Alien Con

Sakura

Just curious if anyone here is going to the Alien con in Dallas in the Fall, or had been to the previous one. I think the dates are October 4-6th for this one.

(Not to be confused with that OTHER alien convention happening in Nevada in September ;)

I admit, I really like the "Ancient Aliens" TV show on History and think the convention would be pretty crazy and interesting. While I don't agree with everything they suggest in the show, I still find it interesting to watch because I do believe there is more than just us in this vast expansive universe and researching UFO's and alien sightings/theories interests me ^^

Anyone else watch the show or believe there is more than just us here? Or maybe have had your own UFO sighting? :D 

• Like 3

I've never seen that show before, but if it comes up I'll be sure to check it out.

I do believe life exists elsewhere in this vast universe, I witnessed a sighting many years ago as many people did at the time as the sighting hit the news, it went down as unexplained.

I've always had an interest in space, I find it interesting how NASA got to the moon and back with the technology of the time, it's quite incredible.

Edited by Banri
  • Like 1

That always interested me as well. The first commercial jet flight was in 1952 and in only 17 years after that we landed on the Moon. That's a pretty huge jump in technology.

But there's an interesting jump in all things technology after the supposed Roswell Alien crash. If you look at the last several hundred years of technology, and then the huge jump very suddenly after that it's kind of an interesting theory. One they explore a lot on that show so that's kinda neat to think about.

They've  shown a lot of video footage as well, I believe from London, where hundreds of people witnessed UFO's over London at once that was unexplained. Seems to happen quite often though with multiple cities more in recent years.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Sofi said:

Just curious if anyone here is going to the Alien con in Dallas in the Fall, or had been to the previous one. I think the dates are October 4-6th for this one.

(Not to be confused with that OTHER alien convention happening in Nevada in September ;)

I admit, I really like the "Ancient Aliens" TV show on History and think the convention would be pretty crazy and interesting. While I don't agree with everything they suggest in the show, I still find it interesting to watch because I do believe there is more than just us in this vast expansive universe and researching UFO's and alien sightings/theories interests me ^^

Anyone else watch the show or believe there is more than just us here? Or maybe have had your own UFO sighting? :D 

Not going to the Con...but I too love Ancient Aliens and especially Giorgio.  Want to meet him at a con someday and shake his hand :)  My husband laughs at his hair, but I think that's a great defining feature (he'll never be not noticed).  I definitely believe in aliens, and that they are already here.  I also believe that our government (if not all of it, a certain segment of it) is corrupt enough to attempt to hide it from the world.  That said, you won't see me storming the base.  Even if there are elevators and tunnels connecting the base to the other bases, I have no desire to die like that.  Storming the base may be a good way to force a realization that people are ready for the truth, but those in power will never relinquish that truth as that is literally the only power that they hold.  I also subscribe to Coast to Coast AM and when I'm driving I do a lot of listening.  I'd post a link to my favorite show, but it would take a while to track it down.  I think they had the whole show for free on YouTube 6 or so months back.  If I track it down in the next few days, I'll drop back in and post a link.

I don't recall ever clearly seeing one, but I have friends who have had sightings (sightings that lasted over 3 hours), and there's no telling what I've seen that I don't remember myself, or that I didn't realize I was seeing at the time.  I don't recall seeing a USO either, though there is a report of one having been sighted a few years back just off the beach. 

1 minute ago, Beocat said:

Not going to the Con...but I too love Ancient Aliens and especially Giorgio.  Want to meet him at a con someday and shake his hand :)  My husband laughs at his hair, but I think that's a great defining feature (he'll never be not noticed).

I thought I was one of the only people that thought this lol ^^! That is part of the reason I want to go to a con so much for it, specifically to meet him. I've been a big fan of his since the show came out.

That be great if you have a link for it I'd love it.

I don't think storming Area 51 is something I want to do either lol. I'm pretty sure that is going to just result in potential deaths and I'm not ready to go like that. I've had two experiences that I remember that were close together, one on my horse when I was out riding when I was around 12 and there was a strange object darting all over the sky and hovering, going down really low then shooting back up extremely fast before hovering for about 10 minutes and flying off. That was the day I started to become fascinated with that sort of stuff. Shortly after that about a week later, my family was out near the same spot and all saw the same similar thing. 

On 7/19/2019 at 5:15 PM, Sofi said:

Anyone else watch the show or believe there is more than just us here? Or maybe have had your own UFO sighting?

