The Harmony of our Hearts

Seshi

Introduction: This is the story of how our hearts intertwine, a "first love" story.

Thinking back... It’s been 1 year since that time… Kagura looked across the schoolyard to her senpai, sitting alone under the cherry blossom tree.. I can tell, because this was the first day the cherry blossoms started to fall. Carrying all of her coursebooks and heading forward, she began to feel tired, though she sped up- trying to catch Sofia before she left for her next class. “Sofia” she cried, her voice not carrying as far as shed like.. and noticing a weight on her chest, she began to fall to the soft grass.

The next thing she knew it was sunset, opening her eyes there were her friends. A lot of faces she’d loved, along with her senpai beaming down at her. Sofia wanted to scold her, she could tell. She couldn’t bring herself to make eye contact with Sofia… Her eyes alone spoke volumes. My accident... She thought, and how her best friend was still unable to speak. "I know" were the only words she would say to them that evening.

Just then, the nurse walked into the room. ‘You fainted” she told her, “you should take it easy and not try carrying all of those books at one time. You know that you aren’t up to full health”. At that time, the room had gone silent, for outside, across the large glass door passed a boy with mysteriously light hair. The other boys at the school weren't like him at all, in Kaguras opinion. He seemed so much taller, yet gentle... a kind aura that drew everyone in the room to his presence. But that could have simply been her imagination.

Your Turn:

Choose one of these characters set up in the story, name a character with no name, or choose one who has a name already. 

@Nova is the brainchild for this RP. She gets first pick.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 3

Kagura :46805.jpg.e23a04938ee49f1377cb1ea28d238687.jpg.aef9e3e77e0d3565be546a8fe1141570.jpg

Hobby:likes to collect cat items

Personality:Simple,Sweet Girl

Dislikes:Spicy Food

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I’ll assume the role of Sofia. There can be many MCs who are our friends in this story.

Write your own in! Or take up the part of the mysterious boy.

Sofia:

Sofia.gif.4a3e39843f7a78696afdb79809a29cd6.gif

Age 15. 

Likes: Books, Ramen, Chocolate, Tea, Sports (though hasn't chosen a club this year)

Dislikes: Loud noise, death

Update:

If everyone could please update their initial post with more about their character, that would be great. Doesnt have to be a lot. Whatever you want to add is fine! We can add as we go along in the story. There are some things that are nice to have as background knowledge though. So the more you add, the more we can do off hand.

• Like 2

"Oi Kagura, are you alright?" My character would ask, worriedly. He's relieved once he sees that Kagura is awake. 

My character, Marshall, (or Marsh) leans back and sheepishly scratches his head.

"Don't fall too far behind, okay?"

What a mess, thought Sofia, tears welling up in her eyes as she turns to go.

It was she who carried Kagura to the infirmary, yet she was already done hanging around this depressing place. She walks out of the room, heading for the train station. Walking alone in the sunset has a certain way about clearing your mind, she thought, feeling herself calm down again.. 

"Now's probably a bad time, but..." Marshall hands a notebook to Kagura. "Here are my notes for the classes you've missed today. Sorry if my handwriting sucks."

After a moment, Marsh would then ask, "Is Sofia okay? You guys have been friends for a while."

Sofia boards the train, realizing that no one she normally rides with is on board. Hmm.. She thought, it's so different this time of day.

She'd barely gotten settled in when a group of kids barge in from the next train car. 

They seem to be arguing among themselves, then stop toiling when they notice her, a schoolgirl with long blond hair, standing by the window. "Now, now... Whats this pretty little schoolgirl doing out so late... Says one short guy, his ghastly appearance made Sofia not want to be near him. "And all alone?" Says another. She turns to brush them off, as if not hearing them.

Not having it, the boys edge closer, making a beeline for her from across the train car. It was then that she noticed, she wasn't entirely alone there after all. There was another boy, from her school. He had his head buried in a book until now.

He stood up, making himself taller, and advanced toward the window, standing between her and the crowd.  Sofia couldn't say a word. She was amused by this boy, his handsome face and stunning eyes. She didn't mind this at all. The group of boys scoffed "yea, whatever" and left the two alone, heading to harass the people in the next train car, with perhaps an easier target.

