55 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

I just want a five star unit.  Just to say I have a five star unit.  The stars apparently don't mean all that much in this game outside of the rarity.

Flat 1% chance is tough. You're better off rerolling the account at the beginning to be honest.

1 minute ago, Musuko said:

Flat 1% chance is tough. You're better off rerolling the account at the beginning to be honest.

If the 5*'s were actually that much stronger, I probably would, but I've seen some 1*'s that are insane.

2 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

If the 5*'s were actually that much stronger, I probably would, but I've seen some 1*'s that are insane.

Merlin, Waver, and Jeanne Alter are pretty insane to be fair. I'll have to stick with Arash and Andersen for now though...

1 minute ago, Musuko said:

Merlin, Waver, and Jeanne Alter are pretty insane to be fair. I'll have to stick with Arash and Andersen for now though...

I got my Berserker Oda, I'm satisfied. lol

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Posted (edited)

You know, there's a direct sequel to Fate/Zero starring Waver Velvet. I would make a thread about it, but I actually haven't started it yet. Hope I finish this darn novel soon.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38959/Lord_El-Melloi_II_Sei_no_Jikenbo__Rail_Zeppelin_Grace_Note

Also, I'm liking your Oda profile picture, @The History Kid 😄

Edited by Musuko
  • Like 1

One of these days I'll get around to actually watching the series again.  It's just...been...problematic to find the time.

• Agree 1

Watched the first episode of Fate Zero last night. I’d started Fate/Stay Night many years ago but never finished, so thought it was best to start from the beginning. Makes the impression of being a quality series right off the bat. UFO Table’s work is great (as people currently watching Kimetsu no Yaiba can attest). And it does a good job of introducing the main characters and explaining the overall plot. Waver certainly didn’t waste anytime putting himself in the thick of things. I could see some people being put off by what was done to Sakura, but it brings home how high the stakes are and what people are willing do to for that kind of power. Already looking forward to watching the rest of this series.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Good to see you're joining us on the Fate train Ohiotaku!

Have you seen Demon King Nobunaga's NP @The History Kid? Looks pretty cool.

Spoiler

Also, I rolled a Nero today. Pretty neat.

Screenshot_20190831-145715.png

Edited by Musuko

Posted (edited)

Damn son.

Also, I need a saber. They are evading me something fierce. :(

Also, @Musuko - how many Nobu's have you bonked?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Screenshot_20190829-205142.png

Edited by The History Kid
  • Like 1

Haha yeah, I'm just glad I don't have to run Caesar. I'm still gunning for Altera though.

I've only ran the Nobu node once, but I was surprised to see her there. I don't think it's that efficient from what I remember.

Yeah, it got pushed through last night and I have access to none of my games now. One of them now also shows a security risk. Boooo.

I'm toying with watching the Ep 0 of the Grand Order anime on Crunchyroll next weekend.  We'll see if I make it there.  It's subbed so it might kill me...dunno.

I feel like they could have added a lot more to Fate/Apocrypha. Some parts feel really un-answered. And a lot of stuff isn't explained, im guessing that's why it never came to America, besides most people in the west don't read light novels also.  Though Mordred was my fav character in the show, it still just isn't has good as fate/zero or fate/stay night 

fate_apocrypha_mordred_casual_cosplay_1540065276_21548cc6_progressive.jpg

Edited by Serge heartless

There are, admittedly, a vast number of things that irritate the hell out of me with the Fate series, much like the Hetalia series.  But I shrug it off simply because people are entertained by it, and that's the only real mission the series has is to be entertaining.  I just can't get passed the genderbending with all of the historical figures though (and yes, that even includes the insane, awesome, darkish, Oda Nobunaga).  I think the most accurate character portrayal in that entire series is Jeanne D'Arc.

Not going to lie: in the game, I almost dropped it over the Nero arc.  A part of my soul died with that whole thing, and I still to this day can not seriously run anything with Fate's "Nero Claudius."  Suetonius would be PISSED.

• Funny 1

Id say the biggest problem with fate series is getting any of their dvds. Fate/Zero cost a lot and is hard to find. Not to mention how hard it is to get fate/stay night unlimited blade works TV dvds cost a ton. 

The 7 Million Downloads campaign has started. That means a free 4* servant. Hope your problem gets fixed soon, @The History Kid.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:35 PM, Serge heartless said:

Id say the biggest problem with fate series is getting any of their dvds. Fate/Zero cost a lot and is hard to find. Not to mention how hard it is to get fate/stay night unlimited blade works TV dvds cost a ton. 

Both Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) are on crunchyroll, so it shouldn't be a huge to deal to watch them legally. (Unlimited Blade Works is just listed as Fate/stay night, though.) I'd agree that the biggest problem with the Fate series is the entry point, though.

17 hours ago, Musuko said:

The 7 Million Downloads campaign has started. That means a free 4* servant. Hope your problem gets fixed soon, @The History Kid.

Both Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) are on crunchyroll, so it shouldn't be a huge to deal to watch them legally. (Unlimited Blade Works is just listed as Fate/stay night, though.) I'd agree that the biggest problem with the Fate series is the entry point, though.

Ya its not the same as owning the dvds though, and I don't have to watch ads. Its also a pain when I want to watch a anime and be on twitchtv at the same time.   I just don't understand why type-moon has to charge so much for their animes. They aren't even that popular compared to other animes out their that I know of.  Unless its Aniplex, and they don't know how to handle the sells, or don't care. 

Its also you can watch anime on your pc, which is ok. But you can't compare it to a big screen TV with speakers while sitting on a nice couch 

Edited by Serge heartless

Finished Fate Zero over the weekend. Truly epic, but a bit too soul crushing for me at times. Hope the follow up series offers at least some redemption for the characters. 

Plan to binge Lord El Melio this week as we transition between seasons. Probably won’t get around to starting Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works until at least November.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

10 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Finished Fate Zero over the weekend. Truly epic, but a bit too soul crushing for me at times. Hope the follow up series offers at least some redemption for the characters. 

Plan to binge Lord El Melio this week as we transition between seasons. Probably won’t get around to starting Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works until at least November.

You really should watch Fate/Stay night unlimited blade works tv next.