What old anime are you watching right now?

Seshi

AFA45830-3BCC-4DEE-91DC-D544560107DF.jpeg.bbe99ea9a2531cda409c3ed226cf5b4e.jpeg

The Anime’s of old. There are so many out there that have a high rewatch value - but maybe you even missed them the first time around. 

What have you picked up recently?

I’m currently watching Slam Dunk for the first time and soon to come into rotation again I’m sure, Trigun.

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1

Pretty much any of the Studio Ghibli are worth a rewatch basically anytime.. Nausicaä, Totoro, Witch's (Kiki's) Delivery Service, Laputa, Grave of the Fireflies, etc.  When I was younger I thought stuff like Maison Ikkoku and Rocky Joe were good and I watched both a couple times, though I don't have much of an interest in a rewatch now.  Ikkoku was vaguely along the same lines as Youkai Apartment or Mahoraba, even Sakurasou, though not as good as either Youkai or Sakurasou.  More like Kawai Complex maybe.  Rocky was fighting/sports-themed.  Another great series (IMHO) was Ghost in the Shell.  Planetes.  (While I'm mentioning space themes, interested parties might also check out Space Brothers.  Also stuff like Rocket Girls and Moonlight Mile come to mind, if you can find them.  RG is G-rated, but MM is NSFW.)  And yes, Trigun.  :) 

That's just what shook loose when I rattled my head, :D and I'm sure I'll remember more as soon as I hit the button.  YMMV...

• Funny 1

8 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

Dragon ball, some reason it just had a lot better character building then Z.  

I really liked DBZ, though some of the seasons were not as good as others. It’s been a long time since I’ve watched dragon ball, but I do remember liking it through all the arcs, and especially towards the end.

Dragon ball Z did kind of lag off there at the end of buu saga. 

Awesome! I know one that’s going on your watch list now 😉

8 minutes ago, Castigear said:

I rewatched Boogiepop Phantom not too long ago. I don't rewatch often but I had been waiting for the new Boogiepop and decided to. Still haven't watched the new Boogiepop.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seshi said:

I’d like to rewatch death note too. I never finish it

Hide contents

after L dies

Hated that part. All around good anime though.

• Like 1

I gave NGE a shot. I know you guys said it wasn't that great, but those 90s anime always get me. I thought it was about gundam style stuff, but those things aren't even gundam. So far I think it's pretty interesting, although they really went for the religious symbolism 😂 I don't mind it, but they seem to kinda have made a different version from the toraic-biblical version usually shown.

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

Not too long ago I watched Revolutionary Girl Utena. *o* It makes me want to read the manga :D

The Saiyuki anime doesn't hold up so well. I mean, the series started off okay, but Minekura (mangaka) probably was sick and the anime caught up and the filler was just...so repetitive! Still, the opening song and ending song's amazing for the first season XD

Not sure if anyone's watched it, but I think it's shounen: I LOVED Gundum Wing. Holy crap. That was my jam! Giant robots, drama, action and a smattering of politics (but not like, real politics, ew!) I want to re-watch it.

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1