Whats up!

Joshos

Hey everyone I just registered on these forums, and just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Josh I watch mainly shounen anime, but I'm looking to get into other genres if you guys could give me some recommendations it would much appreciated. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Welcome, glad you decided to join us 😁

Looking to explore outside shounen, hmm I would recommend Magic Knight Rayearth as a transitional series. It’s shoujo (female MCs  & more apt to explore emotions and romance) but still with a lot of action including fights with magical swords, bows and even giant robots later on. It’s also one of the earlier examples of an isekai series (my recommendation is for the 2 tv series, not the short OVA which was awful IMO).  For something more realistic I would recommend A Place Further than the Universe about a group of highschool girls accompanying a research expedition to the Antarctic. Finally if you’re curious about the slice of life or CGDCT genre I recommend Azumanga Daioh, Yuru Camp & K-on!

Hi @Joshosand welcome to the forums ^^ if you need anything feel free to send me a message. You should have no trouble finding some recommendations for new anime here ;D 

welcome to the forum!

out of the Shounen tag on my anime lest, id recommend Detective Conan, Noragami, & Koe no Katachi. all wildly different from eachother but, also some of my favorite

i like Detective Conan as a comfort anime cuz u can just.. sit and binge hundreds upon hundreds of episodes of crime drama (theres over 800 of them!)