What makes Anime Art beautiful?

Seshi

This question is definitely a matter of individual taste. But I just wanted to ask YOU what features in anime you find beautiful?

Feel free to share an image to help you describe your preferred anime art style.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Seshi said:

This question is definitely a matter of individual taste. But I just wanted to ask YOU what features in anime you find beautiful?

Feel free to share an image to help you describe your preferred anime art style.

hair, long hair

for some reason, if she has long hair, she's gonna be one of the best girls for me >.>

oh noes, one of my fetishes has been exposed, curses

im wierd ;>

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Well I like so much of it. I tend to like art styles where the eyes are large and round, and where there is a heavy emphasis on colors for a purpose. Shana is a good example of this as is Fruits Basket. I am not entirely picky though I love anime, and there have honestly been very few art styles for it that I hated besides Ajin.

• Like 1

I love that style of anime art as well tbh, the 5 cm per second type. The way they draw it is really lovely. I also like the big-eyes style of anime art. 

• Like 1

I think anime style eyes have a lot to do with it for me as well. They can express so much about a character just from the ability to exaggerate the size and intricacy of emotion by frame, perhaps lingering on a moment a bit longer than real life would have us glimpse into someone’s more private moments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

I think anime style eyes have a lot to do with it for me as well. They can express so much about a character just from the ability to exaggerate the size and intricacy of emotion by frame, perhaps lingering on a moment a bit longer than real life would have us glimpse into someone’s more private moments.

Anime eyes seem to be the huge difference in anime and normal cartoon style as well. That specific style of art with how they draw the characters always attracted me to anime to begin with because as you said there is a lot of expression in it.

• Like 2

There's so many things about anime that makes it's beautiful to me!

I love how artists are able to really capture the atmosphere they're trying to achieve! There's always so much detail (*of course, unless it's like stylized like Crayon Shin-chan,) and there's a fluid, smooth movement...it's very organic. The colors are often vivid and eye-catching, but can be muted if it's stylized, like with the 12 Kingdoms (I wish the author would finish that series) or Mushishi.

I also love emotion and expressions, exaggerated or serious. I can just gush over anime all day XD

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1