Looking for an anime like Cowboy Bebop

Tael Ling Lin

Question

I am looking for something along the lines of Cowboy Bebop. Culture, Music, and broke ass bounty hunters and stuff. Western, Sci-Fi, and most importantly, a good soundtrack similar to OUR GOD YOKO KANNO, of course. I've seen Trigun, but open to all others! Recommend Away!

spacer.png

5 answers to this question

Well theres samurai champloo, it kind of has the same feel as Cowboy bebop. You have to remember theres not a lot of animes like these, cause they are for westerns. Most animes are for Japanese. And you won't find a lot of western style animes like this.  The only other western style anime is maybe Lupin the 3rd. 

If you are looking for more serious type of animes id check out 

Jojos Bizzarre adventure part 1,2,3,4,5. Is out

one punch man

Baki the Grappler 2001 series. And Baki 2018

Attack on titan

Ghost in the shell tv series. 

Edited by Serge heartless

Cowboy Bebop is pretty unique IMO but a couple that have some common elements:

Samurai Champloo; Gun x Sword; Coyote Ragtime Show; Megalobox; Baccano; Black Lagoon; Hakata Tonkatsu Ramens; Outlaw Star; Gun Frontier; Captain Harlock

I agree that Cowboy Bebop is very unique. You really won't find a lot of the perfect mix that it is. I'll suggest Galaxy Express 999, Afro Samurai, Kite, and Wolf's Rain.

I would suggest Macross Frontier, it has the Music and Sci Fi elements you are looking for.

After being threatened by extinction at the hands of alien invaders called the Zentradi, humanity undertook the task of guaranteeing itself a future by launching fleets of colony ships into space. On Macross Frontier, one such fleet, high school student Saotome Alto's life is changed forever: the fleet is suddenly attacked by unidentified creatures while he is performing aerial stunts for a concert by the wildly popular idol Sheryl. Alto quickly finds himself in the cockpit of a new-model fighter struggling to protect Ranka Lee, a young girl he met only hours earlier, from the invaders' swath of destruction. Noting his performance during this incident, the S.M.S. Skull Squadron private military company invites Alto to join their organization, where he continues protecting his friends and Macross Frontier. - Anime Planet

And Space Dandy has the bounty hunters part down.

Space Dandy is a dandy in space! This dreamy adventurer with a to-die-for pompadour travels across the galaxy in search of aliens no one has ever laid eyes on. Each new species he discovers earns him a hefty reward, but this dandy has to be quick on his feet because it’s first come—first served! - Anime Planet