Any suggestions for an Anime that isn't an Dragonkishish?

HakuUzumaki

9 hours ago, Beocat said:

Maybe I'm just getting old, but you're going to have to translate that for me.

8 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

What she said 😕

Dragonkishi means someone who almost copied someone's else's work. 

Example: Naruto is a copied of Dragonball. That makes Kishimoto an Dragonkishi.  

Where Naruto style character married Sakura type character or for you Dragonball fans.  Where Goku style character married Bluma style character. 

• Confused 1

I don't see the similarities between Dragonball and Naruto but, if you are worried about recycled ideas (or tropes as we tend to call them) watch some older anime from the 70s and 80s. They were all fresh back then ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Dragonball is just Journey to the West in anime form, Goku is Sun Wukong the Monkey King. As Mark Twain put it "There is no such thing as originality, just authenticity". At this day and age it could be said there are no original ideas left you're inevitably going to be able to draw connections to at least one other idea that predates if you look hard enough.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It sounds you are just looking for unique ideas.

People have been making anime for decades, and certainty there more and less unique ones.

The 80's and early 90's was a time where it was comparatively easy for small studios to get enough funding to produce what ever they wanted.

I'd heavily recommend looking through some of the 80's OVA catalogs that are kicking around.

• Like 1