JigglyChaos

Starting to Watch: My Hero Academia

Hellloooo! (I hope I'm putting this post in the right category!)

Tonight, I will start watching My Hero Academia.

I thought it would be fun if anybody else is still in the beginning of the series, that we have some place to talk about it while we are watching it? (I never used a forum before maybe thats more of a chat/discord kind of topic idk)

Anyways, it would be fun to talk about our impressions with someone who is also experiencing MHA for the first time! :D

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Sweet! I was going to post a rewatch thread for this actually since Season 4 is almost upon us.

Ill leave this thread here for now since we will be starting season 4 in a month and it will be currently airing then.

I must say the first 6 episodes are really good!!

Deku is a very endearing character and ochako is just so kawaii ^.^

I love All might's non hero look, its so funny xD

• Like 1

Deku is pretty likable. I love the admiration and purity of his heart for All Might

A1DEDCF9-35DE-41E5-952D-23B7569241D2.jpeg

• Like 1

Having watched the whole first season of MHA, I can say the fight in the school's rescue simulation grounds against the real villains was SOO COOL!

I loved the cleverness of the writers in how to incorporate Mineta's quirk in the fight in the water area.

I also loved the Momo/Denki pair a lot. Momo's creation quirk is pretty neat because she has to know all the molecular science behind the objects.

I was so afraid for Eraser Head at the end but he really fought very well.

At this point, I'm getting pretty worried for All Might. He says he only has 1 hour of stamina left... (no spoilers please!)

As any of you watched the OVAs yet? I'm off to watch the first one!

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Its a pretty awesome show that has in fact grown quite strongly on me. I admit when I first watched it didn't think it was something I would get into it. With that said I quickly developed a love for many of the characters. It is also a series that really teaches quite a few good lessons as well. I'm glad your enjoying it. :) 

• Friendly 1

37 minutes ago, JigglyChaos said:

Having watched the whole first season of MHA, I can say the fight in the school's rescue simulation grounds against the real villains was SOO COOL!

I loved the cleverness of the writers in how to incorporate Mineta's quirk in the fight in the water area.

I also loved the Momo/Denki pair a lot. Momo's creation quirk is pretty neat because she has to know all the molecular science behind the objects.

I was so afraid for Eraser Head at the end but he really fought very well.

At this point, I'm getting pretty worried for All Might. He says he only has 1 hour of stamina left... (no spoilers please!)

As any of you watched the OVAs yet? I'm off to watch the first one!

O_O How did I not watch the OVAs!!!? I was so pumped about this series after binging it all only to be left waiting for season 4. Now its almost time for that season. 

Posted (edited)

I don’t believe the first 2 OVAs are licensed in the US. I watched them on Youtube, but the picture was only about a third of the screen and terrible quality. I was hoping they would be extras on season 2 or 3 disc release, but nope. A shame because I enjoyed them both. 

I haven’t seen the 3rd OVA. I suppose the movie really wasn’t that bad, it just didn’t feel all that special because the awesomeness of the tv series spoiled me. I was also feeling over hyped because it was the first time I’d seen a non-Ghibli anime in a theater.

Edit: seems I was wrong. Don’t see the third OVA listed as an extra either.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

Well now that explains why I didn't see them. I watched the series on Crunchyroll. The movies must not have been listed.

The ova are really funny and for some reason they break the 4th wall a lot plus we get some dakuxtsuyu moments 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kageokuma said:

The ova are really funny and for some reason they break the 4th wall a lot plus we get some dakuxtsuyu moments 

There’s Deku & Tsuyu moments???????  

Pics or it didn’t happen

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

It ticks me off when they license a series but the OVAs aren’t part of the deal

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Sad 1

I wish that tsuyuxdeku moment would of lasted just couple frames longer!

Tsuyu broke the awkardness a couple seconds too early for it to be real ship material for me.

• Like 1

I still stand by this

spacer.png

• Agree 2
  • Optimistic 1