What book are you currently reading?

Nuh1000

The last reply on this thread...

I am reading Vol. 1 of DanMachi

The story seems so different from page to screen!

Edited by Guest

Well it's not a 'current read' it's more like, 'recently finished again for the umpteenth time'.... xD

My favorite book to read is "The Hobbit" by JRR Tolkien. <3 In fact, it played a big part in my relationship with my husband and my proposal to him. It's a very special story.

Just finished re-reading Gladiator: A True Story of Roids, Rage and Redemption by former American Gladiator Dan "Nitro" Clark. (Any fans of that show back in the day?)

Read it to my wife, she was even amazed by the story, and that wasn't even her kind of show. And Nitro's doing a kickstarter now to fund his 2nd book.

I'm currently reading "The World's Most Infamous Crimes And Criminals" and "The Wisdom Of Psychopaths" by Kevin Dutton.

I find books such as these, very interesting, and quiet insightful ... Looking into the dark psyche of people such as these is quiet informative and grand, I also like to see how "normal" these people are, since, honestly, genius and psycho are treading a thin line, just as normal and psycho are as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Loaned a new novel from the library called Meddling Kids. Imagine how the Scooby Doo gang might have ended up after they grew up and went their separate ways. Be warned, it's messed up, and I'm only into the first chapter.

Well it's not a 'current read' it's more like, 'recently finished again for the umpteenth time'.... xD

My favorite book to read is "The Hobbit" by JRR Tolkien. <3 In fact, it played a big part in my relationship with my husband and my proposal to him. It's a very special story.

That's very romantic I love that sort of thing!

My partner and I have a special elder scrolls love together, it makes me feel fuzzy inside to share something so geeky with him

Adorable! ❤❤❤

• 1 month later...

I'm currently reading a graphic novel, Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley. It's about Katie Clay, our protagonist, and how she tries to sort out her life, which has had a lot of things go wrong recently, via the aid of magic mushrooms.

Yeah, I've used them myself...oh, wait, these are actually magic mushrooms. Oh. Anyway, she can use them to make a mistake she's made go away. She decides to use of ton of the, which you aren't meant to, in an effort to fix everything, but things go wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently reading a book called "How to Kill a Mockingbird".  There's this annoying mockingbird outside my house who keeps chirping and I'm trying to figure out how to just kill the thing. Currently the book is going on about some rebellion of some kind, not really helping out my situation at all. 

• Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently reading Flowers In The Attic and it's one of the best book series I've ever read. (Believe me, I've read a lot of books)
The characters are so complex and interesting, every little thought and movement is so captivating that I found myself utterly lost in such a masterpiece, finishing both book one and two in under five days. The writing is beautiful, the characters are just gorgeously written and so complex it makes you ache just to know what will happen next. Everything is just so perfectly done that you feel like you're there with them, like you can see everything they see. It's an absolute masterpieces, just beautiful in every way.