What movies make you nostalgic/feel good?

Sakura

The Hobbit (1977)

The Last Unicorn (1982)

The Sword in the Stone (1963)

The Wizard of Oz (1939) 
Mary Poppins (1964)
Charlotte’s Web (1973)

Lucas (1986)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

• 1 month later...

Childhood Nostalgia (man, Ohayotaku hit a lot of my favs XD)

The Hobbit/The Return of the King (Rankin & Bass)
The Lord of the Rings (Bakshi)
The Never Ending Story
Flight of Dragons
Faeries (this is incredibly hard to find, it's based on Brian Froud/Alan Lee/David Day--I think Day helped--book)
Wind in the Willows (animated)
Labyrinth
The Dark Crystal

Teens:
Up in Smoke
Wizards
Hair
Rocky Horror Picture Show (before everyone in college over watched it)
Easy Rider
Vampire Hunter D (both films)
Darkside Blues
Dark City
Ninja Scroll
Clerks (well, most of the Jay & Silent Bob, but Clerks in particular)
LOTR Trilogy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zila said:

The Dark Crystal is so much fun, great to see Dark City here too @Blue Dragon . 🤩👍

It's one of those movies I can watch countless times. 

Me, too! I loved it when I was young! I remember searching for a hard copy of it for a long time, and finally finding it at like a Game Stop in a neon green VHS case XD

Then finally it came out on DVD. I was stoked :3

5 hours ago, RZ. said:

The Dark Crystal is such a relaxing film for me. Especially when the Gelfling song plays.

There was so much thought put into the world, right down to the music! It's impressive how large of a world was created :D Such amazing work, and all hand made.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There are lots, but the first few that come to mind are mostly Ghibli.  Some classics like Totoro or Spirited Away.  Kiki's and Castle in the Sky and Whisper of the Heart are a few others that I've watched several times over the years.  Getting away from the "G" and in a more "nostalgic" vein there's stuff like Wizards that takes me back to my middle/high school days.  :D

The OG and Prequel Star Wars films alongside the first three Indie films are really nostalgic for me. Then there's the first two Terminators, Predator and a bunch of Arnold Schwarzenegger other films like Total Recall, Kindergarden Cop, Commando and that one were he's trying get the toy for his son on Christmas. 

No idea why his films are the epitome of my childhood movies. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Just curious if anyone’s tried to watch the Netflix series & what their thoughts are

Did you end up watching it? I started it a while back, but by the time the pandemic hit full force, having known where things were going, I got a little too depressed to finish it XD

I want to go back, because honestly the episodes I saw were good. I went into the show thinking it was going to be a crappy cash grab, but it was actually well thought out and I wanted to finish it (just didn't have it in me at the time).

Sorry for like...the stupidly delayed response. 2021 was a very...very bad year at our place (not getting into it, but lots of trips to the hospital, which was a place we wanted to avoid D:)

• Friendly 1

I actually haven’t watched it yet either, though it’s still on my PTW list. @Kreideprinz comments & yours definitely make me want to check it out.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, hope things gave at least improved somewhat. And good to hear from you after awhile.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is a good thread, I would say the "Home Alone" series...
Not the remakes, no - Home Alone 1-2 with Macaulay Culkin, THOSE are the ones that make me feel a good feeling. Mostly when Christmas rolls around, it's really nice to watch those two movies. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

The Bill And Ted movies, Glitter Force and Glitter Force Doki Doki, the Harry Potter movies and Frozen make me feel pretty nostalgic. When I was around 5-6 years old I would watch Frozen like 3 times a day everyday. I watched it so much that at some point my cousin (who was living with us at the time) had to hide the disc from me. I chased her and got it back tho.

Then I watched it again like 2 times :']

For me it's the Gerry Anderson series Stingray and Thunderbirds. A reminder of a time when life was simple and carefree and I my friends used to get on our bikes and cycle over to the local park

So I have aspergers and I latch on to movies, so there aren't many movies that don't make me feel nostalgic in some way.

But here are a few big ones for me:

Mrs. Doubtfire - Pretty sure the last movie my family watched together as a family, before my parents got divorced. .... I never really thought about it, but that is kind of Ironic... (When Mrs. Doubtfire flipped off Stu, I turned to my Dad, and I was 7 btw, and flipped him off. :o )

A Goofy Movie - In a rare move, someone bought me a movie for my birthday I didn't ask for. I had no interest in this. But I lived at my grandparents at the time after the divorce, and they had one of those GIANT 80s satellites... (Not this EXACTLY but basically...)

FTA Satellite Televison and Other Projects — Birdview Perforated Motorized  Dish

Anyway, the one they had MOVED to different "Galaxies", each one having 25 channels. Well one day it broke and wouldn't move anymore. So, reluctantly and bored, I went and watched A Goofy Movie... still one of my favorite movies to this day. So much deeper than what you'd think "A Goofy Movie" would be.

My mom ran a movie theater from late 95-mid 98. I spent a lot of time there, and watched tons of movies. I saw several movies early in the morning, before they were shown to the public, in the theater by myself, like Liar Liar. (Me and my brother spent the night there by ourselves watching Batman and Robin before anyone else... but I dunno how much I want to brag about Batman and Robin... ^^... though I did enjoy it as a 10 year old...)

But here are the two biggest nostalgia movies from that time. (I could name a LOT.)

Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery - Still one of my favorite movies, I loved watching this, and one night as we were closing the theater, me and my mom started talking about it, and her bf at the time who also worked there was like "I still haven't watched that..." And so we went back in and watched it by ourselves! :o

The Wedding Singer - Set aside this is my favorite movie, and by far my favorite Adam Sandler movie... Regardless of all that, this movie, set in 1985, got me SO OBSESSED with the 80s! A long lasting obsession that didn't even start to wear off until 04/05 (it came out in 98). The Wedding Singer had two soundtracks, and after loving them so much, I started buying random 80s mix tapes, watched another '80s movie', Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, got those soundtracks, started listening to 80s radio stations... and I still love 80s music to this day, I just don't sit and listen to it as often.

I could name a lot more, but that's enough for now, I think XD.

Edited by Takatofan1986

• 4 months later...

The movie Doom with Karl Urban and The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) is a big source of nostalgia for me. The dynamic of the brother and sister in the movie remind me of me and my big sis', how she'd do the same for me that the sister did for the brother in the movie. Alexander is also a source of nostalgia because I've always idolized Alexander the Great, ever since I was a kid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/25/2019 at 7:35 AM, Nono said:

Well, growing up in the '90s, there is way too many nostalgic inducing movies to name. But, for whatever reason, the first names that popped into my head were pretty much anything with sylvester stallone and arnold schwarzenegger. Especially ones like True Lies that also have that comedy factor. My dad used to watch them all the time and I guess it just reminds me of watching them with him. 

Way to provoke thought there @Asuna Yuki! Just typing this out kinda gave me the feels, lol(I think I used that right?).

As you keep thinking the same thoughts.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm I made this topic back in 2019, but my thoughts haven't changed much. Movies like Jurassic Park, The Mummy, The Goonies, and Stand By Me are still some of my top nostalgic films. I think I should have added Titanic though lol and Harry Potter because I've been watching a lot of Harry Potter recently and it's been giving me nostalgic feels.