I've seen the show.  Sorry, but I don't like it.  Physically and mentally ancient humans were exactly like "modern" humans.  To take everything that was interesting from back then - and there was a lot of it - and say aliens did it is rude and disrespectful to the people who lived back then.  The fact that the show is on something called the "History" channel just makes it even worse.   :(

muppet-aliens-historychannel.png.ccabc1399890d1b5ee9de165e5fabac5.png

Edit:  Yes, I believe in aliens.  In fact, there are probably lots of aliens in the universe.  I also believe in physics, which pretty much means any extraterrestrial aliens have NOT visited the Earth.  (Unless we're very wrong about quite a lot of physics that seems to work very well for us otherwise.)

Edited by efaardvark
  • Funny 1

I've only watched the show the few times I watched it with you but it was good. I can see why you would want to go to con. It would probably be a lot like the anime cons with interesting people to meet and chat with. The atmosphere at cons like that is usually pretty positive and good to be around people that share interest in the same things you do.

I've never personally had an experience with a UFO but I believe there is more than us in the universe.

• Like 1

Well, since the theories interest you, I recommend that you listen to this one, a rather sobering one. I have yet to find anyone who can talk their way around what it really means.

And @efaardvark just because we haven't figured out how to quickly travel between the stars doesn't mean it isn't possible. I'm sure today's technology would seem like magic to a more primitive people after all. If you can't deny the atmospheric isotopes of Mars, you have to wonder instead how they got there.

The full 2 hours is on Coast to Coast AM which you'd need to pay for an account to listen to, but the 38 minute snippet is still good. 

8 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Well, since the theories interest you, I recommend that you listen to this one, a rather sobering one. I have yet to find anyone who can talk their way around what it really means.

Thanks! I am going to listen to this now. I was just looking for something interesting to watch or listen to and I just found it : D 

• Like 1

Too bad none of it is corroborated by anything we or the esa or isro has in orbit or on the surface, at least not by any of the people I've talked to at work.  Interesting alternate-reality stuff, but unfortunately without corroboration the casting of it as real messes up the enjoyment for people like me.  I guess we'll find out for sure when Musk and/or Bezos get there to stay.

I'd buy (as in pay for) it as an SF story otherwise though.  In fact I just enjoyed the book "Echoes of Earth" that had a similarly interesting storyline addressing the Fermi paradox issue (among other things).  That's what makes good SF fun to think about IMHO.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:58 AM, efaardvark said:

Too bad none of it is corroborated by anything we or the esa or isro has in orbit or on the surface, at least not by any of the people I've talked to at work.  Interesting alternate-reality stuff, but unfortunately without corroboration the casting of it as real messes up the enjoyment for people like me.  I guess we'll find out for sure when Musk and/or Bezos get there to stay.

I'd buy (as in pay for) it as an SF story otherwise though.  In fact I just enjoyed the book "Echoes of Earth" that had a similarly interesting storyline addressing the Fermi paradox issue (among other things).  That's what makes good SF fun to think about IMHO.

I think the only time we'll know the truth about Mars is when a private group goes there (if they aren't sabotaged in their efforts). There are just too many coincidences right now to tease out and I feel that the pictures that come out of Mars are selected for what they want us to see. 

As for the Fermi paradox, if you were advanced enough, would you chance generating signals that could be traced back home years later? And timing is everything. Anyone looking our way a thousand years ago (plus the time it took to reach them) would just get silence even though we were an intelligent form of life then. Then too, if the dinosaurs hadn't died out, we wouldn't have rose as the dominant species and I think the dinosaurs would not have ever built anything that could make signals...they would have needed a lot more evolution first, but what if we had been there looking back then? Would we have found anything? To me, the way people think of the paradox is as a "once you make a radio show, you never not make one." Wouldn't technology eventually improve past the need for that kind of archaic technology? Maybe they kill themselves with a nuclear winter before getting more advanced and they only had 80 years 'timeframe' by which you could pick up their signals. We would have to be in the right spot at the right time looking in the right direction to catch that.  I don't think the lack of intergalactic radio commercials really proves anything.

We're still in our infancy when it comes to technology.

• Friendly 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/22/2022 at 6:44 PM, Angell said:

I definitely don’t believe in this, but I’m happy to dress up in something like this, cool ideas can be seen here https://www.themasker.com/

idk Angle but isnt digging up a 2 year old thread just to make another shameless plug for your mask website going a little to far
have you run out of threads to post it on
and it seems thats all you come here for these days is to promote your website

Edited by Wodahs