As the group walked on, Sofia noticed that she hadn't moved at all from the position she was in. This boy who stepped in front of her, and she, still standing by the window. Their gazes locked, and then turned away again. Deciding that it was time to go on.

It was his stop next, he took off, standing by the road, then disappeared into the night, and the next thing she knew, she was home too.

• Like 2

The next school morning, Marsh approaches Sofia with some fliers.

"I know things are kind of complicated right now, but have you thought about joining a club? I thought it might be fun with Kagura."

Inside are advertisements for the Chess Club, Literature Club and Photography Club.

"I tried to pick out activities that weren't too intense. Oh, and I still need to get my notes back before Calculus, too."

Sofia looks at Kagura, thinking she’s probably going to be interested in joining a club, but she herself was more of a sports person... Not only that, she didn’t feel up to the commitment at this time.

She just nodded and turned back to look at the book she was studying, picking at what was left of her lunch.

Kagura handed back the note she got from Marsh "thank you for lending me your notes from class."

"Sofia i might join a club this time you know it might be fun." Kagura tells Sofia .

Sofia smiles back at Kagura, feeling happy that she has decided she wants to join a club. 

Just as the school bell rang, the fliers brought back to Sofia that she had a group performance coming up for the cultural festival... More anxiety. 

Sofia sped up, having to go to the upper deck means it takes longer to get to than the lower classmens rooms. She had to leave immediately, so she turned to wave goodbye to Kagura and Marsh, who lagged behind.

I can’t wait to go home, so I can message my classmates, Sofia thought. I wonder what everyone else is doing for the cultural festival? There must be some way I can get around this musical performance... Maybe I can stand in the back, and lip sync... or play the drum. I hope the roster isn’t already full! I forgot to sign up, she frowned, going faster now, up the stairs along the way, trying not to focus too much on the worries or what ifs. But what if he is in the audience... wouldn’t I want to do something cooler than play a drum. 

• Like 1

Haru and Momiji:

Age 15. Haru is the older twin.

Haru loves a good book; while Momiji loves swimming

Dislikes: People who don't get their jokes, olives, and being separated.

Every romantic story needs some side characters to keep the story bright. :D

The-Twins-ouran-high-school-host-club-18870386-400-300.jpg

--------------------------------------

Haru and Momiji quietly come behind Marshal and Kagura link their arms with their classmates (Haru with Marsh and Momiji with Kagura).

"Hello little doves." Haru teases as the twins start marching their newest prey towards their classroom.

"What have we here? Clubs? Are you two going to join the same club?" Momiji says as he notices the flyers.

"Momiji, should we join a club with them too?" Haru asks

"I would join any club that you're in, Haru. Besides someone needs to keep an eye on these two." Momiji winks suggestively at Marsh and Kagura.

"Did we just see Sofia running off?" Haru asks as he looks at Marsh. "Sofia too? Better be careful Marsh, we might steal both of these lovely ladies right out from under your nose" 

Momiji looks at Haru indignantly. "Haru! You said I'm the only one for you!" 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 2

Getting flustered, Marshall averts his eyes.

"T-there's nothing between us. Right, Kagura?"

He takes another glance at the fliers.

"Besides, I don't know if I'll join a new club this time around. I might stay in the Chess Club with my sister."

Then, Marshall squints his eyes at the twins, hoping that they wouldn't ruin the mood of that quiet little club.

Edited by Musuko
  • Funny 1

Before she gets to the top of the stairs Sofia sends out a group text to Kagi, Marsh & the twins: “you guys!! Cultural festival coming up 😱😩🏃‍♀️“ then resides herself to entering the classroom. Busy checking her phone for messages before taking the top step, she bumps into somebody because her eyes were somewhere else...

Kagura answer Marsh "where just good friends after all" after that she checks her phone see a message from Sofia and replies back to it.

"I know Sofia i'm excited for it and my class will do a cat cafe theme one".

• Like 2

The twins smile wickedly at their flustered friends as they settle into the back of the classroom.

