Hi! Newbie here

Lucky Bolt

Hello. I’m a long-time pegasister who’d like to get into anime as well. I’m totally new to the anime scene but thought this would be a good place to get a good head start in this fandom. Everyone tells me I should start with evangelion? Idk do you guys have any anime suggestions for someone new to the fandom?  

As for a little about myself....I’m a college student currently residing in the sunny state of Florida, USA. I love animals so I am pursuing a career in veterinary medicine. I also love music, music producing, voice acting, and am an aspiring backyard mechanic. 

Don’t know if you guys heard about a place called MLP Forums. I’ve been a member there since 2016 am now a sectional moderator on that forum. 

Anywho...nice to meet y’all and I can’t wait to get started in anime! :D

• Like 4

Welcome 😁

While I haven’t been as big a fan of MLPFIM from season 5 on, I continue to watch it.

As far as anime goes, my advice would be to start with something a bit more ... mellow than Evangelion. Some personal recommendations would be Magic Knight Rayearth, Little Witch Academia, Cardcaptor Sakura, Yuru Camp, K-on!, Azumanga Daioh, My Roommate is a Cat (especially since you like animals), Flying Witch,  & Fruits Basket (the 2019 version is really good). There’s also Umamusume Derby if you’re curious about the Japanese version of horse girls. For more action oriented series try My Hero Academia and Fullmetal Alchemist (both versions of FMA are good but I prefer Brotherhood personally).

Hope you enjoy it here.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

Hi, since you brought it up, what's a pegasister? Seems like a mix of pegasus and sister.

I just recently finished Neon Genesis Evangelion because it was so hyped. Well, it's 'interesting' and I don't have anything specific to rant about (maybe why the heck they released two endings which basically were the same). Even though I think it's a really decent anime and probably a classic, in my opinion people hype it a bit too much. There's a lot of religious symbolism which if you get makes it a lot better, but you don't have to get it to watch it.

There are so many titles out there, that it's difficult to randomly suggest some. I'd definitely second Ohiotaku's list. Something you might really enjoy is Silver Spoon (only in Japanese with English subtitles though). It's more or less about students at an agricultural school (includes several things having to do with animals).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Hi, since you brought it up, what's a pegasister? Seems like a mix of pegasus and sister.

A female fan of My Little Pony 

And thank you everyone for the recommends! A friend of mine recommended me a whole slew of good anime to start with as well. I can’t wait to get to know all of you! 😊

• Like 2
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

@Lucky Bolt just curious if you watch any other “cartoons”. Netflix just put up some new episodes of Miraculous Ladybug & CN is supposed to have the Steven Universe “Movie” on Sept. 2nd

Hello and welcome to the forum @Lucky Bolt This would be a good place to catch up on anime and everyone in the forum is pretty great so you should have no trouble making friends/getting recommendations ^^ I'd suggest Kenshin and Peacemaker because those are my two favorite. Or Sword Art Online. 

Anywho, hope to see you around and enjoy your time on the forums ^^ 

• Like 1

Hi there and welcome. Evangelion Is a good anime to start with. Maybe try Death Note or DragonBall Z if you are starting out watching anime? Those were some of the first I enjoyed but you can probably gather a lot more ideas around the forums or on MyAnimeList.

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1