Who is your favorite Madoka Magica character?

SanguineTear

Who is your favorite Madoka Magica character?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Madoka Magica character?

• Madoka Kaname
    • Homura Akemi
    • Mami Tomoe
    • Sayaka Mimi
    • Kyoko Sakura
    • Nagisa
    • Kyubey
    • Other

Normally I don't care for popularity polls and such, but why not? Who overall is your favorite Madoka Magica character, and why so?

This is going to be a shock, I know, but my favorite is Homura for a number of reasons. Between her fighting style, her looks, her personalities and the changes she went through (especially the final one), she really appealed to me overall.

:o I'm so shocked that I'm paralyzed with disbelief. I would have never guessed in a million years that your favorite Madoka Magica character was Homura Tear-kun! xP

My favorite is Mado----HOMURA!

Besides her beauty, I love that she cares so much about Madoka that she does everything in her power to prevent Madoka's seemingly inevitable fate. That's the best kind of friendship there is!

Sayaka. I think the way she was written was pretty clever. She's essentially a reversal of the stereotypical hero. If it had been any other anime she would have been the protagonist. What happened to her was a pretty cruel twist. She's also one of the more complex characters in my opinion. For example the whole thing with Kyosuke. She didn't necessarily want Kyosuke to be healed, she wanted to be the one to heal him so he would finally recognize her. Much in the same way that she doesn't just want her friends to be safe, she wanted to be the hero who protected them. It isn't until the end that she realizes everything she did was just for her own ego.

I like all of the characters, Sayaka just seemed really fleshed out and relatable though, even if she is terribly abused throughout the entire anime.

• Like 2

I was really upset with Sayaka's situation. She was a great character and my third favorite.

I'm glad she got redeemed in the third movie though. It was great what they did with Sayaka, and I don't really mind the movie 3 ending anymore as I did back then (used to think that Homura-brainwashing scene looked quite painful for Sayaka).

And yep, if you couldn't guess, my favorite's Sayaka. ;) I think it wasn't so much that she's a great character that made me like her (I mean, don't get me wrong, I still think she's a great character), but rather, I connected with her quite well. Her insecurities reflected mine. Her desire to do good... I'm sure many of us have gone through the same notion at one time or another. The tale of good intentions gone bad through foolish actions is an old adage that will last for all time, forever repeated by men. I think it was kinda cruel to expect the best of actions to come from a 15 year old girl, so I think, for a girl like her, she held out pretty well in the end.

Also MadoSaya ftw.

:P

XVWqs9X.png.81f1c5ba9cfe7a654fd8e00ad0972c51.png

Too bad I couldn't find the space-hug picture where Godoka was hugging Sayaka...

I honestly loved all of the characters because they're all kawaii and I can't decide one atm. Anyways, I actually like Madoka more since I see the cover of the anime in MyAnimeList and various pics in tumblr. I can't stand her kawaii and she's also an interesting character in the series.

2xcPJ.gif.05fbdc9d11dd777991bcb9cf17afb6f0.gif

Don't kill me through but when I watch the anime for the first time, I used to hate Homura but after Movie 3, then I became in love with her. I don't know why tbh. :^)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but it keeps popping up every few times I'm on the home page and it's getting annoying seeing it all the time. With that out of the way, I can honestly say I don't care for this anime enough to have a favorite character, though I guess if I had to pick one, I'd pick whichever girl it is who's constantly resetting things to try and get them right. She kind of reminds me of Noire from Hyperdimension and I've always liked characters like that.

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but it keeps popping up every few times I'm on the home page and it's getting annoying seeing it all the time.

Might be worth a thread in the feedback board, if it's something that is bothering you?

Might be worth a thread in the feedback board, if it's something that is bothering you?

It doesn't really bother me that much, even though I said I was annoyed, but it does feel like the forum is trying to get me to reply to threads about anime it's thinks I'll like, which is not always the case.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in love with Madoka Kaname. when I was using Puella Magi Madoka Magica as reference, I found myself getting excited and wanting to read it. And eventually that turned into love for her.

