Rate the Anime You're watching

Seshi

469580199_midoriasmall.jpg.761cc9d8bd80759570ee8d0986af62fe.jpg

What anime are you watching right now? Rating Edition

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Rate the First Impression you had of the anime you are currently watching with 1 to 5 stars.

Rate the Final Impression once you've finished the anime, or if you dropped it, let us know then.

• Like 1

I'm not currently watching much at the moment, (still reading Fate/stay night) but I am keeping up with Tejina Senpai. It's an ongoing anime with a cute main girl, but there's a lot of fan service in it. It's chibi art style is cute, but if you can't handle ditzy girls and fan service, I would not recommend it.

Anyways, I'd probably give it 3 stars out of 5. Sometimes the score hits 2 stars out of 5. I usually don't continue anime that I rate this lowly, but episodes are only 12 minutes long each, and the pacing is really fast so it keeps your attention.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Finished Cannon Busters on Netflix last night. First impression was I liked the visual style and kinda funny (though with more profanity which is typical where there is an American influence). Story seemed to rely heavily on cliches, but thought it might be decent. Unfortunately, the further I got into it, the clearer it became it was more concerned with looking/acting cool than actually making sense. Also, the emotional moments didn’t have any real impact. And then ends on a “to be continued” note.

Overall rating 5.5/10 (8 for coolness & visual style, 3 for story/character development)

• Like 1

I am currently watching Vinland Saga which I will give a 7 out of 10. The animation style is good and interesting plot. Also am watching Dr.Stone which is awesome as I had started with the manga. The anime I will give it 8 out of 10. Kengan Ashura anime disappointed me as the CGI adaption of the manga is just bleugh!! But the manga is godly..especially the artwork, almost like One Punch mans

• Like 2

Symphogear XV- SOLID 10, WOOOOOO (But seriously this show has been nothing but awesome, truly a great finale for a 7-year-long franchise)

O Maidens in Your Savage Season - Easy 9 right now! (great romance/drama, with some equally great comedy to boot! Can't wait to see where this one is going!)

Cop Craft - Definitely an 8 right now. (Loving this show, despite its animation issues, it's always a fun watch.)

Granbelm - Also an 8! (Awful MAL score that doesn't reflect how good it is, but has a rather interesting plot so far and some AWESOME animation. Which is important for an action series.)

Astra Lost in Space - Third 8! (Super corny show, but I can't help but enjoy it. Super quality popcorn entertainment.)

Shounen Maid - 7 so far! (Surprisingly heartwarming! Not ALL the jokes land, but absolutely not a dealbreaker. I can see this maybe even going to an 8 if it manages to land the emotional stuff later on.)

Danmachi S2 - 4 out of 10! (This season of Danmachi is somehow worse than the first season! I would list all my complaints but I'd be here a while.)

• Like 2

Dropping 7 Seeds after 5 episodes. Not necessarily terrible, but boring which is not something I would expect from a post apocalyptic series. Not packing a dramatic/emotional punch either. Unlikely I’ll ever pick it up again, just too many other series I want to check out (5/10)

Will probably try Fate Zero next.

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Finally watching Darling in the Franxx completely between Slayers Next and SLayers Try. Only 3 eps in but hasn't left that much of an impression on me story or character wise but the animation is premium and the modern art style is refreshing after watching some older series. Since its Trigger who made this, I'm predicting that somewhere in the last 5 eps. aliens will somehow appear or be involved with the conclusion of the story.... (getting Kill La Kill lash backs...) 6/10 so far

Edited by leinwandname

4 hours ago, leinwandname said:

Finally watching Darling in the Franxx completely between Slayers Next and SLayers Try. Only 3 eps in but hasn't left that much of an impression on me story or character wise but the animation is premium and the modern art style is refreshing after watching some older series. Since its Trigger who made this, I'm predicting that somewhere in the last 5 eps. aliens will somehow appear or be involved with the conclusion of the story.... (getting Kill La Kill lash backs...) 6/10 so far

Obligated to mention that Trigger didn't actually make FranXX.

They HELPED, but it was A1 that did most of the everything. Trigger only actually properly worked on 6 episodes total, their last episode being ep. 14.

It isn't even on their website lmao 

http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/works/

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, awesomedude20 said:

Obligated to mention that Trigger didn't actually make FranXX.

