Fire Force

Seshi

You can definitely tell it’s by the same guy who created Soul Eater. We’ve barely gotten a glimpse of the characters and the world they live in. Can’t wait to see how it develops.

• Like 2

This week’s episode has been postponed(?) in response to the Kyoto Animation fire.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-19/fire-force-anime-halts-friday-planned-airing-streaming-of-3rd-episode/.149134

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Sad 1

Episode 3 is scheduled for today, but apparently some changes were made in response to the KyoAni fire. Will probably post some more detailed comments once I’ve seen it.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

On 7/9/2019 at 4:24 PM, Ohiotaku said:

You can definitely tell it’s by the same guy who created Soul Eater. We’ve barely gotten a glimpse of the characters and the world they live in. Can’t wait to see how it develops.

Lol I was thinking, wow that looks a lot like the characters from Soul Eater. Now I know why. I loved Soul Eater and I like the way the characters in this one look but I'm not sure I'll watch it ;-; I'll put it on that maybe list though. 

• Like 1

Episode 3 - visually stunning, especially the fight choreography. I didn’t like the way they used info dumps to put a lot of information out there, but definitely some intriguing developments

various factions within the Fire Force with their own agendas and Company 8 being something of an oversight/investigative division. Shinra’s little brother is apparently still alive somewhere and part of a coverup. And I get the feeling the religious aspect will be played up more later[/spolier]

• Like 1

Ep 3.

I wish they would have fleshed out the fire games a bit more like MHA did the entrance exam for the hero academy. It could have been very fun, but really it ended up being cut short and all the excitement sidelined for another plot element. I definitely enjoy where the plot is moving, but I think the episode could have really taken time to finish what it started.

I wasn’t as interested as I am now in the series, so I guess my opinion of it still improved a bit with this episode.

Up to episode 4 now. I think the series is continuing to improve overall but would benefit if they were more coherent in the way they tell their stories and didn’t feel so rushed.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I'm going to watch anymore. I finished episode two and I got turned off by the rival character. I know it's a shonen, but rival characters really rub me the wrong way when they're done a certain way, like Bakugou from MHA. (Sorry, I know you two like MHA.)

If it gets better, I might consider picking it up. For now, it's on pause.

Edited by Musuko
  • Agree 1

So far they’ve kinda portrayed Arthur as an idiot with a Don Quixote complex (considers himself to be a knight). I think the series has definite potential if they would do some world building and be more coherent with the narrative. But right now it seems more concerned with action sequences and looking cool. Also seems like they feel the need to include some fanservice every  ep  even when it feels out of place, which I’ve seen sone people complain about.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 10:12 PM, Musuko said:

I don't know if I'm going to watch anymore. I finished episode two and I got turned off by the rival character. I know it's a shonen, but rival characters really rub me the wrong way when they're done a certain way, like Bakugou from MHA. (Sorry, I know you two like MHA.)

If it gets better, I might consider picking it up. For now, it's on pause.

I don’t like Bakugo either.. so I totally understand 

• 7 months later...

Benimaru Shinmon Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

Shinra Kusakabe | Fire Force Wiki | Fandom

What a couple of total badasses! I LOVE Fire Force! 

On 9/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, Seshi said:

I don’t like Bakugo either.. so I totally understand 

For real!!! Ugh, every time he gets irate for no reason I'm like geez would you chill out? 

See what I did there? Because he has explosive fire so um, he needs to *chill* out...no? Ok, I'll just go sit down & quietly enjoy my cookies then. 🤓 🍪

• 3 months later...

Pros: I love it visually (art style & animation). It definitely can do high adrenaline fight sequences. Also like the music & overall concept. And there’s the potential for sone indepth worldbuilding.

Cons: I find it’s sense of humor cringey sometimes & there are instances when I feel like it detracts from the action. Also wish the narrative was more coherent at times.

