Crime/Murder/Who did it?

Sam_harris_43

Question

12 answers to this question

I’ll recommend  Beautiful Bones which I consider to be a seriously under appreciated series 

https://myanimelist.net/anime/30187/Sakurako-san_no_Ashimoto_ni_wa_Shitai_ga_Umatteiru?q=Beautiful bones

Edit: How could I have forgotten about Monster? <facepalms>

https://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster?q=Monster

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I’ll recommend  Beautiful Bones which I consider to be a seriously under appreciated series 

https://myanimelist.net/anime/30187/Sakurako-san_no_Ashimoto_ni_wa_Shitai_ga_Umatteiru?q=Beautiful bones

Edit: How could I have forgotten about Monster? <facepalms>

https://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster?q=Monster

19 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I came to suggest Monster... My job is done. lol

Thanks both, just looked into Monster and it looks very good! I'll try and find the episodes on YouTube so I can throw to my TV. 

• Like 1

People, watched the first episode of Monster last night. It. Was. So. Slow. 

Please tell me something happens in episode 2? I don't want to have to watch 7-8 episodes bekfore it starts. I felt the first episode could have been ten minutes as it just showed the difficult situations the surgeon gets placed in. 

Pretty sure the first murder happens fairly early in the series, but as a whole the series puts more emphasis on suspense than action.  Monster does have chases, fist fights, shoot outs, prison breaks, etc. but it spends most of it’s time exploring psychological & ethical issues. If that sounds boring to you, it’s probably not what you’re looking for.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

38 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Pretty sure the first murder happens fairly early in the series, but as a whole the series puts more emphasis on suspense than action.  Monster does have chases, fist fights, shoot outs, prison breaks, etc. but it spends most of it’s time exploring psychological & ethical issues. If that sounds boring to you, it’s probably not what you’re looking for.

Not boring by description just the first episode was very slow. I'll stick with it for a bit though. 

• Like 2

How on Earth did nobody mention Kubikiri Cycle

spacer.png

(Other title: The Beheading Cycle)

12 people are on a secluded island in a mansion.

5 Geniuses, people who are the absolute masters of their respective fields. Nobody else in the world can best them in those topics.

4 Maids. The head maid, and the 3 triplet maids.

2 Assistants. They tagged along with a few of the geniuses to simply help them out. The protagonist is one of them.

And finally, the owner of the mansion, who invites these geniuses to her mansion purely for entertainment, and to have interesting people to speak to.

One night, one of them is decapitated. They need to figure out who did it, before more people die.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:27 PM, Sam_harris_43 said:

Not boring by description just the first episode was very slow. I'll stick with it for a bit though. 

It's a great classic. But it's very long. Not gonna blame you if you decide to bail.

Aside from the already mentioned:

Death Note? (I'm guessing you watched that already)

Paranoia Agent

In the streets of Tokyo, a new menace has surfaced: Shounen Bat, a young boy who wears golden roller skates and a baseball cap, and likes to whack people on the head with a golden baseball bat. These seemingly unconnected and random attacks soon become a police investigation... but after all is said and done, is there a pattern to this chaos? - Anime Planet

This is quite a stretch already but hey....

Eden of the East

In the year 2010, on a day called ‘Careless Monday', ten missiles hit the cities of Japan; miraculously, there are no casualties and the event quickly fades from public memory. Some time later, Saki Morimi decides to visit Washington, DC on her graduation trip to America, but that day begins a series of bizarre events. After getting into trouble with the police, she's rescued by a young man who is completely naked save for a gun in one hand and an even stranger item in the other - a phone credited with 8 billion electronic yen and a female voice on the other end called Juiz who will fulfill his every wish. Having no recollection of his past and calling himself ‘Akira Takizawa', the young man accompanies Saki back to Japan in the hopes of discovering who he is. Akira's enigma quickly proves fascinating and Saki decides to help him rather than reunite with her family; but what neither realizes is that Akira is embroiled in a dark game of life and death linked to the Careless Monday missiles. Has Saki just made a terrible mistake, and can Akira unravel his own mystery before they both lose everything? - Anime Planet

On 8/6/2019 at 4:35 AM, Sam_harris_43 said:

Looking for a mystery crime anime, not sure where to start looking so thought i'd check with you lot. 

Don't really want a fantasy based one, would prefer realism. 

All suggestions appreciated! 

Thanks 

Danganronpa and Danganronpa The End of Hope's Peak High School

29060-20121206_danganronpa02_jpg1.jpg

latest?cb=20180130132641

Edited by Serge heartless