Haru messages the group, "I'm excited too, Momiji looks great in a maid's uniform. 😘"

Momiji messages also, "I can't wait to see Kagura with cat ears, ehhhh..... Sofia, I heard you're doing a concert. Are you going to sing?"

Haru: "You'll be great! Hey Sofia, what club are you joining? Momiji and I are thinking cooking or chess 🤔"

As the twins began contemplating their next move, the clearly-knows-their-game teacher promptly confiscates their phone, promising to return it at the end of class.

Both twins boo the teacher.

Edited by Endynyp
  • Like 1
  • Cute (Kawaii) 1

Feeling like a clutz, Sofia begins to stand, shaken trying to see who she'd just tripped over. The boy was an upperclassman, who apologetically rushed off to join his two friends standing round the other side of the stair case... One of them had a familiar air about him, they seemed to be carrying the same bags around. Precariously placed soccer uniforms protruding from the too small satchels. In a rush, Sofia realized that she was still running late for class... and inside she stumbled. Still feeling sick from the realization that she was going to be doing a concert all too soon. Ugh... Cant this just be over already. 

The classes were always the same... Some math, science, and mundane literature, she'd sit back and pretend not to notice the teachers eyes on her, not willing to be called on... But then when it came to home economics... She could finally breathe a sigh of relief. Home ec was a mixed class, where she'd meet all of her friends around the table once again for a delightful bout of cooking. Once there, it was their last class of the day, she'd normally get to walk home with Kagura. It felt good to have these friends.

Class began:

A short, plump woman headed this class. Her name was Mrs. Yami, she spoke in a tender voice, but we all knew she could become loud and in charge should she need to. "This week, to go along with our Green Tea Appreciation theme, we will be making tea cookies. Please take some time with your classmates, and determine which types of cookies you would like to make for today's project".

• Awesome (Sugoi) 3

Thinking that any type of cookie her friends wanted would be fine, Sofia decided to prepare the tea.

The class tea sets were nice enough, and since this was green tea appreciation week, she’d had plenty of practice getting the brewing time just right for her friends to enjoy. She went over a small tea ceremony before serving the tea in small cups to each of her friends in the group, letting them glimpse a piece of her heart in her smile as she poured out the tea for them. 

Both of the twins were struck momentarily speechless at the kindness and elegance with which Sofia served the tea.

"Wooooow" They say in unison. "How did you get so good at this?" Haru asks with wide eyes.

Momiji, having come to his senses faster than his twin, winks at Kagura and says, "Sooo I guess we're going to have to make the best sandwich cookies we can, huh?"

Haru jumps up and grabs the biggest mixing bowl on the counter, and dumps the flour into the bowl, disregarding cleanliness, measurements, or the disapproving stares of his friends. 

Momiji is still shaking from laughter even as he watches Mrs. Yami rush over with the broom. "We.. ha ha.. had .. better.. *giggle" let Kagura.. and Sofia.. help.. us" Momiji titters while the confused Haru tries to shake free of his newly acquired coating of flour. 

Edited by Endynyp
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

“Hahaha” Sofia couldn’t help but let out a soft laugh, clutching her stomach and bending over at the sight of Haru and Momiji, a tear rolling down her left cheek. Her laughter was weak, not having practiced the art in over a year. It felt... good. A smile beamed over her face, eyes closed and cheeks blushing over with the feeling of gratitude towards her friends.

It doesn’t matter if we have the best cookies. We have something better right here. She continued on in this happy state for the remainder of the class.

Everyone pitched in to make the sandwich cookies... once they were mixed, they went into the oven. Sofia and the others sat back and rested for the remaining class period. Listening to some of the idle chatter or tidbits the teacher, Mrs. Yami would offer. “And this way, creaming the butter and sugar first, is the proper mixing technique for a perfect cookie. You’ll surely never be disappointed if you can remember these simple steps. Well, all of that.. plus remembering not to over bake them”, she went on, oblivious to whether or not her students were paying her any mind. It didn’t much matter to them, as their cookies were nearly done.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 2