My Hero Academia

JigglyChaos

I forgot about the doctor thing. But they'll probably find something to add why he can still get injured. Then again, it might be interesting to see him pass all for one on, maybe as something like the last season. I also think that some of these questions will be clearer once they show what exactly the deal with All Might's medical condition is.

I don’t expect Deku to bow out anytime soon, afterall All Might has practically been a walking corpse for who knows how long and the rapidness of his decline was more a result of passing on his power. Plus Deku is already realizing that All Might’s method of just overpowering your opponent by pushing past your physical limits isn’t going to work for him. He’ll just need to figure out more strategic and innovative ways to use his power, which he has already started to do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 10:36 PM, Serge heartless said:

Ya but Deku is a kid, and already seriously injured. All might is a adult with his injury. 

What do you mean Deku is seriously injured? Please wrap your reply in spoiler.

Which is why

he started developing a fighting style that relies more on his legs (shoot stlyle) and asked Mei to come up with costume modifications that would help lessen or absorb the impact

Edited by Ohiotaku

What did everybody think about this week's episode? Although the overall plot didn't progress all that much, I kinda really enjoyed it. I've always wondered what's in store next for Eijiro Kirishima/Red Riot since his quirk is rather 'basic' in a sense.

Also, I found the guy who can transform into what he eats (Tamaki Amajiki) great 😂 Not the kind of quirk that encourages going vegan 😂  

Edited by Illusion of Terra

On 11/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, Illusion of Terra said:

I've always wondered what's in store next for Eijiro Kirishima/Red Riot since

I’d actually been expecting them to try and more with him since he’s the only character who really seems to get along with Bakugo

being the one Deku deemed most likely Bakugo would accept help from during the rescue last season

I was actually amused at the villain with the blades sticking out of his hands complaining about how useless his quirk is, since it’s basically the same as Wolverine (though I guess it’s not that badass without the healing factor & indestructible skeleton) 😂 ) Also how Fat Gum was basically Blob (guess it’s my former X-men fanaticism resurfacing :P )

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Silly 1

What did everyone think about this week's episode?

Before they brought up Eri, I thought they used All for One's power somehow to steal quirks, but apparently this doesn't seem to be the case. Now I'm wondering what Eri's quirk might be.
What I am even more curious about is what Sir Nighteye knows about All Might, particularly because of what they said this episode!

(general question here, are we supposed to put things into spoiler things in this thread or is it implied that it will contain spoilers and no spoiler things needed?)

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 3:36 PM, Serge heartless said:

I cant see Deku making it as a adult. That doctor told him if he gets injured again, he might never uses his arms again. I can see Deku passing on all for one to someone else in a few years. 

Actually since then he has learned how to use his power in a new way, instead of being just like all might, he has altered his attacks and focusing more on using his legs instead of putting everything into his punches.

On 11/23/2019 at 11:18 AM, Illusion of Terra said:

(general question here, are we supposed to put things into spoiler things in this thread or is it implied that it will contain spoilers and no spoiler things needed?)

I added a spoiler tag prefix to this discussion. Anyone entering should know to be caught up with the currently airing. That's what this sub forum is intended for.. Keeping current and discussing the latest, so go right ahead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Serge heartless said:

that doesn't mean he can fight any better. Not being able to use your arms at 100% is a pretty big weakness.  I think they might be able to find someone like recovery girl, who can fully heal his arms again. 

Now that's a thought. Didn't she already heal him though?

While I haven’t read the manga, it seems to me the direction things are heading is that Deku realizes he needs to stop thinking of things in terms of “What would  Allmight do?” Instead of just going toe to toe with his opponent until one of their bodies give out, he needs to figure out more innovative ways of using his quirk. He’s already demonstrated a gift  for analyzing situations as well as the quirks of his opponents and allies and coming up with workable strategies. I also think Deku will be more the type to fight alongside others & be more inclusive rather than largely acting solo or with the occasional “sidekick”. He’s already earned the respect and trust of many people he’s met and in recent episodes even Allmight said he’s inspired him to overcome Sir Nighteye’s prediction.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Agree 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

23 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

While I haven’t read the manga, it seems to me the direction things are heading is that Deku realizes he needs to stop thinking of things in terms of “What would  Allmight do?” Instead of just going toe to toe with his opponent until one of their bodies give out, he needs to figure out more innovative ways of using his quirk. He’s already demonstrated a gift  for analyzing situations as well as the quirks of his opponents and allies and coming up with workable strategies. I also think Deku will be more the type to fight alongside others & be more inclusive rather than largely acting solo or with the occasional “sidekick”. He’s already earned the respect and trust of many people he’s met and in recent episodes even Allmight said he’s inspired him to overcome Sir Nighteye’s prediction.

