How Did You Pick Your Username

Nova

I tend to get mine from fav char in anime series ,currently mine is from magic knight rayearth part of hikaru heart.so guys tell me where did you get username?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Ohio + Otaku. I use Ohayotaku on MAL

fairly obvious :P

I reaaaaly love your MAL name.

Mine is based off of Sesshoumaru. I just shortened it to make it a cute abbreviation 

• Like 2
  • Aww 1

Mine's a kind of lame but long winded one, to be fair.

Xyro is the main name for my OC within MMaM. The purpose of the name is that he, as one of the first lab-grown children, was the catalyst used for most of the others from there, which meant he was specimen "0".

Long story short, when he was taken from there, his father named him "Xyro", due to a lack of creativity on his part and his uncanny social unawareness.

That's literally it. very, very lame as far as origins go ;-;

Edited by Xyro
  • Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 2:43 AM, Seshi said:

Mine is based off of Sesshoumaru. I just shortened it to make it a cute abbreviation 

Didn't know that, but somehow it is eerily fitting. With the whole gun, military, and bodybuilding things my stereotypical mind tended to put you in the 'not entirely effeminate' category (lack of better description), and basing your name on a guy character fits that 😂

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Agree 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

56 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Didn't know that, but somehow it is eerily fitting. With the whole gun, military, and bodybuilding things my stereotypical mind tended to put you in the 'not entirely effeminate' category (lack of better description), and basing your name on a guy character fits that 😂

You know me so well 💕

I've used this current one for pretty much all online things for about maybe 12+ years now I think. Sanguine can mean some very different things. It can mean blood or having a relation to blood, and bloodthirsty among similar things, yet on the other hand it can mean eager and optimistic. Crying is similar in that people can cry for entirely opposing reasons, both from extreme happiness or sadness. So, putting the two words together can refer to some vastly different things that are sort of opposite on the cheerfulness spectrum, which felt fitting given I have bipolar disorder.

That, and I just really like the ring of it and blood-red color~

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

I picked a random name,  another random name and another random name. I did them in a blender and Humbby came out of It,  It was love at first sight. It has no meaning though sometimes people call me Humble Humbby because it sounds good.

I am happy because when i got this name nobody was using it. Now i have a few name stealers (not a lot) but oh well,  cant be original forever.

• Like 2

Rye came from my real name and Potato is beacuse I am a potato. Not that creative actually. I do remember that I have another name here before but I forgot what it was. It was such a long time agooooo. Omg. 

Edited by RyePotatoes
  • Like 1
  • Silly 1

I was deciding on a new one that I thought I would like. I always liked how ArchAngel sounded so I decided on that, but also thought Archie for short sounded even better. I may change again one day, but for now as well as foreseeable future I thinm,k the name rather suits me. 

On 9/15/2019 at 8:52 AM, RyePotatoes said:

Rye came from my real name and Potato is beacuse I am a potato. Not that creative actually. I do remember that I have another name here before but I forgot what it was. It was such a long time agooooo. Omg. 

Not gonna lie, I only remember what we called you for short, Maley I think. I am pretty sure the word Malice was in it.... hard to say, it was like 3 years ago~

...dear lord, it has been so long.

• Funny 1

On 9/20/2019 at 9:22 AM, SanguineTear said:

Not gonna lie, I only remember what we called you for short, Maley I think. I am pretty sure the word Malice was in it.... hard to say, it was like 3 years ago~

...dear lord, it has been so long.

Oniiiiii-samaaaaa! :'( I hope you're fine and all. I think it has a Malevolent in it. Ryuji actually came up with "Maley" 😂🤣

• Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 4:00 PM, RyePotatoes said:

Oniiiiii-samaaaaa! :'( I hope you're fine and all. I think it has a Malevolent in it. Ryuji actually came up with "Maley" 😂🤣

I am more or less okay, I hope you are doing well too~

Oh yeah, that's right!

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 2 years later...

Mine is from Otaku no Video. The founder of Gainax chose it for himself(otaking) after being made fun of for being an otaku..."If I'm going to be made fun of for being an otaku, then I will be the otaku of all otaku...Otaking!" The 66 was tacked on after I met "American Otaking" Steve Pearl at a con and we had an epic trivia contest...he beat me, of course, but not after many rounds...he said I was the 66th or so person he met as passionate and informed about anime in America as himself...lives is because I am returning to the fandom after a long hiatus(life).

• Wow 1

There was an old two part retrospective on the Fallout Series back in the day, the studio behind that short production was called 'Media Consumes Me', I always thought it sounded cool. 

Plus it was one of the first videos I watched that actually got me thinking critically about somthing I really enjoyed.

1 hour ago, Kreideprinz said:

Damn, Fallout was a good series. 2, New Vegas and 3 are my favorites but I do love the tidbits of lore out in the wasteland. Great username. 👍

Personal favourite would be 1 and NV, what's the meaning of your user name. If it's anime related I have no way of telling cause I am a noob. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kreideprinz said:

I miss NV, should play it over one day. No problem, the username isn't related to anime. It's from a game called Genshin Impact. The character Albedo is sometimes referred to as the Kreideprinz, which is German for Chalk Prince. For context, Albedo is a synthetic human created via alchemy. Love the mythos behind his story but I have an absolute weakness for artificial characters. Especially of the android/mechanical kind. 

I've never played genshin impact, though I have seen it advertised and spoken about on YouTube. Sort of freaks me a little out due to Tencent being behind it, there nearly as notorious as EA or Activision. And those are two companies I try to avoid nowadays (despite how difficult it can be sometimes).