Foods that should never be put together

Seshi

My mom packed a peanut butter and mayo sandwich into my school lunch a couple of times as a kid and I threw them out and had to go hungry those days.  It was just like two days cause she stopped, after I told her I couldn't stand them.  She loves them...she's weird...

Edited by Fireduck
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, The History Kid said:

(Seafood is gross.  You can't change my mind.)

No need to change your mind.  It's ok to be wrong...

edit:  awww... I see your sad face....now I feelzzz sad back...

Edited by Fireduck
  • Sad 1
  • Funny 1

34 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

Can you actually confirm that calamari is not just a rubber glove that got thrown into a deep fryer, though? 

Though I tend to agree in the particular case of calamari, and I'm not big on shellfish in general either, I am a fan of grilled salmon.  Sashimi is also quite acceptable.  There's a place just down the hill from me that does it really well.  Imported Japanese chef and everything.  :)  I'd partake more often but that sort of behavior gets expensive.

I will also defend pineapple on pizza.  At least when combined with Canadian bacon.  Just in case anyone wants to go there.

What I /don't/ get is sweet+salty stuff.  Chocolate covered pretzels, salted caramels, that sort of thing.  Don't cross the streams.

9 hours ago, The History Kid said:

Can you actually confirm that calamari is not just a rubber glove that got thrown into a deep fryer, though? 

Squid is really good when made for Korean food. I have had great squid that was boiled, the fried stuff is very chewy and ew. I don’t eat a lot of the mussels because they can become chewy. Squid is crunchy when boiled... it’s nice in a weird way lol

12 hours ago, Fireduck said:

My mom packed a peanut butter and mayo sandwich into my school lunch a couple of times as a kid and I threw them out and had to go hungry those days.  It was just like two days cause she stopped, after I told her I couldn't stand them.  She loves them...she's weird...

Oh no she didn’t 🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

We should form an anti-seafood alliance 😂

You’ll already have an arch nemesis as I form “seafood nation” 😜 tremble in awe of the vast amount of seafoods I can eat.

——-

Another Nono, mayo and liver mush.. it’s better with mustard!

• Like 1

I was watching Kitchen Nightmares and in one episode (I think it was the soul food restaurant) they had watermelon and onion together. Now I've got no experience with soul food at all since it's not really a thing in Australia but... bruh...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2