What anime is better when you watch it with others?

Seshi

There are obviously some anime that you don’t want to share with others.. maybe the guilty pleasure Anime that you don’t want people to know you watch, or the ones you don’t think everyone else will be interested in.. maybe they are too normal, like SOL anime, or maybe too weird O-o I have to believe that the weird ones are actually a little more fun to watch with others.

I’ve seen some posts around here and there talking about what anime you’d recommend to someone who isn’t into anime, or what a first timer should watch.. Well I’d recommend something cute, or something silly, or even just something weird. I think it doesn’t have to be the GOAT. It just has to be different and interesting. After all, they can form their own preferences once they see that they are interested in this very unique and interesting medium.

So far... I’ve watched Helpful Fox Senko San with my mom (who usually scoffs and walks out of the room saying 😑 oh you’re watching anime). And good for her, she knows what anime is 👍 But last night we actually watched a couple of these cute and weird episodes of Helpful fox, and I gotta say I enjoyed them a lot more with company. The silliness enabled me to make jokes during the show and we were able to laugh together over the weird pervy moments, instead of just watching it feeling slightly weird for watching something so weird hahaha. 

What do you guys think? What anime do you enjoy more with others?

If you haven’t actually tried sharing anime with anyone in your family or with your normie friends, I’d encourage you to give it a shot, they might just enjoy it, and make your time watching anime that much more enjoyable.

Only a few people in my immediate family like anime. For the others, I usually pick something they’d like if it were a random show or movie. So far, The Promised Neverland and Kids on the Slope were the best to watch. There’s also Naruto, A Silent Voice, and 1 star rated anime are always fun to make fun of with other people.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LostEnoki said:

There’s also Naruto, A Silent Voice, and 1 star rated anime are always fun to make fun of with other people.

Ohh 1 star anime huh. I’ve never even looked for those 😁 you know any titles off hand?

Just now, Seshi said:

Ohh 1 star anime huh. I’ve never even looked for those 😁 you know any titles off hand?

Dark Cat, Vampire Holmes, Skelter Heaven, Destruction of Mars, Ghost Stories, Pupa, and Super Child are a few. I will warn that some of them are on the more mature content side 😄

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

The first anime I watched with my mom was Inuyasha lol. She didn't watch ALL of it but she made an effort to watch it with me and genuinely seemed to enjoy the show and even knew who the characters were. So I think that would be an anime I would watch with someone, also either Peacemaker or Kenshin because those are also animes I've watched with someone. 

• Like 2

I find Jojo to be most enjoyable when watching it with friends. I mostly like rom-com anime, but I think those are more enjoyable when watched alone (at least for me, so I'm not worrying about if the other person/people find the show weird the whole time lol). Shounen anime like Jojo are a lot more fun with friends because of the action and the outrageous scenes you can laugh at together 

• Like 1

I don't really watch anime shows with friends, unfortunately. The closest to that I've done is I've watched a few different things with my brother such as Bleach and One Piece. I don't mind watching those with him but I typically watch it alone.
I have watched anime movies with someone before, such as the Samurai X movies, and that was enjoyable.

• Like 1