Silliest belief you carried over into adulthood

Seshi

Riding in the car one day, my husband threw a banana peel out the window - with a look of shock on my face, I turned to him and said "why'd you do that! You're going to cause someone to spin out!"

This is just one of many examples of some of the weird beliefs we tend to carry over from childhood until someone steps in and gently  reminds us that this is earth, and whatever planet we came from can be left behind now. 😁

What are some of the ridiculous beliefs you have had as an adult?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

11 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Something I thought for a long time was that the US had 51 states. I think I saw it in a cartoon once, which probably was a joke but I thought there actually were 51 states. Someone from the US told me that there were only 50, though.

Uhhhhhh 😐

Someone told me that too in high school and have believed it up until this moment... damnit lol

That's okay. My husband used to believe that thunder storms were attracted to noise - so he had to be quiet whenever there was a thunder storm 😂 His moms quiet game mode was savage. He didn't question that until we were married lol

• Silly 1
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, Sasuke said:

I always thought driving with a light on in a car was illegal. I believed that for the longest time because my parents would never let me.

I used to think that too lolllll 

as a kid I also believed that you couldn't eat seeds like watermelon or they'd grow in you or make you sick. I didn't carry that into adulthood, but thats one of the silliest things I can remember thinking as a child. That and I thought kidney beans were made of kidneys :S

• Like 1
  • Funny 1