Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a Dungeon?

Firebolto!

Was planning to binge season 2 once it was over, but a number of other series I started watching are proving disappointing, so I may go ahead and start it early

• Like 1

I didn’t think season 1 was anything outstanding, but still an enjoyable non-isekai fantasy series (some harem aspects though). Definitely some cute moments between the MCs

spacer.png

Season 2 seems to be getting pretty good reviews and since Isekai Cheat Magician and Cop Craft are kind of disappointing, thinking I may drop/put on hold and try this instead.

I’m a bit worried I may gave forgotten some details or confused them with similar series, but hopefully it’ll come back to me when I resume.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Season 1 is pretty mediocre, still enjoyable to watch. Though Season 2 is pretty good, albeit fast paced. But aside from that, already looking forward to the next episode - I was unable to wait for the series to finish. ^.^

Just finished the OVA episode which was just fanservice and  comedy (very similar to the recent Reincarnated as a Slime one).  That ED though :lol:

Edited by Ohiotaku

I finished season one and the OVA, but I never got to watching the spin-off season with Aiz.

4 hours ago, Seshi said:

What was the first season like? I haven’t even seen it yet.

It's like Deku from My Hero Academia put into an fantasy world, but not isekai. I liked the idea of Greek mythology, but it's not a heavy theme from what I saw. It's got loads of fan service, so if that's not your thing then I probably wouldn't recommend it.

2 hours ago, Musuko said:

I never got to watching the spin-off season with Aiz.

Sword Oratorio. I actually watched it recently but didn’t think it was as good as the main series. I think it’s cute/funny the way Hestia calls Ais Wahlenstein “Wala-whatsit” 🤣

Edit: Guess I wasn’t the only that needed a refresher since their was an episode recapping season 1 (I still recommend watching season 1 in it’s entirety if you haven’t seen it).

The scene where Bell takes down the minotaur with repeated “Fire Bolto” is awesome 😎 Seems like I forgot a lot of what happened after Welf joined, though I did remember Hermes

:P 

So, guess I feel prepared for season 2 now.

Edited by Ohiotaku

Up to episode 2 of season 2. Wow, didn’t take things long to get intense did it? Though I was a bit put off by how some scenes seemed to go straight from serious to silly

like when they agree to the War Game and these goofy looking guys pop out of the bushes and fountain. And Apollo’s facial expressions are a bit much (almost on the level of Kakegurui). The fact that Hestia rejected him or possibly wanting to make an example of Bell now that he has a reputation seems like sufficient motivation for his grudge. Depicting him as a lewd pervert making the ahegao face is needlessly cringey IMO not funny

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2 episode 4

As glad as I am to see the last of Apollo (hopefully), can’t help but feel the wargame wrapped up too quickly and easily.

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

Season 2 episode 4

As glad as I am to see the last of Apollo (hopefully), can’t help but feel the wargame wrapped up too quickly and easily.

At least it wasn’t a 1 ep like the rookie fire games in fire force 🤦🏼‍♀️ What were they doing 

6 hours ago, Seshi said:

At least it wasn’t a 1 ep like the rookie fire games in fire force 🤦🏼‍♀️ What were they doing 

The actual wargame was one ep,  the previous three  just being set up for it.  But yeah, FF’s potential remains largely untapped IMO.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

As long as you watched the first season of Danmachi you should be fine without Orartorio. I hadn’t made any further progress since my last post , so I’m behind. First arc was a mixed bag for me. Liked the set up for it and the side story involving Lili, but the resolution of the Wargame could’ve been better IMO. Next arc sounds like it could be ecchi as Bell gets abducted by an amazon familia (gee, poor guy 🥰)

Season 2 episode 5 (still behind)

A rather fun transitional episode as Hestia Familia move into their new home and welcome their new members. LOTS of fanservice, but some of it was actually clever

flipping the gender roles in the typical bathhouse scene with the gals eavesdropping/peeping on the guys. And a bromance moment of Welf commenting on Bell’s muscles getting bigger instead of the usual yuri conversation about boobs 

🤣

But the episode ends on a somber note as the stage is set for the next arc, though the episode title suggests the fanservice will continue.

Edited by Ohiotaku