Would you date your dimensional opposite gender counterpart?

HakuUzumaki

On 7/22/2019 at 9:37 PM, HakuUzumaki said:

Would you date your dimensional opposite gender counterpart?

O___O'

Uh I'm not sure I could. That's a lot of baggage (assuming my opposite has the same problems I do). My opposite would also do everything I do, so she would purposely try to avoid me if she wasn't in the mood to talk. Although we would probably get along since we have the same number of things in common.

Wow. Major head scratcher here. I might have to rethink this question. I need time. 🤔

Edited by Crevanille
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinbaryu said:

She sounds like she'd a total b-word to deal with. At least we'd have similar interests.

I probably would.

I wouldn't say that. Just introverted to an extent is all. And a silent temper. Ooh. Man this really makes you self reflect huh?

For my part, still not sure. Good or Bad? Tis' the question.

Edited by Crevanille
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kinbaryu said:

@Crevanille Oops! I was describing my counterpart in my reply, not yours. I hope I didn't sound like I was saying anything rude, haha

Oh no. Your fine. I was just skeptic as to wither or not it would be a good idea to date our dimensional counterpart. 🤔

7 minutes ago, Kinbaryu said:

@Crevanille Better than being lonely. I'd be okay just staying as friends, though.

That's good too but could we really go as far as bf/gf? This question really asks you this: Would you date yourself? In that case it makes you self reflect on all the problems you do have and the pros of being with your dimensional counterpart. I'm not sure i could date myself. On the other hand, I know my counterpart intimately since she's literally a mirror of me so the possiblity is always in the air. It's strange.

• Like 1

No I wouldn't want anything to do with what his messed up relationship issues/trust issues and overall introvertedness would look like. To be honest even though we'd have so much in common we'd still probably hate each other lmao. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Informative 1

27 minutes ago, Kazuto Kirigaya said:

I definitely wouldn't date my dimensional opposite, just the thought of it is creeping me out, lmao.

I could understand why it be creepy. You know exactly what your dimensional self is like. Kinks, interests....thoughts?!?!

Jeez! I hadn't even considered how truly intimately I would know her. You've heard the saying right? Somethings are better NOT knowing. Well if I know something about myself I'd definitely know it about her. Being that close to myself...know what? No thanks. It's just too intimate. I'll take the friends instead. 😩

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crevanille said:

I could understand why it be creepy. You know exactly what your dimensional self is like. Kinks, interests....thoughts?!?!

Jeez! I hadn't even considered how truly intimately I would know her. You've heard the saying right? Somethings are better NOT knowing. Well if I know something about myself I'd definitely know it about her. Being that close to myself...know what? No thanks. It's just too intimate. I'll take the friends instead. 😩

Never thought about that side of it. That would be an even bigger hot mess that would probably result in a death 😂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That would probably wreck the fabric of spacetime.. or something.  I think I, er, we could get along, but even if that turns out to be the case, could the rest of the world tolerate two of me, er, us?  Together?  The whole idea seems fraught with Danger.  I'd certainly be curious, but remember what that did to the cat.  Probably best not to risk it.

• Like 1

Sure why not, anything to get my rocks off😂. jk

But seriously, I think yes. There's a bunch of stuff I'm into that other people aren't, so it might be cool to date someone with my interests. But then again it could also be super boring, there's that saying "opposites attract" for a reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nono said:

But then again it could also be super boring, there's that saying "opposites attract" for a reason. 

I had the same kind of sense.  I don't think it would be boring to date myself, but In general I'm looking for a partner in a potential date/mate, not necessarily a clone.  Personalities have to be compatible obviously, and having common interests certainly isn't bad, but ideally couples should also "fill the gaps" for each other in terms of things like skills.  Someone who can only do what I can do doesn't really help in that regard.  Anything "I" can't do "we" can't do either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No I would not. I could not date someone exactly like me. The reason we date and fall in love to begin with is we seek traits that we ourselves wish we had. So we compensate by falling in love with those in another person, and want to keep them around.  

• 9 months later...

Is it bad if I say I've thought about that a lot? I definitely would, but that's not the only kind of person I'd be interested in.

I think you would date people like yourself if you're seeking proof or validation of the kind of person you are, and you would date someone with qualities you lack if you KNOW you're unsatisfied with yourself and want to be better. Neither is bad, just depends what you want more.

• 2 years later...