New words thread we could use.

HakuUzumaki

When y’all are done can I add this to my list of new slang that annoys me? 😆

17 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Interesting thread idea 😂I always thought there should be a name for something like jet-lag, but describing the time it takes to get back to reality after having binge-watching a show for hours.

Interesting concept... I often use the term “food coma” to describe the lack of desire to do anything for hours after eating too much food.. 

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 7/18/2019 at 6:05 PM, Seshi said:

The thing is those new words need to actually be used to remember them and incorporate them into your language. Are you practicing them with anyone?

I'm writing a Novel. Least trying to. I'm kept making changes with my first chapter. I'm going use these words as one.

16 hours ago, HakuUzumaki said:

I always want to know what do you called someone who married your cousins? I called them, "Cousin-in-Law". Do you guys do the same thing?

Yeah, I guess it would be cousin-in-law, right? 

(I first thought you asked what you call your cousin if you marry them, and thought that's actually a really interesting question 😂)

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 2:58 PM, Illusion of Terra said:

Yeah, I guess it would be cousin-in-law, right? 

(I first thought you asked what you call your cousin if you marry them, and thought that's actually a really interesting question 😂)

You could called, "Coûife" "Huscus".

Here are some new words for you to use that I came up with: 

"Barcen" means a bad Recon. 

"Gorcen" means a good Recon.

"Dorrcen" means it is recon once and been recon twice or two times. 

"Tirrocen" means it is recon three times.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, within the novel I'm making at the moment there are a few other words made up to account for the factor of certain things existing in certain places that don't otherwise. Like these for bounty hunters;

Guffrender: "The act of rendering someone unstable or unconscious via the use of a rope or length of material, done in such a way as to make them easily moveable via the use of Guffing* them. Word commonly used to describe a bounty hunters duty when capturing a hostile alive"

*Guffing: "Utalising remote or psychological manipulation to controll ones movements, but for the express purpose of non-violent capture or restraint"

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 9:37 PM, HakuUzumaki said:

I always want to know what do you called someone who married your cousins? I called them, "Cousin-in-Law". Do you guys do the same thing?

At a certain degree of separation there stops being names for the relation. While they would be a cousin-in-law it's a turn of phrase that is rarely used due to the degree of separation it's kind of how people seldom refer to their fourth cousin twice removed as such and would just call them by their name. (for those interested a fourth cousin is one that you share at least one great-great-great grandparent with and to be twice removed would mean they are two-generation difference between you so they or you would have to be grandparents in some capacity or basically it's a theoretical, but ultimately absurd technical relation to somebody)

On 7/22/2019 at 2:58 PM, Illusion of Terra said:

Some cultures it is perfectly acceptable or even encouraged to marry one's cousin, many South American cultures it's perfectly normal to marry your 2nd or 1st cousin and in the Middle East it is often encouraged for various reason, but if it's a legitimate interest to know what they'd be called the highest degree of relation takes precedent by convention so wife/husband would take precedent over cousin and their parent's would typically be referred to as your mother-in-law and father-in-law instead of your aunt and uncle again purely by common convention since they'd still be both you could call them whatever you wish technically.

-

As for Zeg being the day after tomorrow I'd say if you're going with English the closest would be the archaic "overmorrow" since it's technically English just not used anymore.

Edited by Vitis
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 11:38 AM, HakuUzumaki said:

Zeg means the day after tomorrow.

Gushintsin means the day before yesterday. I think we should shorted it to gushint.

might aswell throw a new word i made while studying

NaMaS

neutral red - Mac agar - SSA agar 

Pa X T U - (pa c2, in our language, translates to, "lets c2", or "lets drink c2"

Phenyl red - XDA XLD agar - TSI tube test - Urea test

t-this is basically some bacteriology stuff i made to remember them x_x, i think its words, and not acronymied in a way ?!?

i also made a mistake, and wrote XDA rather than XLD, tf's a XDA >.>...

Unather: a brother who actually married his sister but they didn't know about them being siblings.

Aunther: a sister who actually married her brother but they didn't know about them being siblings.

Sophew:  son and a nephew when it comes to Aunther and Unather.

Nieghter: daughter and  niece  when it comes to Aunther and Unather.