Following Function and Clubs

Seshi

Question

Hey everyone, I was just thinking - because it was brought to my attention by @Illusion of Terra that the "following" function could be used to do something more than let us know when a member posts a status update. I think it would be really great if it could also let us know when members post in a club. This could either be an update to the "following" member function, or it could be an attribute to the club section altogether. Anyway, an update when someone posts in a club would be really nice. I for one, follow certain members waiting for them to post more creative content, such as @SAO LILDOOP I'd love to be notified when they post a new Poem ^_^ 

What do y'all think?

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

6 answers to this question

I think you can follow a club right? I know that you can follow threads, but I haven't yet. I guess if you follow a club you will be notified about updates? Just my guess, have never tried it though.

edit: oh yeah, I think what you are talking about though, being notified when a specific person posts (in a specific club/thread) is not available.

Edited by Illusion of Terra

8 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I think you can follow a club right? I know that you can follow threads, but I haven't yet. I guess if you follow a club you will be notified about updates? Just my guess, have never tried it though.

edit: oh yeah, I think what you are talking about though, being notified when a specific person posts (in a specific club/thread) is not available.

Yea, I’m not sure if following a club is a thing, but even if it were, it wouldn’t do much more than I can already do by scrolling by the club.  

I’d love to see when specific members post new content in creative corner or clubs. That’d be useful but I’m also not sure if it can be done.

5 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

I know there's a follow feature in the club section already. 

follow.thumb.jpg.bbd9b80189cad20868c3099d53a0769e.jpg

Or are you talking about expanding the feature of following a member to include when they've posted in a club?

Something different. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

Yes, following a member to include more options than status updates.. like checking more fields per say.

if the forums were listed in a check box format when we go to follow a member, having the fields available for us to choose which area of interest we have in following a member ✅ id check the club forums and creative corner for specific members... 

Other members may want to follow specific members for updates in the anime section - such as @Ohiotaku or @Muco who always seem to have good reviews - for example 

Edited by Seshi

Reread your question, it seems the second part of my post is the case.  

I suspect the reason this doesn't natively occur is because the follow function operates off of the "Core" application of the Invision suite.  Anything that adds onto the Core is an afterthought.  I haven't handled enough of the Social components of IPS to know for sure, but I imagine the mod author should have included the ability to extend the notifications over to the clubs.

Incidentally, after reviewing this - it seems the Clubs feature is a bit incomplete:

https://animeforums.net/notifications/options/

• Informative 1

Was this not available before the platform changed? 

Afaik, there was this option where you could tick a checkbox and get notified whenever followers post or create a thread in any or on a specific forum section. It's possible to narrow down this with more options like "only follow content from anime section" so you don't get over flooded with notifications. I would probably follow the anime section directly if in case i wanted to engage in discussions and would want to stay up to date. 

Edited by Muco
  • Like 1