It's Shark Week~!

Sakura

spacer.png

ybKQ2jp.jpg

Shark week on Discovery Channel just started at 8 PM EST.

Does anyone else enjoy watching this and learning about sharks every year?

spacer.png

I personally love this week. I first watched this when I was 8? I believe if I remember correctly. It seemed to always fall on the exact week my family would visit our beach home for vacation. So we would be out swimming in the ocean and then come in at night and watch all these programs on the sharks that were right outside in the water we were just in lol. 

It made me extremely interested in sharks and ocean life in general though at a young age and inspired a huge part of my life with wanting to get involved in Marine Biology, researching sharks and wanting to help in any way I could for shark conservation.

It will be airing on Discovery Channel all week from now until next Sunday. The new programs are on the schedule below, though shark programs will be airing 24/7 around the clock on the channel and you can learn a lot about these fascinating beasties 💜

spacer.png

They have some very educational programs which I find a little more interesting than the celebrity shows like Shark Week With Shaq and Shark Trip but overall I think they are all amazing, I enjoy the humor of it, and I think it's a great way to get people motivated and educated about shark conversation and the dangers these creatures face.

Enjoy Shark week if you plan to watch it!

• Like 2
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I don't have any cable programming, but I do have Netflix and Prime.. Maybe it will be on there too! This is exciting. I love learning about sharks, though I have not seen the discovery channels Shark Week. They have so many good videos of theirs up online anyway, I could probably find it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I don't have any cable programming, but I do have Netflix and Prime.. Maybe it will be on there too! This is exciting. I love learning about sharks, though I have not seen the discovery channels Shark Week. They have so many good videos of theirs up online anyway, I could probably find it.

You can probably find it on their website. I know if you visit their Facebook page "Shark Week" they have a lot of information up there too. I just love anything shark related and this is one of my favorite Summertime traditions to watch ^^

• Like 2

For anyone that may be interested, they are also giving away a free Shark Diving trip every single night this week and you are eligible to win by tweeting #SharkAfterDark #Sweepstakes in your tweets 💜

• Like 1

I'm not the biggest shark fan, but I'll be tuning in. I enjoy any animal/wilderness shows. I don't much care for the celebrity shows, I just want to see sharks being sharks. Plus my regular monday night discovery lineup has been put on hold, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nono said:

I'm not the biggest shark fan, but I'll be tuning in. I enjoy any animal/wilderness shows. I don't much care for the celebrity shows, I just want to see sharks being sharks. Plus my regular monday night discovery lineup has been put on hold, lol.

I enjoy a lot of these animal and wilderness shows too. Shark Week is one in particular I look forward to since it's a re-occuring thing every year ^^ The celebrity part doesn't interest me much, I'm pretty sure they just do that for views but the programming is mostly interesting and overall pretty educational. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yup, I wonder why natgeo and discovery have gotten away from this? I really liked when they would show their "wild" programming on a more regular basis. Natgeo Explorer was the bees knees!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nono said:

Yup, I wonder why natgeo and discovery have gotten away from this? I really liked when they would show their "wild" programming on a more regular basis. Natgeo Explorer was the bees knees!

Yeah I honestly don't watch too much of Discovery or NatGeo anymore. Shark Week is almost about it. Other channels seem to have better programming these days. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Update if you find it anywhere? I also don't have cable programming. 

4 hours ago, Seshi said:

I'll try and find it this week. 

You can watch it at:

https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/full-episodes/extinct-or-alive-the-lost-shark

If you scroll down you'll see "AVAILABLE FULL EPISODES" and you can watch the new shows for free I believe as they come out - I wasn't signed into my TV account while trying this - They currently have the new episodes that aired yesterday on there.

There's some more additional programming at:

https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/

You can also watch it on:

• Hulu Live TV.
  • YouTube TV - apparently viewers watching Shark Week on YouTube will be receiving a special Shark Week Easter egg show 😮 
  • Playstation Vue - Which is currently offering a 5 day free trial.
  • Philo - Has the cheapest subscription cost and Discovery is in its line-up.
  • Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1