Sign in to follow this  
Big Boar

Planning to live and work in Japan

Hello. As some of you may know, im currently studying japanese because i want to understand anime. But im thinking of living in Japan because i like Japan. The thing is im not familiar with streets so i will get lost there, im industrious and i heard that they have big salaries, i also hear there are lots of Filipinos there like me and some even a high school students. So what are step by steps when first time visiting Japan? Should i hire some tour? Im well behave(but not talkative and no friends) and not a jerk like Logan paul.

• Like 1

Logan Paul comment was random, but okay.

You might want to do some more research into the region that you're wanting to get involved in.  I'm not saying go full-military on your research, but a lot of the time, what "sounds like a workable condition" is usually much more complex and complicated when you get your feet on the ground.  That's true even in the macro-scale of things moving from one city to the next.

You're a high school student - "big salaries" mean little to you.  Why?  You have no degree.  What's the cost of living where you want to be?  How are you going to pay your way by until you get the job?  How are you going to get the job?  If you don't know the language, how do you propose to get hired or function in the day to day?  These are things to think about.  There are many more dimensions to moving - even in country (let alone out of the country) - than just up-anchoring and moving.  The biggest thing is "what is the naturalization process?"  You don't just get to go someplace and claim citizenship - period.  That's probably where I'd start.

• Like 1

You should check into a lot of things first before moving country, the first being how to obtain, and the cost to obtain, a visa. You can't do anything without that and one of the biggest obstacles is obtaining a visa to live and work in that country to begin with. You usually need a job already lined up to be eligible for a visa to move or have substantial reason to be there. Substantial meaning you are marrying someone there or are originally from there and have family already living there that will vouch to support you. With visas they are usually thousands of dollars to obtain specially if you plan on becoming an actual citizen and most countries make you take tests and attend school to become a citizen so it would be good to find out about that process as well.

• Like 2