Let's be friends!

FreshPairOfEyes

Hi, welcome to our community, it’s nice to see your enthusiasm 😊

I know we are a very diverse people here, so your views on “unique” anime will certainly be welcomed. I do believe school romance is quite likable by most though 👌

My favorite anime genre is Fantasy, shounen. I also love sports anime, martial arts anime, and school/ SOL anime.

My all time favorite manga is Claymore, but I really enjoyed reading Gravitation a long time ago.

Well, see ya round the forums.

Hi, Welcome to AF! I would have to say my favorite types of anime would have to be

Action
Adventure
Comedy
Drama
Fantasy
Game
Magic
Military
Music
Mystery
Romance
Sci-Fi
School

My favorite manga would be Fairy tail: 100 year quest. Hope you enjoy your time here 😁

• Like 1

Welcome glad you found your way here 😁

From your intro sounds like most anime fans you’ve encountered were focused on shonen titles. People around here seem pretty varied in their interests and backgrounds and are friendly so you should be able to participate just fine.

I’m pretty varied in my own tastes when it comes to anime (love how streaming lets me explore different genres). In general I’m not a big fan of school drama or serious romance series, but I do enjoy a number of romcoms and school slice of life series. Some examples would be: ReLIFE, Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun, Kaguya-sama Love is War, Recovery of an MMO Junkie, Yuru Camp, Azumanga Daioh, & School Rumble.

To be honest their haven’t been that many manga I stayed with for very long. The exceptions being: Battle Angel Alita, Oh My Goddess, Chibi Vampire & XXXholic (despite the title, that one isn’t hentai :P)

Anyway, welcome to our little haven, hope you like it here.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

15 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Welcome glad you found your way here 😁

From your intro sounds like most anime fans you’ve encountered were focused on shonen titles. People around here seem pretty varied in their interests and backgrounds and are friendly so you should be able to participate just fine.

I’m pretty varied in my own tastes when it comes to anime (love how streaming lets me explore different genres). In general I’m not a big fan of school drama or serious romance series, but I do enjoy a number of romcoms and school slice of life series. Some examples would be: ReLIFE, Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun, Kaguya-sama Love is War, Recovery of an MMO Junkie, Yuru Camp, Azumanga Daioh, & School Rumble.

To be honest their haven’t been that many manga I stayed with for very long. The exceptions being: Battle Angel Alita, Oh My Goddess, Chibi Vampire & XXXholic (despite the title, that one isn’t hentai :P)

Anyway, welcome to our little haven, hope you like it here.

Thank you for all the recommendations, I will for sure watch some  of them. Anime requieres a lot of time, haha :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Hiya and im willing to be your friend ,i love romance genre in anime and welcome here to af I'm Nova the ghostly potato

Hi, Nova,

The first time I think I did not answered correctly to your post so thank you for your welcome :P It would be cool if you would talk me around trough all what I can do on this website. Can we chat only here? What is the main purpose of this AF? 

38 minutes ago, FreshPairOfEyes said:

Thank you for all the recommendations, I will for sure watch some  of them. Anime requieres a lot of time, haha :P 

Too true. Take your time, there’s plenty to enjoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshPairOfEyes said:

Hi, Nova,

The first time I think I did not answered correctly to your post so thank you for your welcome :P It would be cool if you would talk me around trough all what I can do on this website. Can we chat only here? What is the main purpose of this AF? 

We talk about anime/manga and other things we also roleplay,do forum games and we mostly chat at wicked neko thread sometimes ,just explore and post you will like it here

• Like 1

Hello!

As others have said, the community here has varied tastes, no need to feel shy or whatever.
My favourite types of anime are slice of life / comedy and iyashikei. Haven't read a lot of manga yet, but I love Higurashi's one.

Hope you have fun around here!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dirudiru said:

Hello!

As others have said, the community here has varied tastes, no need to feel shy or whatever.
My favourite types of anime are slice of life / comedy and iyashikei. Haven't read a lot of manga yet, but I love Higurashi's one.

Hope you have fun around here!

Thank you for your kindness and support! I love these types of anime too!

31 minutes ago, Glitter Spring said:

welcome to the forum. hope you have fun here. The stars will lie with you.350013071_maxresdefault-8(3).jpg.f07a5ce259fb5573fffbfe93df3b6677.jpg

AH!KAWAII! Thank you for your welcoming <3

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Hi, maybe you will find these useful.

If you quote someone (like you did) or if you write  @FreshPairOfEyes they will get a notification that you mentioned them. You just have to write the "@" symbol and then the beginning of the name and you can pick it (works most of the time).

Something else that I found useful is the "Unread Content" button in the upper right corner. This shows you posts on threads you haven't seen.

If you want to message people you can also directly write them a DM by going to their profile and then the "Message" button. Otherwise, like others have said you can just reply to people in threads like this or in Wicked's chat corner, or write on their profile as a status update.
After a few posts you will be able to edit your posts by pressing the edit button.

I think that's all of the useful things I can think of right now :) Oh yeah, you earn points by posting and opening threads. You can use those to do certain things such as changing your username or pin a topic.

Edited by Illusion of Terra

43 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Hi, maybe you will find these useful.

If you quote someone (like you did) or if you write  @FreshPairOfEyes they will get a notification that you mentioned them. You just have to write the "@" symbol and then the beginning of the name and you can pick it (works most of the time).

Something else that I found useful is the "Unread Content" button in the upper right corner. This shows you posts on threads you haven't seen.

If you want to message people you can also directly write them a DM by going to their profile and then the "Message" button. Otherwise, like others have said you can just reply to people in threads like this or in Wicked's chat corner, or write on their profile as a status update.
After a few posts you will be able to edit your posts by pressing the edit button.

I think that's all of the useful things I can think of right now :) Oh yeah, you earn points by posting and opening threads. You can use those to do certain things such as changing your username or pin a topic.

Thank yo so much for your tips! For sure will use them, because it is a little bit tricky here at first. I didn't even thought that somebody will reply to my post but.. I'm glad that there are so many kind people <3

8 hours ago, kageokuma said:

heya i new here im new here too welcome this community and i love all genres of anime and manga but my favorites is parasyte and my hero academiaspacer.png

Hiiiii, nice to meet you! I'm always wanting to watch Hero Academia but I don't know.. Is it good? A lot of people say it is a very good anime!

11 hours ago, FreshPairOfEyes said:

Hiiiii, nice to meet you! I'm always wanting to watch Hero Academia but I don't know.. Is it good? A lot of people say it is a very good anime!

totally what sell it is the characters they really interesting and relatable and the action is great

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1