The Promised Neverland

Seshi

Where my Promised Neverland fans at?

Feel free to discuss anything related to the series here, just know that others will be posting spoilers!

Did you like the conclusion of the first season? 

What moment was the most terrifying for you?

What surprises were you not expecting?

Notice any plot holes?

Fell free to answer any or all of these questions. Or none 🤣 just getting the conversation going 😉

I was pretty satisfied with season one. I really liked Emma's and Ray's characters, but I might have to have someone explain what exactly was going on during some scenes.

Spoiler

Something that bothered me about Promised Neverland was Norman's character. It kind of flip-flops a lot, which makes sense because he was trying to deceive Mom, but it didn't make sense to me to try to deceive Ray. I wasn't sure what the point of keeping Ray out of the plan was.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I really enjoyed the 1st Season & I love the fact that there was SO much suspense with no jumpscares or even showing the demons very much. There was authentic tension in every episode & my stomach was in knots the whole time. Norman is the GOAT in my opinion but I also like Emma, Ray, & Phil. Seriously, Phil is just too adorable! I'm looking forward to Season 2! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

We are all intrigued even after the complete first season 😂 

I’m actually more intrigued now to find out about the “outside” and how things got that way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

waaaaahhh i enjoyed the first season! im super pumped for the second, but im really bummed it got postponed. as long as everyone keeps safe it aighty though. 

the anime has such a different tone compared to the manga! or, maybe its ust the actual animation, hearing their voices, and the music that does it. 

either way im really excited to see what happens with iy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Won't (try to) spoil anything but I was truly surprised at the story, and can't wait for the second part to air. I know a lot of people pshaw it but I feel the first part is really is worth the watch. At this point though, I will reserve my overall opinion until the rest of it airs because it could all go downhill from the end of the first season. A note: Really shocked at the particular exiting of one of the children as I didn't expect that to happen. (Closest thing to a spoiler I've got without actually spoiling it).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished the first ep of season 2. Think a rewatch of season 1 might be beneficial if your memory is hazy on William Minerva & the clues he left hidden in books. Episode seemed to just fly by & definitely seems like there will be more action this time around.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 2 months later...

Finished season 2 last night & very disappointed with the way they gutted the story. Even having not read the manga it gave the impression of the writers saying “let’s just get this over with” in only 11 episodes (one of which was a recap that barely touched on season 1). I’ll probably give a more indepth review of both seasons later, maybe after getting more of the actual journey by reading the manga.

Edited by Ohayotaku