Pokemon Showdown

drill

So, this is a browser game that replicates pokemon. You can choose any pokemon (assuming it is in the qualifying teir or lower) and battle with your dream team without the need to worry about breeding the perfect IVs, making sure you EV train after that, and then finding the perfect item along with perfect moves which might need to be crossbred. I've been playing this for the past few days and have a rating of 1215 in the OU tier (you start at 1000, and the #1 player in OU tier is ~1880). Anyway, here is the link for those that are interested.

http://pokemonshowdown.com

Before you start though, you should probably familiarize yourself with the current tier list, so then you don't accidently send in a banned pokemon (don't know if they prevent that or not).

http://www.smogon.com/xyhub/tiers

I use showdown for random matchups only. I can't be bothered to make a team that falls within the tiers. To be honest, I hate the tier concept and I hate smogon more than I can express. I prefer to battle with the Pokemon I love most. I don't even care if I win or lose anymore as long as it's with my family of Pokemon. Shiny Torterra (was a gift from a friend), Gliscor (a gift from a friend), Avalugg (nicknamed CoffeeTable), Shiny Lopunny (Nicknamed Playboy Bunny) (uses a capital i for the L to bypass block), Shiny Goodra (gift from a friend and he named it Slimon) and Shiny Slaking (nicknamed King Slayer).

I bred the shiny Lopunny, shiny Slaking and the normal Avalugg.

I don't really use Pokemon Showdown that much since I'm not dedicated to competitive Pokemon battling. However, if it's fun or important match like randoms, 6 Magikarps, 6 Dittos, or tournaments then that's what I use for Pokemon Showdown. :P

• 4 months later...