I've been getting back into Fate recently. Has anyone else seen any Fate? The most popular adaptations are Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, both by Ufotable.

If you don't know what Fate is, it's a battle between mages to get the Holy Grail, an omnipotent wish granting device. Helping these mages are Servants, which are based off of historical figures like Thomas Edison, King Arthur, and Alexander the Great.

What really interests me about Fate is that although magic is acknowledged as being extremely important, it is also the source of a lot of pain for both families and individuals. Many characters from Fate are fleshed out, and it can be argued that Fate/Zero does not have a protagonist for its first season.

I have already seen Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, but I'm still going to read the source material for those extra bits of information. I'm also playing Fate/Grand Order every now and then, which is just crazy and a mess so far.

• Like 2
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I started on Fate UBW, but haven't finished it yet, mainly due to UFOTable's influence.  They did ToB and ToZX, so that was my entry point.  I will eventually get back to UBW on Netflix, since they actually have the 5.1 soundtrack, but in the meantime I've been playing WAY too much Grand Order.

The dialogue is magical.

im planning on watching fate series after my boards exam

need to catch up on everything i've missed from studying (its been a real long time since i watched anime, started watching one episode during my breaktime from studies xD)

though, chances are, ill read the VN rather than watch the movie, (im a novel fanatic xD)

as for fgo... im still logging on it everyday, (waiting for memelin to pop up, and for hikikomori princess to come, im rolling for both of them, i saved up 600SQ and 120tickets just for a proper support (memelin) and waifu-hime <3)

(just logging in though...sometimes play, but major of the time, i cant even play them, and just login x_x)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, XII360 said:

as for fgo... im still logging on it everyday, (waiting for memelin to pop up, and for hikikomori princess to come, im rolling for both of them, i saved up 600SQ and 120tickets just for a proper support (memelin) and waifu-hime <3)

That's about where I am with Alchemist Code.  I'm beyond salt over the Alma banner.

With FGO - I got the Berserker Oda Nobunaga, and I'm more stoked about it than I probably should be.  Chick is absolutely bat frig crazy.  That being said, the Fate series is killing the historian in me by genderbending all of these historical figures.  There's a constant screaming in my head about how wrong it all is. lol

• Funny 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

41 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

That being said, the Fate series is killing the historian in me by genderbending all of these historical figures.  There's a constant screaming in my head about how wrong it all is. lol

Hahaha, isn't that Fate for you. Have you seen what Thomas Edison looks like?

What's ToB and ToZX?

• Funny 1

8 hours ago, Musuko said:

Hahaha, isn't that Fate for you. Have you seen what Thomas Edison looks like?

What's ToB and ToZX?

Yes, I raged.  I really wish they came up with some kind of psuedo science for it rather than trying to casually explain it as some conspiracy driven historical mystery.  

The two titles I'm referring to there are Tales of Berseria and Zestiria X.

• Like 1

Seen all and also read all novels 😃 Its pretty interesting and fun to watch - my favorite is probably UBW because Rin is my fave. 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

1 hour ago, Kaito said:

Seen all and also read all novels 😃 Its pretty interesting and fun to watch - my favorite is probably UBW because Rin is my fave. 

Incidentally, I got into the habit of calling her Rin "The Toe Shocker" Toshaka. *totally on topic*

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

Incidentally, I got into the habit of calling her Rin "The Toe Shocker" Toshaka. *totally on topic*

I always called her Toe Sucker, lol. Speaking of Rin...

Screenshot_20190731-013719.png

I'm still not sure how to permanently unlock Ishtar (Rider). Do I have to wait?

1 minute ago, Musuko said:

I'm still not sure how to permanently unlock Ishtar (Rider). Do I have to wait?

I *think* so.  I'm still way too new to this game to get what's going on with the mechanics.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The History Kid said:

I *think* so.  I'm still way too new to this game to get what's going on with the mechanics.

Yeah, same here. I just really like the Fate universe.

Wanna add me anyways? My ID is 967,871,662.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Musuko said:

Yeah, same here. I just really like the Fate universe.

Wanna add me anyways? My ID is 967,871,662.

Right on.  I'll add you as soon as I'm done with whatever madness this game has me in the middle of right now. lol

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

1 hour ago, Musuko said:

Since Seshi did a quiz for Shield Hero, one for Fate would be perfect.

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/9938649/Which-Servant-Class-From-Fate-Would-You-Summon

I got Mashu.

image.thumb.png.dbb2c03bf4ad3c07bef1b2000f842eb8.png

b-but i wanted to summon a berserker..

like kyutihime

• Like 1

So, I got Ruler in that quiz - but I really feel like some of the questions could be used to factor into that.  Mainly when it asks you "what do you prefer" and the descriptions of the answers are literally the definitions of the classes.  I am mad though, there was no option to "explode everything a lot" as a method of fighting.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ah, what a time to undergo maintenance...

Screenshot_20190805-230145.png

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

So, I got Ruler in that quiz - but I really feel like some of the questions could be used to factor into that.  Mainly when it asks you "what do you prefer" and the descriptions of the answers are literally the definitions of the classes.  I am mad though, there was no option to "explode everything a lot" as a method of fighting.

What servant would that even be? Lol.

Edited by Musuko

Very good anime, one of the first ones that I got in to. It would be one of those animes that I would definitely recommend to people to watch.

• Like 2

I would just like to put out there that the games depiction of Gaius Julius Caesar makes me think that he's about to fight me for accidentally touching his giant vat of chocolate pudding.

• Silly 1

On 8/5/2019 at 10:00 PM, The History Kid said:

I am mad though, there was no option to "explode everything a lot" as a method of fighting.

I know that Jeanne D'Arc is a ruler, I was referring to this part. Sorry for the confusion.

1 hour ago, Musuko said:

I know that Jeanne D'Arc is a ruler, I was referring to this part. Sorry for the confusion.

In that case, clearly I am an example. Explodey class.

• Funny 1

Almost done with the Fate route.... It's been over two weeks and this is the shortest route. Plus, school started. 😱

Just now, Musuko said:

@The History Kid Yeah. I got her to max ascension too, but NP5 was too much for me. ☹️

Looking forward to getting that Merlin!

I just want a five star unit.  Just to say I have a five star unit.  The stars apparently don't mean all that much in this game outside of the rarity.

• Agree 1