My Hero Academia

JigglyChaos

19 minutes ago, Anime loveer said:

I've never watched this show , but a lot of my friends have watched it , and they said they liked it very much and it was such a great show . It does seems like a lot of people like it .😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

I loved seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 had some awesomeness, but parts were underwhelming IMO. The current season just can’t seem to get rolling.

Of course if you don’t like shonen, the points moot :P

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 2 weeks later...

The school festival arc is getting fun with everyone finding a role to suit them for the concert (band, dancers, fx). Bakugo as drummer comes as no surprise 😂) And for a more comical villain Gentle & La Brava are perfect (equal parts Youtuber, gentleman thief & stage magician). We even got a bit of mentoring between Allmight & Deku.

• Like 1

The thing about this episode was that to me it kinda seemed a bit dragged out. I would have wanted to see more about the training with Allmight and less about the festival planning. The festival itself seems interesting but why did they show the organizational stuff so long 😂 I suppose it's part of showing the characters off more

This week was pretty much more of the same from last week. Very funny people wondering if Eri was Mirio’s kid 🤣 

It was good to see Mei again, Deku better test out any gear she makes for him though. Also got a bit more insight into Gentle & La Brava’s characters.

I saw Heroes Rising this afternoon which takes place after season 4 & it gave a bit of a preview of what Deku & Allmight’s training will lead to. I’m glad that Chimera & Slice got captured instead of killed. They’re too cool to be one shot villains & hopefully they’ll show up again spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Illusion of Terra said:

@RuthisianCodex why is that? because la brava is rather young or because of something else? I thought it was great to get better info on their background

Oh the extra background is great, don't get me wrong. It's the fact that she's not only way younger than him(the way the episode shows it is as if she's still just a teenager running around with this guy. Now, given cultural differences & all that, this could be completely acceptable & no big deal where they are but for me just eh...) but obsessive relationships like that are just so unnerving because they're not built on anything positive. I mean, when she first learned about him she was in  a deep depression & just grasped onto the 1st thing that looked good & became instantly obsessed & devoted herself to him. Also, the episode alludes to the idea that she stalks after her love interests, yikes! Add to that the fact that Gentle Criminal choose a life of crime because of his need for validation rather than finding some other way to get noticed & make his mark. Talk about toxic all the way around. Their bond is built & fortified by desperation. 

• Like 1

@RuthisianCodex that's quite a serious take on it 😂 not saying you are wrong or anything, I just didn't give it as much thought because the whole la brava gentle criminal thing seemed more as a comedic aspect overall to me. but yeah, there definitely are some things there that are unusual to put it in the best possible way. I don't think they will be playing a major role in the rest of the anime though, which then raises the question of why they would introduce them with such a background

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Just watched the latest episode & geez, the relationship between Gentle Criminal & La Brava...I just don't know what to say. It's a deep bond but I'm more than a little disturbed by it. 

I get the same feeling though they tried to make it a little less cringey than it first seems. Gentle’s hair was white in the scene where he was 22, so it’s a natural color, not due to age. But another scene had him refer to himself as middle aged, so I’m guessing 31 - 35. They comment on La Brava being short for her age but still guessing she’s about 14 - 16. So no matter how you look at it it’s still a minor girl & an adult man approximately twice her age. It’s likely a good bit of their feelings are admiration on her part & gratitude on his. Not to mention loneliness since they are both social outcasts. But they are very lovey dovey in the way they talk to each other, which makes it feel more than a little ... incomfortable.0

30 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@RuthisianCodex that's quite a serious take on it 😂 not saying you are wrong or anything, I just didn't give it as much thought because the whole la brava gentle criminal thing seemed more as a comedic aspect overall to me. but yeah, there definitely are some things there that are unusual to put it in the best possible way. I don't think they will be playing a major role in the rest of the anime though, which then raises the question of why they would introduce them with such a background

@Illusion of Terra hehe, yeah I tend to really get into character analysis if it's a show I greatly enjoy. Another reason I focused so much on them is because of Eri's attendance at the school event. We all know that she's got major stuff going on so for two new characters like that to be introduced at this time, it just makes me feel like somehow they would get involved with her or cause something bad to happen that involve her in some way. 

And @Ohiotaku exactly, see Gentle Criminal is the one who keeps talking about how much he's aging & stuff & that just makes it creepy. If Colonel Sanders had a disgruntled, estranged brother I bet he'd look & act just like Gentle Criminal! 

• Like 1

Just checked their “official” ages.  Gentle is 32 (called it). La Brava is supposedly 21 (no way in hell 🤣) Of course it’s a common trope in anime that male characters are younger than they look & females are older.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Silly 1

9 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

that's already considered middle aged? now I feel quite old dagnammit

They say that humans can live to be 120.  To me that means middle age is 60 so I figure I've got a few years yet to go.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it... for now.  I've got 5 years to come up with another one.  :D

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

After this week's episode I wonder what will happen to Gentle and LaBrava. I didn't quite get the last scene.

The festival was quite alright I think, nothing way over the top but what I expected. I think it was a rather enjoyable few episodes between the more serious ones!

Oh boy, now I can't wait to see it 🙂

Oh my gosh! Eri is just so adorable, I just want to scoop her up & protect her from everything! And I really enjoyed the school festival too! What a fun episode! 

• Like 1

Eri’s reaction is definitely a high point, not just of the arc, but the season. And Mirio & Midoriya tearing up (couldn’t ask for a better pair of “big brothers”). 
I wish the actual animation of Class 1A’s performance had been better, but at least they didn’t resort to the wonky looking CGI a lot of idol series use :P I did like the bit about Jiro’s background. That her love of music has a connection to her parents & she actually had conflicted feelings about becoming a hero vs a performer. But it’s not necessarily an either/or situation.

Still mixed feelings about Gentle & La Brava. Can’t help but wonder if it wouldn’t have worked better to keep them strictly comedic characters. While giving them a chance to reform has potential, the more seriously they try to portray them, the more the awkward aspects of their relationship stand out.

I thought they would devote the last 2 episodes of the season to a mini arc on the titan-esque villain we saw earlier, but looks like the emphasis next week will be on adult heroes like Endeavor & Hawk (who played a minor role in Heroes Rising).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I did like the bit about Jiro’s background. That her love of music has a connection to her parents & she actually had conflicted feelings about becoming a hero vs a performer. But it’s not necessarily an either/or situation.

definitely agree! thought that was really interesting from a character I had not given that much thought to before

Just watched this week's episode & ugh...Hawks just rubs me the wrong way all over! His arrogance is almost suffocating! 

And these new Nomus look really awful too. I've not read the manga, so I don't know what happens but these new Nomus look like they're mixed with Warp Gate's ability. Um yeah, if that's true these guys are definitely going to be a problem. 

• Agree 1