I like how kind and caring she is, but she is not a airhead. She cannot afford to be.

I also relate to her insecurity about her own worth.

She is adorable, and I think she is the cutest anime character when it comes to the anime.

I'm glad she got redeemed in the third movie though. It was great what they did with Sayaka, and I don't really mind the movie 3 ending anymore as I did back then (used to think that Homura-brainwashing scene looked quite painful for Sayaka).

And yep, if you couldn't guess, my favorite's Sayaka. ;) I think it wasn't so much that she's a great character that made me like her (I mean, don't get me wrong, I still think she's a great character), but rather, I connected with her quite well. Her insecurities reflected mine. Her desire to do good... I'm sure many of us have gone through the same notion at one time or another. The tale of good intentions gone bad through foolish actions is an old adage that will last for all time, forever repeated by men. I think it was kinda cruel to expect the best of actions to come from a 15 year old girl, so I think, for a girl like her, she held out pretty well in the end.

Also MadoSaya ftw.

:P

[ATTACH=full]28190[/ATTACH]

Too bad I couldn't find the space-hug picture where Godoka was hugging Sayaka...

Oh hey, you support SayaxMadoka too?

Now that neither Madoka nor Saya exists, that means they can be together, right? But...why can't Saya exist?

Oh hey, you support SayaxMadoka too?

Now that neither Madoka nor Saya exists, that means they can be together, right? But...why can't Saya exist?

Good question. Why don't Madoka or Saya exist? lol Sorry, I don't understand what you meant.

Good question. Why don't Madoka or Saya exist? lol Sorry, I don't understand what you meant.

At the end of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Madoka wishes to erase all witches from the past, present and future. But because she is the strongest Magical Girl, she would become a witch, but she cannot since she just wished for them to be erased. Something like that. Did you not see the ending?

• 2 weeks later...

According to the manga, this is the last thing Mami says to Homura:

"She's been written out via the rules of logic. We searched for hope, and before we can curse the world with the fate that results from that, we magical girls must vanish as well. You should know that yourself already."

So if escaping the bounds of existent and being removed from existent are one in the same, then they can be together! I think that would be a sweet ending!

But I feel bad for Homura, now she's all alone...

• 4 weeks later...

Checking back on this thread is kinda depressing. Not only is her last name spelled wrong in the poll, she only has a single vote, making her the least popular main character in the entire series. Sighyaka... Even after earning your redemption in Rebellion, you still can't catch a break.

Edited by Guest

Kyoko Sakura is, by a large margin, my favorite Madoka Magica character.

59e21770a71a3_Fight2.gif.45cf4d0355720dc0f98135a940adbd44.gif

She reminds me a lot of myself. At first glance, she's fiery, stubborn, and completely lacking in care for her fellow human beings. At second glance, it turns out that she's not that stubborn, the fiery nature is a front, and the lack of care is just a shield against further hurt. Also like her, I have a healthy sense of the munchies. Due to this, she's my fave. :angel:

Kyubey, because it makes everything sound nonchalant like if someone dies it be like oh she died.... she knew what she got herself into, now do you have a wish?

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
Checking back on this thread is kinda depressing. Not only is her last name spelled wrong in the poll, she only has a single vote, making her the least popular main character in the entire series. Sighyaka... Even after earning your redemption in Rebellion, you still can't catch a break.

Orius, you've helped me realize something, Saya wasn't that bad of a character. She and Madoka have a bit of a sweet relationship, with Madoka giving her emotional support, and she'll protect Madoka.

She's a bit overprotective of the people she cares about, which may has been the reason her sense of justice became distorted, but I can't blame her. Because I did understand what Mami was trying to tell her, but I simply didn't see what it mattered like she didn't.

I'm sure she would have become a better person, if Kyubey hadn't ruined her life...ruined everything...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic