Fire Force

Seshi

20 minutes ago, RuthisianCodex said:

I liked this episode. Arthur just keeps surprising me. And as I suspected, Tamaki's role has been cleaned up a bit. 

Licht & Whistle Bro’s reaction to Arthur figuring out the pattern was priceless 🤣

• Funny 1

What a neat & thought provoking episode this week. I like the spin they're putting on the Evangelist & how she may have shaped history & world religions. I especially enjoyed listening to the woman who is voicing the woman in black. I'm a bit concerned about that first pillar though because who knows what level of impact she'll have on Shinra. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

I'm a bit concerned about that first pillar though because who knows what level of impact she'll have on Shinra. 

In a way, can’t fully blame her for being crazed & resentful if she’s been imprisoned for centuries to power Amaterasu unlike the Woman in Black who made the choice willingly.

I’m anticipating next weeks ep as it looks to maybe give some insight into Licht & Joker’s characters. While it seems they’re assisting the good guys for now, they’re secrecy suggests that their ultimate motives might make them enemies. The OP seems to suggest a connection of some sort between Joker & Burns (Company 1’s chief) but will have to wait to see.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow....this week's episode was so dark, I loved it! The fight scenes were really cool & I'm very curious to see how this story arc develops. Also, if anyone was curious as to why Benimaru is my husbando, this episode should have cleared it up. 'Don't whine to me about a lousy arm.'  Such...a...badass!!!! 

Shinra vs. Joker! | Fire Force (SimulDub Clip) – Fans of Anime

• Like 1

I got into some discussions about this episode on MAL and there is something extremely traumatic & brutal that happens to Joker when he is young. It can be very triggering so just steel yourself for it if you haven't watched already. Joker has immediately become one of my top 5 favorite characters in the show, if not of all time in anime period because of this episode. The amount of suffering he was made to endure is ridiculous. I'm loving the changes to the animation in this episode because it was much grittier than the others & I'd like to see this style used more often. 

This most recent ep was one of the series’ best as we’re finally getting some insight into Joker who has been one of the most enigmatic characters since way back in episode 2 of the first season. I actually went back & rewatched episodes 2 & 3 (S1) and then the 2 most recent episodes trying to put the pieces together. While he has used the enemy-of-my-enemy tact in his attempts to recruit Shinra & Beni, I honestly don’t think he cares if his “allies” find the answers they’re looking for or even survive as long as they’re useful to him. Beni is really suspicious of his attempts to recruit him at first, but then Joker blows a cloud of smoke his direction & he becomes more open to it, causing Joker to smirk. Didn’t think much of it the first time through, but after learning his cigarette smoke can mess with people’s minds, can’t help but see it as something more. While it was suggested that Beni was immune, it seems more like he can use his powers to burn toxins from his system since he did succumb to the priest’s poison at first. And after purging it he started getting more suspicious of Joker again. Benimaru has his reasons for wanting to topple the current establishment, but by his own admission ultimately just wants the people he cares about to be safe & happy. But again Joker doesn’t really seem to care if his actions result in a better world, he primarily wants to expose & destroy the corrupt establishment & become powerful enough that no one will ever be able to hurt & abuse him again. Considering the way he’s been treated, he honestly had no choice but to adopt his lonewolf philosophy, but I’m still hesitant to apply the anti-hero label to him just yet. And it seems like a confrontation between him & Beni and/or vs Shinra round 2 seems inevitable.

And then there’s this connection between him & Burns that will apparently be addressed next. The two of them can sense each other’s presence when they use their powers (Joker in the flashback from when he left The Shadows & Burns during the rookie competition back in episode 3). My theory is their missing eyes are a result of a fight between the two of them in the past. Looking forward to seeing how it affects my current perspective on the two.

• Like 1

Enjoyed this episode. I'm glad that we have more insight on the relationship between Joker & Burns. The whole revelation about the Holy Sol Temple sent a chill down my spine for all sorts of reasons, as did the Adolla Link scene. I watched a Canadian horror movie from 2008 called Martyrs that gave me a similar vibe. That movie will jack you up so you've been warned should you decide to check it out.