If it’s for my daughter, I’d even Defeat a Demon Lord

Seshi

8846F192-D58D-4D7B-BA06-A0332242BA49.jpeg.30afddff31863a527e9390563963e9fa.jpeg

This super cute series has been a nice change of pace for me. I’m enjoying the characters personalities and the relatability of this premise to my life.

Initially, I thought “oh, this is just an adventuring series that made up an excuse to use a loli character”... But now I can see that it’s much more than those two things. It seems that the story line is solid, and the integration of the daughter as a character with potential and depth is more reason for me to take the series seriously. 

I’m enjoying this very much as someone with a daughter of my own, and some very cute and relatable moments have made me cherish our relationship while watching this anime. 

Anyone else watching?

=3

• Like 3
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Just finished the first episode. It was definitely cute, and I plan on watching some more. Felt to me like a much better version of Sword Saint.

With a set up like this, there doesn't even need to be a story. The daily antics of Dale and Latina could be entertaining enough, to be honest. Dragon Maid did it in a fantastic way, so I have no doubts it could be done again. If there is a story, though, then I don't mind.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

While episodes 1 & 2 are all cuteness and charm, it shows a darker side with episode 3. And episode 4 is a bit hard to watch at times (just so I don’t frighten anyone off with a misunderstanding, it has to deal with bullying and prejudice). While not totally unexpected it was still pretty jarring. Also, people familiar with the source material have been hinting at later developments I would not be OK with. I’m not putting too much stock in that since people said the same thing about Shield Hero, but something to be aware of.

Again, not trying to frighten anyone off as I am continuing to watch it for now & it could actually turn out to be a more substantive series than it appeared at first while still being heartwarming. Just don’t be lulled too much  by the tone of the first two eps. Definitely not going to be just cutesy fluff.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2

The characters in just that picture alone make me want to watch it lol. That looks adorably cute and I'm going to have to check this one out 💜

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Correct, this one doesn’t even appear to be an isekai and is completely unrelated. Demon Lord Retry is it’s own thing as well but has more similarities.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Correct, this one doesn’t even appear to be an isekai and is completely unrelated. Demon Lord Retry is it’s own thing as well but has more similarities.

Ok I'm happy to hear that.  I haven't watched "how to summon.." But I have seen that one infamous scene in the show and it made me not want to watch the series.

I'll give this one a chance then.

Edited by Fireduck
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

11 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Being so very close to my own daughter's debut I'd be a filthy liar if I said I haven't been eying this one with great interest. It's nice seeing the positive feedback, I'm interested in more feel-good anime and I was worried this one would get... well, weird. 

No promises, it could still get weird for all we know 😁

I’m going to catch back up on it later this week for sure though

• Agree 1

Episode 5 offered up plenty of the adorableness this show is known for. There are also some tense moments, but everything works out. The fact that the writers remain discreet about what could have happened gives me hope that overall the series will stay on the positive side of things while not shying away from the fact that the world can be a dangerous place. I see some metaphor in how

they contrast Latina having fun playing in the snow & Dale getting caught in s blizzard and commenting on how snow can actually be lethal in certain circumstances

This continues to be one of my favorite new series, hope it stays the course.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

So Latina shows she can already be helpful on an expedition, though I imagine the regulars at the inn miss her. And can’t help but think Dale has some “history” with the elf girl he runs into in town.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very disappointing.  

While it hasn’t crossed the line yet, the past 2 weeks have seen it walk steadily towards it to the point where I’m setting this series aside. If I see comments/reviews indicating that I’m wrong about the turn it’s going to take I’ll give it another chance, but pretty sure it’s not someplace I’m willing to follow. 

• Sad 1