Fate Thread

Shiroe

I've been getting back into Fate recently. Has anyone else seen any Fate? The most popular adaptations are Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, both by Ufotable.

If you don't know what Fate is, it's a battle between mages to get the Holy Grail, an omnipotent wish granting device. Helping these mages are Servants, which are based off of historical figures like Thomas Edison, King Arthur, and Alexander the Great.

What really interests me about Fate is that although magic is acknowledged as being extremely important, it is also the source of a lot of pain for both families and individuals. Many characters from Fate are fleshed out, and it can be argued that Fate/Zero does not have a protagonist for its first season.

I have already seen Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, but I'm still going to read the source material for those extra bits of information. I'm also playing Fate/Grand Order every now and then, which is just crazy and a mess so far.

• Like 2
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

im planning on watching fate series after my boards exam

need to catch up on everything i've missed from studying (its been a real long time since i watched anime, started watching one episode during my breaktime from studies xD)

though, chances are, ill read the VN rather than watch the movie, (im a novel fanatic xD)

as for fgo... im still logging on it everyday, (waiting for memelin to pop up, and for hikikomori princess to come, im rolling for both of them, i saved up 600SQ and 120tickets just for a proper support (memelin) and waifu-hime <3)

(just logging in though...sometimes play, but major of the time, i cant even play them, and just login x_x)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

That being said, the Fate series is killing the historian in me by genderbending all of these historical figures.  There's a constant screaming in my head about how wrong it all is. lol

Hahaha, isn't that Fate for you. Have you seen what Thomas Edison looks like?

What's ToB and ToZX?

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

Incidentally, I got into the habit of calling her Rin "The Toe Shocker" Toshaka. *totally on topic*

I always called her Toe Sucker, lol. Speaking of Rin...

Screenshot_20190731-013719.png

I'm still not sure how to permanently unlock Ishtar (Rider). Do I have to wait?

1 minute ago, The History Kid said:

I *think* so.  I'm still way too new to this game to get what's going on with the mechanics.

Yeah, same here. I just really like the Fate universe.

Wanna add me anyways? My ID is 967,871,662.

• Like 1

Ah, what a time to undergo maintenance...

Screenshot_20190805-230145.png

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

So, I got Ruler in that quiz - but I really feel like some of the questions could be used to factor into that.  Mainly when it asks you "what do you prefer" and the descriptions of the answers are literally the definitions of the classes.  I am mad though, there was no option to "explode everything a lot" as a method of fighting.

What servant would that even be? Lol.

Edited by Musuko

On 8/5/2019 at 10:00 PM, The History Kid said:

I am mad though, there was no option to "explode everything a lot" as a method of fighting.

I know that Jeanne D'Arc is a ruler, I was referring to this part. Sorry for the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

I just want a five star unit.  Just to say I have a five star unit.  The stars apparently don't mean all that much in this game outside of the rarity.

Flat 1% chance is tough. You're better off rerolling the account at the beginning to be honest.

2 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

If the 5*'s were actually that much stronger, I probably would, but I've seen some 1*'s that are insane.

Merlin, Waver, and Jeanne Alter are pretty insane to be fair. I'll have to stick with Arash and Andersen for now though...

You know, there's a direct sequel to Fate/Zero starring Waver Velvet. I would make a thread about it, but I actually haven't started it yet. Hope I finish this darn novel soon.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38959/Lord_El-Melloi_II_Sei_no_Jikenbo__Rail_Zeppelin_Grace_Note

Also, I'm liking your Oda profile picture, @The History Kid 😄

Edited by Musuko
  • Like 1

Watched the first episode of Fate Zero last night. I’d started Fate/Stay Night many years ago but never finished, so thought it was best to start from the beginning. Makes the impression of being a quality series right off the bat. UFO Table’s work is great (as people currently watching Kimetsu no Yaiba can attest). And it does a good job of introducing the main characters and explaining the overall plot. Waver certainly didn’t waste anytime putting himself in the thick of things. I could see some people being put off by what was done to Sakura, but it brings home how high the stakes are and what people are willing do to for that kind of power. Already looking forward to watching the rest of this series.

• Agree 1

I feel like they could have added a lot more to Fate/Apocrypha. Some parts feel really un-answered. And a lot of stuff isn't explained, im guessing that's why it never came to America, besides most people in the west don't read light novels also.  Though Mordred was my fav character in the show, it still just isn't has good as fate/zero or fate/stay night 

fate_apocrypha_mordred_casual_cosplay_1540065276_21548cc6_progressive.jpg

Edited by Serge heartless

The 7 Million Downloads campaign has started. That means a free 4* servant. Hope your problem gets fixed soon, @The History Kid.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:35 PM, Serge heartless said:

Id say the biggest problem with fate series is getting any of their dvds. Fate/Zero cost a lot and is hard to find. Not to mention how hard it is to get fate/stay night unlimited blade works TV dvds cost a ton. 

Both Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) are on crunchyroll, so it shouldn't be a huge to deal to watch them legally. (Unlimited Blade Works is just listed as Fate/stay night, though.) I'd agree that the biggest problem with the Fate series is the entry point, though.