New Themes Available

Seshi

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know to check the little box called "themes" down in the left hand corner. We've just added some new ones to the mix. 

Be on the lookout for more updates and exciting news. Especially looking forward to sharing our Halloween themes with you this year. Lookout! They'll be coming to haunt you soon :) 

• Like 2
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Dunno which are new and which are old, but cycling through them several of them don't change anything for me.

And some of them make it particular hard to see text in the titles and on background at least for me like the Sailormoon theme.

Edited by Vitis
  • Funny 1

@VitisI added Fruits Basket, Demon Slayer, Fullmetal Alchemist and Touhou.

Yea some of them are optimized for mobile. So if one doesn’t work, just find a different one.

Also you said nothing changes, when you click on a new theme, hit the picture button in the top right of your screen to select between images within the theme and see if that helps.

3 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Yea some of them are optimized for mobile. So if one doesn’t work, just find a different one.

Also you said nothing changes, when you click on a new theme, hit the picture button in the top right of your screen to select between images within the theme and see if that helps.

I'm more concerned about the accessibility than personal issues with them. Without changing the background the Sailor Moon theme for instance defaults to a white that more or less matches the white in the text making it hard to navigate or simply re-find the themes drop down.

Yeah changing the background does edit the theme, but I'm more mentioning that if somebody who doesn't look around clicks a theme and there are no visual changes they might assume it's broken and as far as I can tell there isn't really a tutorial explaining certain features id est I see a mobile background thread, but nothing drawing attention to the actual theme menu. I for one didn't notice the little tiny menu for themes at all until this post popped up, granted I wasn't exactly looking for it, but I suspect I wouldn't be the only one that doesn't notice a menu tucked away at the bottom corner of the site. As far as I can tell the themes change the pool of background images whilst the colors themselves change based more on the background in most cases influencing the header backgrounds based on the image selected. Potentially adding it to the exist AF Theme Background thread as they'd be related, but maybe an annotated screen shot drawing attention to the theme menu itself possibly with it expanded.

Speaking of - one of the things I was bummed about when selecting the dark theme is that it still has some design elements (the gif header) in it.  I'd rather have one that's just plain without the graphic header that's dark, and I know IPS has one of these readily deployable.  Shouldn't be a major project to add either, if someone could add that to the list.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The History Kid said:

Speaking of - one of the things I was bummed about when selecting the dark theme is that it still has some design elements (the gif header) in it.  I'd rather have one that's just plain without the graphic header that's dark, and I know IPS has one of these readily deployable.  Shouldn't be a major project to add either, if someone could add that to the list.

Done. I call it, Default Dark. 😛 and its super duper original

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...