alina

I am quite unprofessional, and most of my supervisors were and are. Not in a way like @Seshi mentioned, more in a 'what? I can't believe these guys actually work at a university' kinda way. I regularly write insane e-mails starting with things as 'fellow humans' and randomly offer food to students 😂 People are usually quite confused but after a while they get that I just don't care too much about formalities and everyone mellows out which makes debates a lot more productive than everyone trying to be as wordy as possible (which is quite an annoying thing in philosophy, if people take over 5 minutes to pose a simple question).

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I am quite unprofessional, and randomly offer food to students 😂 People are usually quite confused but after a while they get that I just don't care too much about formalities and everyone mellows out

My favorite type of person 🍪

• Like 1

Probably just people hitting on co-workers as well. A lot of people look at work as a singles bar and forget they are supposed to be in a professional environment.

• Like 1

I worked with a co-worker who was extremely unprofessional. I'd even seen him go into a rage and take his shirt off and THROW it at a customer... and no, he didn't get fired. He was constantly rude to customers but they wouldn't fire him because they needed someone to work that shift because no one else would ;s 

The most unprofessional (negatively, because my form tutor in college was the most unprofessional person I have ever known, but he was the best teacher we ever had because of it!) Was a time when we had a cover teacher try and teach our class, forget they left something in their car, went to get it and realised they had locked themselves out of their own car, so instead he had to wait for a good 3 solid hours, by which point the class was up. All the while, he simply stood by his car taking a cig. 

*Shrugs* can't really blame him. Although would have been nice if he had actually just came back to at least give us some work or another.

• Like 1