what going to happen to the shows at kyoani?

kageokuma

After hear about the horrible tragedy at kyoani i wondering what going to happen to the shows like kobayashi dragon maid season 2 all upcoming anime. This is horrible tragedy and a huge blow to our community i loved so many of their shows and movies and i hope they can recover from this terrible loss

• Like 3

I'm not sure I haven't heard anything relating to their work. I would imagine they will keep up with shows somehow though if I had to guess. I don't think they will let this one crazy person stop them from progressing forwards.

• Like 1

The director of Dragon Maid S1, Lucky Star (post-Yamakan), Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hyouka and more, has been confirmed dead by his family.
As far as I know, two other KyoAni staff members have been confirmed dead by family, Sachie Tsuda and Naomi Ishida. Sachie did animation, painiting and special effects for KyoAni. Naomi was colouring lead for Hyouka and Haruhi.

It seems staff from studio 1, where the fire occurred, have returned to work   . Which is incredibly fast, after such a tragedy.

Mr. Hatta, president of KyoAni, has made two official statements, as far as I know:
- Demolishing the ruined building, and making a park in its place, with a memorial.
- A thanks to (international) fans, and that he wants to continue to deliver animation that inspires, fosters dreams and hopes.
A slightly different translation of part of Mr. Hatta's statement was made on reddit, which might make the last paragraph a bit clearer

News directly regarding their works:
The Violet Evergarden movie isn't being delayed, according to a tweet. The account is now private, though.
The main server looks externally unscathed. Not known yet if the insides are fine.

I'm not sure if there's more, other than the fundraiser, and KyoAni accepting direct donations through a bank account.

They have to take their time, to mourn, recover and get into a rhythm again. We might not see anything new by them for a while, which is perfectly understandable/

Under The Scope (anime youtuber), made a video about KyoAni after the fire. I though it was beautiful, might be worth a watch.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kageokuma said:

After hear about the horrible tragedy at kyoani i wondering what going to happen to the shows like kobayashi dragon maid season 2 all upcoming anime. This is horrible tragedy and a huge blow to our community i loved so many of their shows and movies and i hope they can recover from this terrible loss

Fire Force, one of their currently airing series, schedule was modified this past week, but is now going to be back on track. Today they will be releasing a special episode with the flames in a modified color, and narration to go along with this special edition of episode 3. 

Source:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-26/fire-force-3rd-episode-modified-after-kyoto-animation-fire/.149362

• Like 2

@Seshi Actually, David Productions (the studio that remastered JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Captain Tsubasa) is doing Fire Force. They're redoing the animation out of courtesy for Kyoto Animations. Other than that, you're right.

Edited by Kinbaryu
  • Friendly 1

45 minutes ago, Kinbaryu said:

@Seshi Actually, David Productions (the studio that remastered JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Captain Tsubasa) is doing Fire Force. They're redoing the animation out of courtesy for Kyoto Animations. Other than that, you're right.

Oh, why did I think that was KyoAni??  I guess everyone in the industry is being considerate. I'm glad to see that

48 minutes ago, Humbby said:

Since their work at studio 1 has been destroyed its probably save to say that some of the upcoming shows / movies are going to get delayed.

From what I've read, they are moving forward remarkably smoothly.

• Like 1
  • Optimistic 1

It all depends on what was destroyed and what can be saved. I haven’t heard much of anything due to my hectic schedule, but I’m more worried about the people than the work. Everything can be redone, but people can’t. That being said, if they do manage to bounce back from this like others have been saying they’re currently doing, it’s still going to hit differently.

The shows and movies will come back, they just won’t be 100 percent the same. From my experience with Japan, they have extremely hardworking people there that will do anything to get the job done. I have faith in them, I just hope they’re taking proper care of themselves after this.

Edit: I saw that apparently the server that stored most of their data survived, but there was still a ton of stuff that burned, probably anything drawn, or anything on the second floor in general.

Edited by LostEnoki