Wedgy

Adulting 101: Hygiene Habits

So much good info here <3

The teeth! lol I always look at the people who don't rinse like I look at the people who go to the bathroom and don't wash their hands... Now I see there was a good reason for their seemingly distasteful behavior. Interesting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

So much good info here <3

The teeth! lol I always look at the people who don't rinse like I look at the people who go to the bathroom and don't wash their hands... Now I see there was a good reason for their seemingly distasteful behavior. Interesting!

I'm happy to hear I could help you change your mind there. 😊 I figured it would be a waste of time to state the obvious things and instead focused on nuances that can be missed or just misunderstood. There happen to be quite a few of those when it comes to teeth and having actually worked as a dental assistant for a couple of years I feel privileged to be able to share that. Thank you for reading, I wasn't sure how people would take a thread like this and was hesitant to post it for like, a week. Lol

• Like 1

I didn't know the teeth thing. I thought you were supposed to rinse your mouth out after you brush your teeth. Didn't know you should leave the toothpaste on it. Learned something new, thanks.

• Friendly 1

On 7/26/2019 at 10:34 PM, Sasuke said:

I didn't know the teeth thing. I thought you were supposed to rinse your mouth out after you brush your teeth. Didn't know you should leave the toothpaste on it. Learned something new, thanks.

Listerine it instead. I think listerine wasn't mentioned up there...

I think the next adulting topic should be on laundry. 

• Like 3

I fully support the laundry idea because I still have questions about this myself sometimes lol.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Well it's not necessarily about laundry but I do still have another topic in mind. If anyone here is a laundry guru, by all means write a little guide on what you know! Surely someone will find it helpful. I don't do anything remarkable with laundry, heck I barely sort it beyond who it belongs to. I can fold Kon Marie style. That's about the extent of my knowledge! 

Edited by Wedgy

One thing I thought of, in addition to this topic!

when you’re shaving, don’t press hard with the razor. Not only will pressing hard just create more irritation and risk cutting you, the razor actually works a lot better if it’s just lightly against the skin. 

Haha laundry is clever, but I’m the sort that just throws it all in and turns it on. I do have to pay attention to detergent though because my skin will get a rash if I change it. And I hang aaaaaallllll of our clothes to dry because we don’t have a dryer. 

yall should think about usin baking soda as mouthwash, for oral hygiene

its cheaper and it works amazing. its basic so it neutralizes acids, whitens your teeth, its anti-fungal, and kills bacteria

im using it to combat an infection thats spread to my throat that ive actually had for months now

also, dont forget to brush your tongue really well with the toothpaste while you brush your teeth, its important to brush your tongue to prevent getting infections like that 😥

• Like 1