Even in season 2-3, gran torino was trying to make a point to deku, he needs to think for himself.   I also wouldn't be surprised if they add a character that can fully heal people. Recovery girls healing is kind of limited. If she could fully heal people, she would have fully healed Almight a long time ago. 

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who wondered why the heroes/police's attempt to storm the villains headquarters was so uncoordinated/unstrategic? It seems like they were just walking into the front door with no particular strategy. Also, the one policeman with the search warrant 😂 

I'm getting curious to see what the whole Allmight business is all about. What Sir Nighteye saw seemed quite harsh. It probably won't come to it, but still wondering.

4 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Am I the only one who wondered why the heroes/police's attempt to storm the villains headquarters was so uncoordinated/unstrategic? It seems like they were just walking into the front door with no particular strategy. Also, the one policeman with the search warrant 😂 

I'm getting curious to see what the whole Allmight business is all about. What Sir Nighteye saw seemed quite harsh. It probably won't come to it, but still wondering.

The villains also had no guards around their place, no plans if their place got attacked.  They also just assumed that no one could find them. 

The heroes might have known this also. And Just thought the villains are too over confident. 

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Like 1

I think the apparent lack of strategy is largely due to both sides trying to keep up appearances.  The really bad stuff Overhaul’s group is doing goes on in the underground complex which is probably where most of the security measures are. Plus the entrances/exits are probably hidden and apparently the place is a huge maze, so they probably thought it was reasonably secure (would be if Nighteye hadn’t been able to use his Foresight ability, even then they only know a fraction of what’s down there). As it stands, they intend to have their main enforcers hold off the police/heroes while they destroy any evidence and escape with Eri. Though the excuse that the enforcers were acting on their own and not following orders seems implausible.

On the police/heroes side of things, while they’re aware Overhaul’s group are criminals, they still need to do things by the book. The League of Villains are more like terrorists, so if they can connect them to Overhaul’s group they can probably forego a lot of the procedures. Also if they can find evidence of what they suspect is going on with Eri, they could at least take her into protective custody, which would seem to put an end to his biggest plans. One thing that didn’t seem right to me is that Nighteye is apparently pretty famous (has his own agency & a former sidekick of Allmight). You’d think the guy taking care of Eri would recognize him, even if the nature of his quirk isn’t public.

On an unrelated note, I actually liked the brief interaction between Midoriya, Iida & Todoroki. Considering everything the three of them went through related to the Stain incident, it makes sense they would have a special empathy for what Midoriya’s going through at the moment.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

One thing that didn’t seem right to me is that Nighteye is apparently pretty famous (has his own agency & a former sidekick of Allmight). You’d think the guy taking care of Eri would recognize him, even if the nature of his quirk isn’t public.

On an unrelated note, I actually liked the brief interaction between Midoriya, Iida & Todoroki. Considering everything the three of them went through related to the Stain incident, it makes sense they would have a special empathy for what Midoriya’s going through at the moment.

Thought the same thing about the Sir Nighteye thing. I just brushed it aside though thinking something like 'maybe he isn't that famous' and 'the villian was probably quite distracted'. But I definitely also thought that that was a bit strange.

I think you are absolutely right about the other three though! I was wondering a bit about that scene, but I think your analysis describes it really well.

I rather enjoyed the recap episode this time and Overhaul seems like an interesting villain, but it does feel like things are dragging a bit to this point (the fact that there was already a week with no new episode doesn’t help). Seems like this coming week will be more action packed though. It’s scheduled to be a 2 cour season (25 episodes), so they can still cover a lot of material.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1