Dr. Stone [Spoilers]

I like Kohaku & Chrome (heck, even Suika) better than Senku 😂

While electricity may be necessary to make  a cure for Ruri, can’t help but think those lights will attract unwanted attention.

I doubt Tsukasa will put much trust in Gen. On a related note, there was no sign or mention of Oaf and his gf, though they were supposed to infiltrate Tsukasa’s tribe. Hope it doesn’t portend something ominous. 

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2

I do not wish to spoil it for you guys, but, I like to do my own research even if it means spoiling it for my self ahaha

Anyhow, stop reading if you do now wish for a spoiler e.e'

Spoiler

Tsukasa will find out Senku is alive. Im not sure how, i mean, i thought Gen would have said the truth.
Tsukasa will chase after Senku and a war will start. Between the Kingdom of Science and the Empire of Tsukasa. Tsukasa will lose this fight mainly because he is going to be betrayed my one of his "followers".
After this so called war is over, Tsukasa will be critically wounded and he is going to be put in some sort of cryogenic state (again, not sure how).
I don't belive there will be any deaths in the anime or in this war. Some of Tsukasa previous followers will follow Senku and join his Kingdom. Others will find theire way or something like that.
I only did a bit of research when I started the anime and the major characters showed (Senku, Tsukasa and Taiju).

• Like 1

I really enjoyed episode 11! Although there wasn't much plot-wise, it was a quite easy-going and uplifiting episode (especially the Suika part). Only thing I found a bit odd was that whole 'explaining the laboratory' thing. Still, there's a lot they can do now with electricity and glass!

Edited by Illusion of Terra

Personally I enjoy this series more when the emphasis is on helping individuals solve their problems or realize their dreams than on the big picture of restoring civilization. And Suika is adorable 🤗

spacer.png

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hadn’t updated this topic in awhile, but this week’s episode (16) made some key revelations.

revealed that Senku’s dad was an astronaut on the International Space Station when humanity was petrified. And apparently goes on to found the village where the story is currently taking place. Actually guessing that Senku’s dad and the blond idol singer are Kohaku & Rue’s ancestors.

If you are someone who dropped the series early on, I can relate because I almost did the same. But I’d like to suggest giving it a second look because it is becoming a better series as it goes forward.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2019-12-08/dr-stone-manga-has-important-announcement-on-december-16/.154093

Since there’s only 1 more episode & things look to end on a cliffhanger, pretty much guaranteed to be an official announcement of Season 2 (or a movie if they follow the example of Demon Slayer, Made in Abyss & Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress).

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

So the final episode of the season was largely dedicated to recapping how far Senku’s kingdom of science had advanced with some funny & inspirational moments thrown in. Of course the imminent battle with Tuskasa’s followers will have to wait till next season, though we at least got confirmation there will be one. 
My overall feelings: felt like it was overhyped initially, but started enjoying it more once the village arc started, through where they learn about Senku’s “dad” (episodes 7 - 17). But felt the final stages were kind of a stretch

the whole “cellphone” thing & still no idea how they will actually make Practical use of it given the limitations

Still curious about how the big fight will go down, but will wait for season 2 rather than read the manga. Would rank it 7.5/10, but still in my top 10 of 2019.

• 10 months later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-10-21/crunchyroll-streams-dr-stone-jump-special-anime-festa-video-on-youtube/.165451

Most of it is just a recap of season 1, but there’s a new bit with Homura at the end. Season 2 is scheduled for January.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

We’ll be getting an hour long special next month to tide us over till season 3 next year

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/06/12/dr-stone-ryusui-anime-special-raises-the-sails-for-july-10-with-main-visual-and-trailer

Thanks for the info! I can't wait! I actually just watched the first two seasons in April!

• Like 1