Vinland Saga

Seshi

I have been keeping up with it. Its not an option for me. This series is close to my heart.

Ep 23.

poor Askellad, hearing that wales will be their next target... I hope he can assasinate the king before then, thats really the only solution I see.. Seems like it should be obvious, and its already in his plans anyway. What Im really curious about is if thorfinn will be going home or not.

I’m all caught up now. This Sunday is supposed to be the final episode so curious to see what kind of note it ends on.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is still my #1 of 2019, but this will be #2 or #3.

Vikings plus anime; now there's one I never thought I'd see. While I want to see this, I just don't see vikings and anime culture mixing.

Then again, I said the same thing about Spongebob and anime, and the opening videos that Narmak made on YouTube were a modern-day treasure.

Just finished episode 24. This series was an absolute masterpiece, so much so that I’m actually reconsidering what my #1 for the year will be.  As great as Kimetsu no Yaiba was, there were times it irritated me. At one point it was even questionable whether  I would finish it.  Vinland Saga has been a quality piece of work from the beginning.  The only possible criticisms I might have are it’s certainly not a “feel good” story & the supposed MC isn’t really likable. Though a lot if that can be attributed to him still being a “stupid kid” as Askeladd puts it.  It is still possible he may learn from his past mistakes.

Which brings up the point that the past 24 episodes have apparently just been a “prologue” as the final episode’s title implies. Along with some of the cryptic final scenes, I have hope for a 2nd season. I don’t mind if it takes awhile just so they continue to do a quality job.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 1:17 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Just finished episode 24. This series was an absolute masterpiece, so much so that I’m actually reconsidering what my #1 for the year will be.  As great as Kimetsu no Yaiba was, there were times it irritated me. At one point it was even questionable whether  I would finish it.  Vinland Saga has been a quality piece of work from the beginning.  The only possible criticisms I might have are it’s certainly not a “feel good” story & the supposed MC isn’t really likable. Though a lot if that can be attributed to him still being a “stupid kid” as Askeladd puts it.  It is still possible he may learn from his past mistakes.

Which brings up the point that the past 24 episodes have apparently just been a “prologue” as the final episode’s title implies. Along with some of the cryptic final scenes, I have hope for a 2nd season. I don’t mind if it takes awhile just so they continue to do a quality job.

I definitely have Vinland Saga as my #1 for the year, then Shield Hero, and then Demon Slayer.. Just so you know you're not alone in your thinking. 

Askellad was a treasure in this series, and I do believe he was the MC of this arc, not Thotfinn, although later on in the series, I believe Thorfinn will have a more central and impactful role. I cant wait to see what the true meaning of "Vinland Saga" really is.

• Like 1