Thoughts on Black Clover?

Fireduck

this week I think the episode was interesting and entertaining, but I wanted to see more about the whole devil thing. but maybe this is related to it.
I know I have said it before, but I find Charmy hilarious 😂 Obviously Nero seems to know something about that dungeon and I also think it has to do with why she wanted to see that hot spring.

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

I just finished this week's episode too & Mereoleona Vermillion is such a badass, which is why I adore her. I think her training exercise is on point with their entire mission of taking down that devil they'll all be facing eventually. I can't wait to see what exactly is in that dungeon. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This Zagred guy is absolutely OP. I know that they end up facing these dudes from the Spade Kingdom who are meant to be even more powerful which I can't get my head around lol.

One thing I love about this show is the increasingly powerful forms of magic and trting to work out what could possibly trump the current most powerful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, overall Black Clover is a good anime! Asta and Yuno's character development is amazing! To keep it short and sweet, the plot is about never giving up and cherishing your friends. More so how friends can be your family! I think everyone should give it a try, I would say if you watch the 1st 10 episode then it will have you hooked to where you will want to know what happens next! Hope this helped!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got to sit down and watch the 2 latest episodes. Leo is going to be a total BOSS once he gets full control of his new spell. The Crimson Lions are definitely my favorite squad after the Black Bulls. And I'm sorry but Gauche's obsession with Marie is so creepy to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive gotten to the part where we meet Gordon's parents... 

I can't say I love this anime, I really can't get past a few things:

First Nozel was a complete a*sh*le to his sister all her life even over 100 Ep. in and than we learn naa its a 180 degree turn he truly loves and adores her.... I cant... 100 Ep. of world building and him telling her to back off cuz she is weak etc.... 

ANimAtion - If you like animation and quality Skip the fight where asta gets his demon mode, that fight shows truly terrible fight scenes in my opinion its like you got 2 characters fighting and you could replace the background with white static and it would be better.

Black Bulls sqaud.... STOP ADDING ALREADY "EXISTING" TEAMATES, cant they find any other way to add people other than "oh yeah he has lived her all along" or "yeah he is a member just never shows up.." like seriously wheres the next magic knight thing where we pick more recruits huh?

Just a few of my pet peeves on this show so far....

However not to say that I dont love some aspects but I think I am currently watching the show to say I watched it more than I want to watch it for funz...

So we’re up to over 100 episodes now?  I didn’t last for more than about a dozen before I had to drop it.  Never looked back.  Sounds like I made the right decision.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/30/2019 at 1:55 AM, Fireduck said:

Hi guys.  I see rightstuf is currently having a sale and I was thinking of picking up black clover.  Is this a pretty good anime?

IT IS AMAZING OMG. I LITERALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH IT AND IM CURRENTLY SOBBING BECAUSE ITS GOING TO BE CANCELED. :(

Been watching the show since day one. 

I like the range of different characters, and when the animation is good, it's pretty damn good in a studio trigger kind of way. Same goes for the main stories once they get going, and the showdowns between the crucial antagonists are cool.

I do agree that Asta can be grating at times, some of the animation (keyframes and character models) can also look kinda weird and off, and (just like any long running show) there's plenty of filler. 

However, despite this, I do like Black Clover quite a lot :) Shame if it does get cancelled: hopefully not.