Kengan Ashura (Netflix)

Sam_harris_43

Netflix adapted programme. 

I haven't watched it all yet but for those not familiar with the manga (I wasn't) here is a summary. 

Since the Edo periods of Japan, gladiator arenas exist in certain areas. In these arenas, wealthy business owners and merchants hire gladiators to fight in unarmed combat where winner takes all. Tokita Ohma, nicknamed "Asura", joins these arenas and devastates his opponents. His spectacular ability to crush his enemies catches the attention of the big business owners, including the Nogi Group chairman, Nogi Hideki.

Animation is top. Voice acting is great. Action is brilliant. If you like hajime no ippo you'll like this. 

Worth the watch (I'm on ep 5 at the mo)

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

2 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

I hate being this person. But my husband put this on for a few minutes and we were pretty much turned off within minutes. We just weren't digging the animation. The mouth movements felt unnatural and the VO was awkward because despite all of the physical exertions being made they were still talking without any strain as easily as if they were just sitting in a chair getting a foot massage. 

I'm sure the story is great, but if the presentation itself is uncomfortable I don't want to have to endure it just to enjoy 50% of the anime

Why you got to be this person? (Joking)

Each to their own isn't it. I actually liked the animation style. 

It's still not close to ippo though. 

2 hours ago, Sam_harris_43 said:

Netflix adapted programme. 

I haven't watched it all yet but for those not familiar with the manga (I wasn't) here is a summary. 

Since the Edo periods of Japan, gladiator arenas exist in certain areas. In these arenas, wealthy business owners and merchants hire gladiators to fight in unarmed combat where winner takes all. Tokita Ohma, nicknamed "Asura", joins these arenas and devastates his opponents. His spectacular ability to crush his enemies catches the attention of the big business owners, including the Nogi Group chairman, Nogi Hideki.

Animation is top. Voice acting is great. Action is brilliant. If you like hajime no ippo you'll like this. 

Worth the watch (I'm on ep 5 at the mo)

Well you had me at Hajime no Ippo 🤣🤣🤗

But I’m curious, does this sound a tad like Baki the Grappler to anyone else?