What book are you currently reading?

Nuh1000

So what book(s) are you reading at the moment? Are they good? Or are they meh?

Share and tell us about the book you're reading at the moment!

I'm reading a book called "The Casebook of Victor Frankenstein." by Peter Ackroyd.

It's basically a excellent retelling of the story of Frankenstein focusing on the Doctor and how his ideas were perceived in that day and age.

I'd rate it a 8.5/10

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lemony Snicket - All the Wrong Questions - Book 3 - Shouldn't You Be In School?

Prequel to the "Series of Unfortunate Events", following Snicket in his younger days, when he first joins the V.D.F.! It's enjoyable, same sort of satirical writing you'd find with Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchet, although written for a younger audience!

I read that Netflix is in the process of making a television series to "Series of Unfortunate Events", with Barney from How I Met Your Mother (Neil Patrick Harris) playing Count Olaf, who was previously played by Jim Carrey in the movie, Supergirl (the younger) from CBS' Supergirl (Malina Weissman) playing Violet, who was previously played by Emily Browning in the movie, and Jeff from Rules of Engagement (Patrick Warburton) playing Lemony Snicket, which will probably be quite different to Jude Law's perfomance in the movie!

It's a bit unfair that Count Olaf will be going up again a Krytonian..., oh wait, Malina Weissman will not be an alien from another galaxy this time ;)!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just now finished 'How to Fall in Love' such an adorable book <3 <3 <3 Although I'm generally not into romance novels, I couldn't help but loving this one. It's the second of Cecelia Ahern's book I've read (the first one being P.S. I love you) and honestly, I wanna collect them all and read them 2749 times each and make a shrine in my room and worship them for eternity. (also, reading a single book in a single day is so not ok because I'll forget mst of it but I couldn't help it D: )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

After a fairly lengthy pause, I've resumed reading the Spice and Wolf novels. One's life is never complete without a steady diet of Holo.

In addition, I've been having Disc World books thrown at me by my fangirl wife, which I need to get around to at some point.

And, last but not least, I've been slowly working my way through The Modernist Cuisine books... extremely slowly, due to how intensely dense they can be. ^^;

• Like 1

well there you go I never knew spice n wolf had novels

A bunch of them, at that! The anime only covers a fraction of the story, if you can believe it. Highly recommended for a bit of light reading. ^^

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is also based on an expansive book series, as well - very fun read!

A bunch of them, at that! The anime only covers a fraction of the story, if you can believe it. Highly recommended for a bit of light reading. ^^

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is also based on an expansive book series, as well - very fun read!

yes I can believe it as I have watched the anime and as well as it was done there (to me) seemed small jumps or holes in small parts of the story

I have the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi in my anime library but so far haven't got round to seeing it

• Like 1

I have the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi in my anime library but so far haven't got round to seeing it

Definitely do this thing, you won't regret it. :)

Apologies for veering slightly off topic. ^^;

• Like 1

After a fairly lengthy pause, I've resumed reading the Spice and Wolf novels. One's life is never complete without a steady diet of Holo.

maaaan I got the first nove a couple of years ago but I can't fins the second anywhere around here TT^TT

anyway I've currently picked up the silmarillion again after pausing it for em.. a few years... it was kinda tiring for younger me with all those names and stuff and it made my head hurt... but now I am finally wothy of its brilliance :D

• Like 1

well the last book/novel

it was the 4 book compilation of the "Saga of the Pliocene Exile"

books being

The Many-Coloured Land (Saga of the Pliocene Exile #1)

The Golden Torc (Saga of the Pliocene Exile #2)

The Nonborn King (Saga of the Pliocene Exile #3)

The Adversary (Saga of the Pliocene Exile #4)

I still have vivid memories from them and if I could find copies again id read it again

Edited by Guest

I read books during my free time and when I am bored and when I have nothing to do at class and my teacher is boring. (Kind of bad.. but yeah)

So as of now, I'm reading Holding up the Universe by Jennifer Niven :) It's nice! Got me feeling boatloads of butterflies in my belly <3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...