Borderlands 3

Vitis

Anybody getting it? Seem to have made some quality of life improvements, but they seem like they're still making balancing mistakes. I always felt there was little reason to have a skill tree and randomly generated loot when the scaling usually boiled down to few things being viable (or you're just handicapping yourself to a ridiculous degree) and everything they've released thus far leads me to believe they haven't remedied this issue. Historically the modding has been a nightmare for anybody that wanted to play with randoms which they didn't really address at all so there's not much reason to believe that's improved. Movement improvements are nice, so is asynchronous coop and instanced loot but that really only helps if you want to play with people you know since you can already tell there are broken builds that will trivialize the difficulty if you aren't one of those people who don't like being completely over-powered and able to kill anything in seconds and even the hardest enemies in the game in a few minutes tops with these broken builds when using non-exploitative builds you can literally burn every single round you have and not put a scratch in them. Despite the poor balance of the series I'm still looking forward to, but more for generic pt1 and pt2 and not so much the unbalanced endgame content that more or less pigeonholes you into a few specific builds that exploit stat stacking to achieve op levels of damages.

With all the characters' skill trees reveal who's everyone's top choice in character for their first run?

What manufacturer are people planning to have loyalty to?

Personally if they get the balancing of survivability and damage for summoned objects I'll have a hard time not taking a Gunner Jabber so I'm planning on Fl4k, but if damage scaling and health scaling of non-player character objects is as bad as it has been in the past I'll probably just go with Zane. Zane is a more interesting character IMO and if the main draw of Fl4k is going to be completely useless at high levels like Deathtrap, Roland's Turret, Saint, Timothy's Digi-clones etc have been then that ruins his draw for me even if he doesn't really need the pet to be good. Zane can pull similar utility to Timothy Lawrence with his activation of Kill Skills on use of an Action Skill similar to how Timothy's Digiclones counted as kills to effectively keep his Kill Skills going without the need of getting actual kills though I'm hoping the Digi-Clone for Zane isn't paper since even if his base damage is garbage duplicating your own weapon with the capstone should fix that and I did want to play Timothy with his digi-clones originally they were just such utter garbage that they weren't worth investing in outside of the utility features like most of the Action Skills in the game end up just using their utility features rather than their damage aspects since they tend to do pitiable damage even if that's what they're meant to do. As for Manufacturers I like the sounds of the new Jakobs weapons, strong and rewarding for crits by ricocheting to another target I don't mind the negatives of having low mag sizes and long(er) reloads if they have the damage to make up for it I much prefer controlled fire to more spray and pray style gameplay.

I'm getting it. In all honesty it's because it's really the only game that allows local co-op so my fiance and I can play on the same console. I really wasn't into it when the first game was released until this year. 

My favorite character would have to be Siren... wonder if she will be in the 3rd game...

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

3 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

My favorite character would have to be Siren... wonder if she will be in the 3rd game...

The past playable sirens will both be in 3, so if you are referring to either Lilith or Maya they will be returning in some capacity, but not as a playable character. The playable characters are Fl4k, a robotic beastmaster, Amara, a siren who draws from the hindu religion for character design, Moze, an ex Vladof soldier from the Iron Bear Division, and Zane a corporate assassin related to both Baron Flynt and Captain Flynt both of which were bosses in previous games, he'd also be related to Sparky Flynt as well if youve played the Borderlands 2 headhunter dlc.

10 hours ago, VampireKnight19 said:

I'm thinking about getting it but I don't think I will be able to get it on its release date because of how expensive it will be. I will have to wait till it goes on sale and I could be waiting a while for that to happen :(

If you're waiting for a price decrease, they are planning on putting it on Gamepass and ofcourse Gears 5 is going on there launch day if you're a fan of shooters and want variety. They do have a standard priced version with their deluxe and super deluxe offering more or less purely cosmetic benefits though the super deluxe does include the season pass for upcoming DLC, but it's included at the full price they usually sell it for on the market. With cosmetics becoming a larger part of Borderlands there runs the risk of cosmetics being a part of the season pass this time around which Borderlands 2 already saw essentially with the head hunter DLC which were very short in actual content and the pay off was simply a head for each one so the standard is probably the way to go if you're not big into cosmetics and prefer gameplay for your dollar. They are claiming that it has a lot more content this time around and the scale of the maps suggest as such, but Gearbox is Gearbox and you have to take their claims with a grain of salt.

3 hours ago, Vitis said:

If you're waiting for a price decrease, they are planning on putting it on Gamepass and ofcourse Gears 5 is going on there launch day if you're a fan of shooters and want variety. They do have a standard priced version with their deluxe and super deluxe offering more or less purely cosmetic benefits though the super deluxe does include the season pass for upcoming DLC, but it's included at the full price they usually sell it for on the market. With cosmetics becoming a larger part of Borderlands there runs the risk of cosmetics being a part of the season pass this time around which Borderlands 2 already saw essentially with the head hunter DLC which were very short in actual content and the pay off was simply a head for each one so the standard is probably the way to go if you're not big into cosmetics and prefer gameplay for your dollar. They are claiming that it has a lot more content this time around and the scale of the maps suggest as such, but Gearbox is Gearbox and you have to take their claims with a grain of salt.

I will probably just go for the standard version like I did with the first 2 

1 hour ago, VampireKnight19 said:

I will probably just go for the standard version like I did with the first 2 

Did you play TPS? Characters from it will be returning as well if that's important to you at all along with Tales From the Borderlands characters. (some of which were already in the Commander Lilith Free DLC)

• 4 weeks later...

I won't. Mostly because it is on Epic Store. I played all 3 games before (BL, BL2 and BL The Pre Sequel). I like them all... but i can't be "made" to buy a game in a plataform just 'cuz its more profitable to the developers. I mean, i get that they wish to make more money, but thats not the way. Since a ton of people won't buy the game just 'cuz its on Epic Store only. Steam is "here" a long time and as alot of users, most just don't want to switch or instal another program on the pc just to play a game, no matter how good it is.

I tried when WWZ came out, played it and never returned, didnt felt cozy to me. Steam HUD is so much better. Maybe in a few years i guess.

Anyway, I made a research and people are saying BL3 is coming to Steam on april. So ill just wait.