They HELPED, but it was A1 that did most of the everything. Trigger only actually properly worked on 6 episodes total, their last episode being ep. 14.

It isn't even on their website lmao 

http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/works/

Ah, didn't see that - apparently CloverWorks who worked on Neverland and Bunny Girl Senpai also were involved. No wonder it looks so neat. Though, I did wonder, and though about mentioning it in my previous post, that Darling didn't feel that Gainax-y (The fluidity and explosions/dust did feel off) considering that it was from Trigger, as I had though. Them working with other studios and not even being the main studio explains that, I think.

Edited by leinwandname

With a month or less left in the season, my top picks:

1. Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) pretty much a lock on my AOTS and top contender for AOTY. Currently rating 8.5/10, but could easily be a 9 by the end.

2. Fruits Basket (2019) the 2 part episode focusing on Uo and Tohru’s mom has been the high point for me so far, but consistently delivers an emotional impact. Plus Shigure never fails to entertain. Currently rating 8/10. Could gain some if we get some more insight into Kyo’s secrets before the end.

3.  Nakanohito Genome (The Ones Within) absolutely love the cast of characters and the way they play off each other. Biggest drawback is the big picture remains indiscernible.  It does seem to be building towards something though. 7.5/10

4.  Dr. Stone my enjoyment of this series improved quite a bit with the beginning of the village arc.  I still have some issues with it though. 6.5/10

5.  Fire Force lots of potential, but not really developing the way I had hoped. Not seeing much in the way of improvement either. 6.5/10

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Some less recent series I’m watching

Fate Zero loving this series, especially the pairs of Waver/Rider & Irisveil/Saber. Some might be put off by a couple scenes of violence against children. Only up to episide 5 but potential to earn a spot on  my all time top 10. 8.5/10

Carole & Tuesday only up to episode 2. Way too convenient the way things are happening and will probably be extremely sentimental.  But not without it’s charm. 6.5/10

The Caretaker of Sunohara-Sou up to episode 5. Basically what you’d expect if Lucuoa & Shota from Dragon Maid got their own series. Pretty ecchi & some might find the age gap offputting. Not that good really. 5/10

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Going through Saekano season 2, seen 7 episodes so far.
I like how the tone in the last few episodes is a little more serious than before. I'd rate it ~7.5/10 right now.

On 9/3/2019 at 3:15 AM, Ohiotaku said:

Fate Zero loving this series

F/Z is indeed surprisingly dark, but Rider is such a fun character. It ended up pretty high in my favourites list, glad you're enjoying it as well :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Fate Zero

Truly an epic story, beautifully animated  with many likable characters. Which unfortunately makes the amount of bloodshed and tragedy almost unbearable at times. While the ending does offer some faint glimmers hope to potentially be realized in future series, I was still left with a heavy feeling. 8/10 (may change upward once I watch the follow up series)

My final rankings for the Summer 2019 season (dropped series not included)

Kimetsu no Yaiba (9/10)
Fruits Basket (8/10
Vinland Saga (8/10) 
The Ones Within (7/10)
Dr. Stone (7/10)
Fire Force (6/10)
Demon Lord Retry (6/10)
How Heavy are your Dumbbells? (6/10)O
Wasteful Days of Highschool Girls (6/10)
O Maidens in your Savage Season (6/10)
Gegege no Kitaro (6/10)
Lord El Melloi II (6/10)
Danmachi season 2 (5/10)
Mix: Meisei Story (5/10)
Demon Girl Next Door (5/10)
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts (5/10)
Magical Sempai (4/10)
Cop Craft (4/10)
Are you Lost? (3/10)

Just finished the movie Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Battle of Unato. It was alright, but really didn’t live up to the main series. And it made no sense for Netflix to repackage it as 3 “episodes” and label it as season 1 when it comes as a direct follow up to the series which they don’t even have. (6.5/10)

I have 1 recent Anime rating-

Another-8/10

Loved the story very much.  It was one of the most intriguing and mysterious story’s I have enjoyed in recent memory.  The whole season pulled me along and griped me and kept me super curious along the way.  I found the characters interesting and really enjoyed the ”usual beach episode” in this anime.

The ending was...unexpected.  That’s all I’ll say about that!