Anime Merch

Seshi

A lot of my friends who are into anime also buy merch. They will get hats, or backpack, T-shirts.. all the good stuff that shows what they are about, and who they adore. I'm more of a closet nerd. I like to keep that to myself, when I'm meeting someone in person. SO, while I don't wear any anime T's or hats, or backpacks... I love me some plushies... Now this season of Fruits Basket has definitely made sure that I'll be buying their plushies, since it seems the 2nd ED has basically turned every character into an adorable little plushy character (just for me ^_^) 

Do you let your anime love shine for all to see? Or are you more of a secret admirer? ^_^

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1

I don't really wear any anime merch except the two times I've cosplayed. Aside from this, I have a few DVDs, magazines and a few figurines only. I did have Yugioh and Pokemon cards when I was younger if you count that, they are still in my closet somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Sasuke said:

I don't really wear any anime merch except the two times I've cosplayed. Aside from this, I have a few DVDs, magazines and a few figurines only. I did have Yugioh and Pokemon cards when I was younger if you count that, they are still in my closet somewhere.

I could have written this post. lol

I actually don't have any figures, but plushies, and in the past an anime body pillow... because I like to be comfy 😜 don't judge me 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I could have written this post. lol

I actually don't have any figures, but plushies, and in the past an anime body pillow... because I like to be comfy 😜 don't judge me 

I've never had a pillow since it seems kind of weird for me, it seems more like something a girl would have by that I mean like the cutesy stuff. I feel like my parents or friends would judge me very harshly if they caught me sleeping with something like that lol.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Sasuke said:

I've never had a pillow since it seems kind of weird for me, it seems more like something a girl would have by that I mean like the cutesy stuff. I feel like my parents or friends would judge me very harshly if they caught me sleeping with something like that lol.

I had this in my barracks room... I was probably judged harshly XD

• Funny 1

7 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I had this in my barracks room... I was probably judged harshly XD

Yeah I don't get very public with it. I mostly just discuss it or watch it online but I have enjoyed going to Cons over the years and getting involved with them.

• Like 2

I do have a lot of merch myself, I buy the Funco Pops and wall scrolls and I have a plushie collection too. I luvvvvvvvv plushies ^^

I like to buy the cute little buttons and magnets and things too. I have a lot of the Yu-Gi-Oh card collector boxs and tins, and mangas.

I have a few shirts like a DBZ shirt and an SAO shirt but those are the only 2 shirts I have and I mostly wear them at night as nighty clothes (:

I do also have a few cases, a pillow and a backpack. 

Most of the stuff I have though is stuff in my home, if you walked in my home you would definitely know I like anime, batman, flash, etc because I've decorated with things that I love but outside the home on a typical day the only anime related thing I'll have on me is my keychain for my house keys.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 2

In my room, I have a couple of wall scrolls, framed posters and figures.

When it comes to 'publicly showing' fandom stuff, I have a Touhou tote bag, Fate/Zero wallet, and my bags have a bunch of anime and Touhou straps and buttons on them.
Apart from some cosplay outfits, I don't really have 'anime clothes'. I don't think I'd be opposed to wearing such items though, I just like band shirts more in that regard 🤷‍♀️

On 7/22/2019 at 1:48 PM, Humbby said:

Though I did see someone wearing an Aot jacket yesterday which is quite rare here Atleast

It is quite rare here, yeah, outside of cons of course. The only time I saw a "visible" anime fan was at a concert, where someone wore a Neptunia shirt.

• Like 2
  • Cute (Kawaii) 1

I still have a bunch of yugioh cards and even some yu yu hakusho cards. If you were to walk into my room, you'd mainly see car parts/magazines. But I do have some anime dvds/manga/games. 

I own a AoT shirt that i think is f'n awesome(though I've never seen the show), I pretty much wore it all winter(it's long sleeve). And also a dbz shirt with shenron that I rarely wear. It's a little too colorful. I'd definitely like to buy more shirts, but don't know where to get them. Hot Topic and Spencers have had the same selection forever. That and I'm really picky. I prefer solid color t's with small logos, but usually anime shirts are the opposite.

Here is a quick sketch of a shirt I'd really like to find. Or maybe someone can make one and send it to me.😊

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

8 hours ago, Nono said:

I still have a bunch of yugioh cards and even some yu yu hakusho cards. If you were to walk into my room, you'd mainly see car parts/magazines. But I do have some anime dvds/manga/games. 

I used to be huge on collecting gaming cards, I loved the Pokemon cards, and getting new holographic ones was always exciting. It's been too long. I don't have them anymore (not on purpose) but whenever I see kids playing with the new pokemon cards today I'm always interested in teaching them something ^-^

1 hour ago, Kazuto Kirigaya said:

Today I came across a folder in my cupboard containing only Pikachu cards, there all mint condition, I completely forgot all about them, lmao

How fortunate. And what might you do with said cards?

On 7/21/2019 at 9:44 PM, Asuna Yuki said:

I do have a lot of merch myself, I buy the Funco Pops and wall scrolls and I have a plushie collection too. I luvvvvvvvv plushies ^^

I like to buy the cute little buttons and magnets and things too. I have a lot of the Yu-Gi-Oh card collector boxs and tins, and mangas.

I have a few shirts like a DBZ shirt and an SAO shirt but those are the only 2 shirts I have and I mostly wear them at night as nighty clothes 🙂

I do also have a few cases, a pillow and a backpack. 

Most of the stuff I have though is stuff in my home, if you walked in my home you would definitely know I like anime, batman, flash, etc because I've decorated with things that I love but outside the home on a typical day the only anime related thing I'll have on me is my keychain for my house keys.

yeah me too i love to collect all kinds of merch but beside a few t shirts most dont leave my room 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I used to wear anime merch (shirts, hoodies, etc.) around a lot (I had a Kurosawa Ruby bag that I wore around everywhere a few years ago), but nowadays I tend to keep it on the semi-low (besides a NGNL lanyard and a Kaguya-sama phone case)... except for in my own home. My room is filled with posters and wall scrolls and anime figurines and all that good stuff, and I'm pretty vocal and open about anime and manga on social media, so my interests are hardly a secret. Then again, I'm not extremely conscious or worried about my social status ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌. Being open about it tends to attract either a) friends that are tolerant of others' hobbies, or b) (more rarely) people who are interested in the same stuff as you. All works out, I think lol

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1