As to this weeks episode: 

1 hour ago, RuthisianCodex said:

This new character who just got introduced in episode 3 is a force to be reckon with for sure! 

Certainly didn’t expect her to be a delinquent based on her character design. Just realized that the beginning of the OP focuses on the 5 pillars. Also not sure but think this was actually the first time the different “generations” of pyrokinetic abilities were explained, even though it was   part of every character’s introduction.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Um, the 5th pillar is apparently an insane sociopath so yeah....best to leave that one alone, guys. I bet hr backstory is going to be unnerving as all get out once it's discovered. She's only been in a few episodes so far but already is at the top of my list of best designed characters layer-wise.

Was pretty much a no brainer she would side with the bad guys, but was still shocked at the brutality of what she did to  her one time accomplice (safe to say they are no longer toning things down out of deference to the Kyoto Animation fire). What irks me about her is that despite her badass thrillseeker bluster, she tries to pass her actions off as beyond her control (her destiny according to the Adolla Burst). Suggests to me she is still a very immature & frightened child.  Philosophy wise, seems she’s meant to be Shinra’s polar opposite. 
One frustration , is Tamaki has basically been reduced to the role of a walking wardrobe malfunction. She’ll never be as badass as Maki, but she still deserves better than the way she’s being treated. Not only because her powers are pretty cool but she can also give Iris some much needed assistance as a Sister. I mean come on, the writers even made Arthur’s Don Quixotesque  delusions something thought provoking, so give her some dignity for crying outloud.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

One frustration , is Tamaki has basically been reduced to the role of a walking wardrobe malfunction. She’ll never be as badass as Maki, but she still deserves better than the way she’s being treated. Not only because her powers are pretty cool but she can also give Iris some much needed assistance as a Sister. I mean come on, the writers even made Arthur’s Don Quixotesque  delusions something thought provoking, so give her some dignity for crying outloud.

Agreed 100%. But something I've noticed is that the show is taking it's time with showing off everyone's strong points & giving characters like Maki more major roles in the victories rather than Shinra just getting in there & kicking butt all over the place so I know that Tamaki's time is coming. Because remember, we haven't delved into her backstory that deeply yet so I'm sure that when we do, it's going to be some situation where Sister is in mortal danger or something & then that fire kitten energy she has is going to take the form of a panther or lioness or something & just wreak havoc & destruction all over the bad guys. At least that's what I'm hoping for anyway. 

3 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

the all of them being high on gas driving through the desert was a love letter to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas if I ever saw one! 🔥

Also a PSA on the importance of everyone wearing a mask 😷
That rock formation Tamaki freaked out over made me think that weird looking moon from Soul Eater got blown up spacer.png

Not sure if it actually means anything or if it’s just an Easter Egg since both series are written by the same guy.

Tamaki actually managed to not lose her clothes or get groped this week & put some doggies to rest so it’s a start. Also glad the new kid got a pretty cool action sequence.

This week had a different feel from previous episodes. More comedic but also surreal with the talking animals. The preview definitely has me curious for next week.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Also a PSA on the importance of everyone wearing a mask 😷
That rock formation Tamaki freaked out over made me think that weird looking moon from Soul Eater got blown up spacer.png

Not sure if it actually means anything or if it’s just an Easter Egg since both series are written by the same guy.

Tamaki actually managed to not lose her clothes or get groped this week & put some doggies to rest so it’s a start. Also glad the new kid got a pretty cool action sequence.

This week had a different feel from previous episodes. More comedic but also surreal with the talking animals. The preview definitely has me curious for next week.

Yeah his flaming skateboard & arrows is a really awesome combination & I'm curious to see how his abilities develop throughout this season. I can't wait to hear his back story. 

• Like 1

The current arc continues to have a completely different feel to it than the rest of the series. Not that I’m complaining as we’re finally getting to some of the world building .  Season 2 is a double cour so it should run through the end of the year, hoping for lots of progress.

Edited by Ohiotaku