Thoughts on Black Clover?

Fireduck

I now it is kinda late but it is good. Think of it like Naruto it has a lot of the same short comings but it is fun and I follow it. So if you are a big fan of Naruto(or can ignore the issues with it)  then it will be good for you.

On 6/30/2019 at 2:55 AM, Fireduck said:

Hi guys.  I see rightstuf is currently having a sale and I was thinking of picking up black clover.  Is this a pretty good anime?

4 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

yeah I didn't see that Charlotte thing coming 😂 Gordon is a kinda shady character but I think he is on the Black Bull's side though, at least I think 😂 

They better not pull some shenanigans like make Gordon out to be this secretly evil, cursed, Voodoo priest or something because I've really started to like him! 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@RuthisianCodex I think you are going to quite enjoy the episode 😂 

really was a hilarious episode 😂 best part was 'weren't you two strangers before you got married? why do you look so much alike?' 😂 

Oh my LAWD! I absolutely loved this week's episode! 

Dude, Gordon's dad & the Captain of the Coral Peacocks are NO JOKE! I wouldn't want to get on either of their bad sides because...whoa! 

And now we can finally find out what happened to Noelle's mother plus I think it's hilarious that Nozel is kinda like Gauche is with his obsession over Marie.

Oh yes, yes, yes! Let the backstory explanations & all around bad-assery continue! 

11 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I was  wondering what would happen next in Black Clover after the whole elf thing, so it was interesting to see in this week's episode where things seem to be heading.

Also, I wonder why the kingdoms have the same symbols as playing cards?

Can I just say that I'd love to see Langris get caught in a bear trap? I mean, for fudge sake dude....what is your PROBLEM!?! I understand sibling rivalry & all that but come on already. I hope there is another showdown between him & Finral where Finral finally takes out the trash once & for all! UGH! 

As for the Heart Kingdom, yeah um apparently those folks are not to be taken lightly. I hope that the lightning mage becomes an ally because holy crap his attacks are insane! 

• Agree 1

@RuthisianCodex I am not a Langris fan myself, but for some reason I don't think he will play a role later in the series. not based on anything really, just a guess. Also not the biggest Finral fan, but definitely way ahead of Langris

I think that Asta will learn some new stuff there. they seem to have a 'different' way of manipulating their magic, so maybe there's a way for Asta as well to use the devil's power

Just watched the newest episode & wow, I am SO looking forward to this showdown with the Spade Kingdom! But I'll admit, Luck saying that not even he wanted to fight that demon made my stomach drop a little. And as selfish as this is, I need Noelle to be the one that actually kills him so that she can avenge her mother. She has gone through hell her whole life because of what that devil did to her family. 

Finally caught up on it. Watching two episodes in a row, I realized that even though Black Clover can be a bit 'asta' at times, it has quite a lot of unique characters and easy to digest scenes!
I don't think the guy they showed will be the devil but probably someone like Asta who controls the devil's power. what surprised me a bit was that the whole heart kingdom thing was only two episodes. obviously the characters from there will come up again though.
I also find it interesting how the whole net of characters develops 😂 I think the next episode will be hilarious when they visit Hage 😂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Finally caught up on it. Watching two episodes in a row, I realized that even though Black Clover can be a bit 'asta' at times, it has quite a lot of unique characters and easy to digest scenes!
I don't think the guy they showed will be the devil but probably someone like Asta who controls the devil's power. what surprised me a bit was that the whole heart kingdom thing was only two episodes. obviously the characters from there will come up again though.
I also find it interesting how the whole net of characters develops 😂 I think the next episode will be hilarious when they visit Hage 😂 

The rivalry between Jack the Ripper & Yami never gets old to me because you know that if either of them ever seriously got hurt, the other would literally go to hell & back to avenge them.

• Like 1

Really struggle with Black Clover, every time I start to watch it and try to get back into it, just doesn't grab me as much as others do, but I know there are some I like that people will think are worse I suppose. 

I see you bought Log Horizon - really enjoy that.

• Friendly 1

I'm now on Episode 87 and it's all I want to watch lol. I'll have to avoid this thread a little while longer until I'm caught up :D

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 5:04 AM, Mikeyboy636 said:

Really struggle with Black Clover, every time I start to watch it and try to get back into it, just doesn't grab me as much as others do, but I know there are some I like that people will think are worse I suppose. 

I see you bought Log Horizon - really enjoy that.

Is there any particular aspect of the show that you're not crazy about?

7 minutes ago, RZ. said:

I'm now on Episode 87 and it's all I want to watch lol. I'll have to avoid this thread a little while longer until I'm caught up :D

Very nice! Who are your favorite characters? What are you enjoying most about the show so far?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Is there any particular aspect of the show that you're not crazy about?

Very nice! Who are your favorite characters? What are you enjoying most about the show so far?

I really like the different types of magic and the fight scenes tend to be awesome too. Need nothing be said about the intros 😅

I have too many favorite characters lol but I think if I had to choose 4 it'd be Noelle, Vanessa, Luck and Zora (at the moment anyway) 

I also feel like I'm the only person in the world whose main ship is Vanessa and Finral (and yep, I know they end up interested in other people 😭). 

Edited by RZ.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RZ. said:

I really like the different types of magic and the fight scenes tend to be awesome too. Need nothing be said about the intros 😅

I have too many favorite characters lol but I think if I had to choose 3 it'd be Noelle, Vanessa, Luck and Zora (at the moment anyway) 

I also feel like I'm the only person in the world whose main ship is Vanessa and Finral (and yep, I know they end up interested in other people 😭). 

Finral is such an underrated character, I just adore him! Vanessa has a crush on Yami for sure & Finral is just love struck with pretty women in general lol. 

Some of the fight scenes coming up are insane so I know you'll probably really be into them.

What would your magic be if you were a character in Black Clover?

11 minutes ago, RuthisianCodex said:

What would your magic be if you were a character in Black Clover?

I like the OP magic types so probably something like light magic or spatial if it were to do with actually controlling space-time rather than just opening portals. What about you?

• Like 1

Just now, RZ. said:

I like the OP magic types so probably something like light magic or spatial if it were to do with actually controlling space-time rather than just opening portals. What about you?

Your spatial magic would be BEAST mode for sure! Wow!

Um, as for me...let's see. 

Controlling the elements would be cool. Especially air & water because I'd have an advanced spell that would allow me to manipulate those elements within my enemies. So for example, I could cause them to dehydrate or suffocate. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

3 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Controlling the elements would be cool. Especially air & water because I'd have an advanced spell that would allow me to manipulate those elements within my enemies. So for example, I could cause them to dehydrate or suffocate. 

That's similar in nature to one of the weapons from my story which allows for Electromagnetic manipulation. Its users can basically shoot ionising radiation or induce particle decay in their enemies :D

• Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 3:16 PM, Illusion of Terra said:

@RZ. a bit off topic but I really liked your idea about the eight swords. just wanted to say that somewhere 😂 

anyhow, definitely let us knew when you've caught up with Black Clover

Thank you! I'm actually planning on following through with that idea. I've done a lot of the worldbuilding already and might write a short story/prologue to introduce the main character at some point before I start writing a full book.

I'm sure I'll be caught up soon, I'm getting through episodes pretty fast (for me, at least).

• Like 2