Posted (edited)

505A85C5-D515-4FCF-85AC-3DBDC79B4B87.png.78f5943a2a6beffc244e90b6596bc935.png

Fore force: Another good summer 2019 anime started this week. It is being produced David Production studios, and has already started climbing the anime charts. 

The Synopsis: 

Year 198 of the Solar Era in Tokyo, special fire brigades are fighting against a phenomenon called spontaneous human combustion where humans beings are turned into living infernos called "Infernals." While the Infernals are first generation cases of spontaneous human combustion, later generations possess the ability to manipulate flames while retaining human form. Shinra Kusakabe, a youth who gained the nickname Devil's Footprints for his ability to ignite his feet at will, joins the Special Fire Force Company 8 which composes of other flames users as they work to extinguish any Infernals they encounter. As a faction that is creating Infernals appears, Shira begins to uncover the truth behind a mysterious fire that caused the death of his family twelve years ago.

(Source: Wikipedia)

The series looks really good, I think it’s got a lot in common with Blue Exorcist in the way the characters act, as well as the elements in the plot. Visually it is an appealing anime and hosts an interesting concept opposed to traditional firefighting. Being set in an alter reality type of world, the concepts are interesting enough to grab my attention for now.

I look forward to the MCs growth as he is currently a new recruit of the fire force and not a full fledged member. 

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 3
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

You can definitely tell it’s by the same guy who created Soul Eater. We’ve barely gotten a glimpse of the characters and the world they live in. Can’t wait to see how it develops.

• Like 2

Come forth! Bobobobobobobo 🤣🤣🤣

-Maki 

That damn lieutenant putting out her pet flames. I think this dynamic is too funny.

Posted (edited)

This week’s episode has been postponed(?) in response to the Kyoto Animation fire.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-19/fire-force-anime-halts-friday-planned-airing-streaming-of-3rd-episode/.149134

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Sad 1

Episode 3 is scheduled for today, but apparently some changes were made in response to the KyoAni fire. Will probably post some more detailed comments once I’ve seen it.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

On 7/9/2019 at 4:24 PM, Ohiotaku said:

You can definitely tell it’s by the same guy who created Soul Eater. We’ve barely gotten a glimpse of the characters and the world they live in. Can’t wait to see how it develops.

Lol I was thinking, wow that looks a lot like the characters from Soul Eater. Now I know why. I loved Soul Eater and I like the way the characters in this one look but I'm not sure I'll watch it ;-; I'll put it on that maybe list though. 

• Like 1

Episode 3 - visually stunning, especially the fight choreography. I didn’t like the way they used info dumps to put a lot of information out there, but definitely some intriguing developments

various factions within the Fire Force with their own agendas and Company 8 being something of an oversight/investigative division. Shinra’s little brother is apparently still alive somewhere and part of a coverup. And I get the feeling the religious aspect will be played up more later[/spolier]

• Like 1

Ep 3.

I wish they would have fleshed out the fire games a bit more like MHA did the entrance exam for the hero academy. It could have been very fun, but really it ended up being cut short and all the excitement sidelined for another plot element. I definitely enjoy where the plot is moving, but I think the episode could have really taken time to finish what it started.

I wasn’t as interested as I am now in the series, so I guess my opinion of it still improved a bit with this episode.

Up to episode 4 now. I think the series is continuing to improve overall but would benefit if they were more coherent in the way they tell their stories and didn’t feel so rushed.

Posted (edited)

I don't know if I'm going to watch anymore. I finished episode two and I got turned off by the rival character. I know it's a shonen, but rival characters really rub me the wrong way when they're done a certain way, like Bakugou from MHA. (Sorry, I know you two like MHA.)

If it gets better, I might consider picking it up. For now, it's on pause.

Edited by Musuko
  • Agree 1

So far they’ve kinda portrayed Arthur as an idiot with a Don Quixote complex (considers himself to be a knight). I think the series has definite potential if they would do some world building and be more coherent with the narrative. But right now it seems more concerned with action sequences and looking cool. Also seems like they feel the need to include some fanservice every  ep  even when it feels out of place, which I’ve seen sone people complain about.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:12 PM, Musuko said:

I don't know if I'm going to watch anymore. I finished episode two and I got turned off by the rival character. I know it's a shonen, but rival characters really rub me the wrong way when they're done a certain way, like Bakugou from MHA. (Sorry, I know you two like MHA.)

If it gets better, I might consider picking it up. For now, it's on pause.

I don’t like Bakugo either.. so I totally understand