What book are you currently reading?

Nuh1000

On 11/1/2017 at 9:22 AM, SleepyLeoulf said:

Hero: Rescue Mission by: Jennifer Li Shotz

Been SUPER excited to read this book since I've been waiting months for it to come out. 

Like I said before I'm still SUPER excited that I'm reading this book, so far its good as always and I'm sucked right back into the world of Hero. I really enjoy the series quiet a lot since its pretty easy to read, flows well and the characters are well developed enough to understand and picture in your head when reading the book. Probably not for everyone but I rather enjoy it and find it interesting for a book and now a fan of the series / author. I really hope the ending will end on a happy note since I think this is the last of the Hero series.. Then later on the author is writing Scouts story next and series of books about him. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves dogs the type who serve our county, police the streets,  use for therapy companions, or search and rescuing people for disasters. I'll see how it ends soon. *picks it up and reads some more* <3

On 12/2/2017 at 11:36 PM, ItsSammy said:

Oh, how are you finding the Tokyo Ghoul mangas, @Vivi Hyuuga? I've read a few, up to season two actually.

I'm really liking them! I've seen the first season of the series, but I heard that season two was a real let down, so I decided to read the manga instead so I wouldn't be disappointed. I'm currently on volume eight. Really anticipating seeing what happens next!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dog Diaries: Togo Vol 4 By: Kate Klimo

An interesting book so far about a real dog and their life. True it is middle grade but I thought it looked kawaii to read some of the series, since they are based on history and I love animals. 

• 1 month later...

I'm re-reading The Fault in Our Stars because I just want to lie down, try not to cry, and cry a lot.

AdiBPrO.jpg

On 12/6/2017 at 7:40 AM, Roxeg said:

I'm currently reading the Hobbit myself.

I just finished it two months ago, along with the Lord of the Rings. I soon got a migraine after binge reading non-stop for 20 hours.

• Cute (Kawaii) 1

13 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

I'm re-reading The Fault in Our Stars because I just want to lie down, try not to cry, and cry a lot.

AdiBPrO.jpg

I just finished it two months ago, along with the Lord of the Rings. I soon got a migraine after binge reading non-stop for 20 hours.

Now I'm reading Corpse Party, and Beren and Lúthien චᆽච

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ashamed to say that I'm really not reading anything at the moment.  Technically I'm in the middle of "Leviathan Wakes", but I kind of lost interest and haven't picked it up in months.  (That and I've just been too busy.)  I've barely glanced at the latest issue of "Analog" either.  I think the last actual book I read was either Mahaffey's science-history "Atomic Accidents" or O'Neill's "2081".  (The latter of which is still amazingly on-point, considering it was written over 30 years ago before personal computers, cellphones, the 'Net, Musk, or Sorensen.  Fox Cluster or bust!)  Neither of those is what most people would call recreational reading however.  For that I'd probably have to go all the way back to last years' reread of "Legacy of Heorot", by Niven, Pournelle, and Barnes.

On 5/9/2018 at 4:35 PM, Frith said:

Ready Player One

I thought that one was a hoot.  I was a big arcade crawler back in the days of pinball and Space Invaders and I played ALL those games at one point or another.  My VR/holodeck house will have an old-school arcade stocked with the likes of Space Wars, Space Invader, Asteroids, Galaxian, Star Wars, Gauntlet, and all the rest.  :)

On 5/24/2018 at 12:58 AM, efaardvark said:
On 5/9/2018 at 7:35 PM, Frith said:

Ready Player One

I thought that one was a hoot.  I was a big arcade crawler back in the days of pinball and Space Invaders and I played ALL those games at one point or another.  My VR/holodeck house will have an old-school arcade stocked with the likes of Space Wars, Space Invader, Asteroids, Galaxian, Star Wars, Gauntlet, and all the rest.  :)

I've been to Dave and Buster's and Chuck E. Cheese's, but I don't know if those are actually arcades, and I don't remember seeing games like Space Invaders or Pac-Man as much as skee-ball and a ton of games I just cannot recall. I did have an Atari 2600 growing up though; my parents are not fans of video games and when they found it at a yard sale it was all I was going to get. I mostly played Space Invaders, Asteroids, and a lot of Video Pinball.

Currently i am reading an old classic. i read it when i took advance placement English literature called, "Beloved" by Toni Morrison. and now a few years later i want to reread it as it was one of my favorite books while taking that class.

• 4 years later...

Claudia Gray - Master & Apprentice Audiobook Free

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

What we know of the Jedi Order is still developing, even as The Surge of Skywalker rapidly approaches, ending what we can assume is our first nine-part lesson on a significant factor in what will certainly be their supreme background. In canon, we actually haven’t had much content depicting how the Jedi Order operated prior to the situation in the Republic came to be a full-scale battle, eventually consuming the Jedi into darkness and leaving their few surviving seeds of hope spread in the wind. Claudia Gray – Master & Apprentice Audiobook Free. Claudia Gray has actually provided us what I wish will certainly be the very first of several tales highlighting how tough it could be to commit as well as exist within the Jedi Order. The human vulnerability of each participant in its ranks starkly contrasts the stoic principles Jedi are expected to possess all at once. They are anticipated to exist within a challenging, varied galaxy as a pillar of justice and also modesty, yet the struggle to maintain that code within each individual is where the splits potentially show up. An order, ethical and dogmatic, is depicted to have reached its surge within the virtuously decaying Republic it is intended to safeguard.

The reader definitely sees flashes of the radiance one would certainly expect in the golden era of the Jedi, yet you can also see the trouble the Jedi are gone to and also just how the Sith no question saw this age as the best time to strike. The Jedi Order ended up being an anachronism as the corruption of the Republic spread like a quiet virus whose signs and symptoms its residents and also protectors ignored until it was far too late. That’s not to say the Jedi were contented or inefficient– Master & Apprentice narrates that shows how terribly the Jedi are required in this age of the galaxy.
Qui-Gon Jinn is absolutely the star of Master & Apprentice. His character is not much various on the surface than the professional Jedi we met in The Phantom Hazard. Nonetheless, Qui-Gon Jinn is a labyrinthine combination of uncertainty and faith, continuously questioning whether he is the best Jedi and also most significantly, the very best educator, he can be. Liam Neeson’s excellent efficiency in The Phantom Menace shared a peaceful dispute however reviewing it in Gray’s reliable passages gives specificity that makes the fatality which caused his eventual absence from the Duplicate War and also Anakin’s tutelage that a lot more terrible. Qui-Gon Jinn was as altruistic a Jedi as could be expected, often annoyed with an Order connected like an inadequate gear in the immorality equipment of the Republic. I constantly presumed there was something downhearted concerning Qui-Gon; instead, Gray’s composing indicates the Jedi held healthy and balanced skepticism regarding the galaxy yet eventually believed in the good of the Force and the Jedi’s ability to be a force forever. That benevolence really did not come without a logical eye wanting to the past and feasible future in the many revelations of the Jedi.A revelation was the stimulant for the entire Skywalker saga so it seems proper Gray would certainly take a look at the stressful partnership Jedi had with them. Being “existing in the moment” is a mantra repeated in canon and also suggested to be a core Jedi technique, which is why predictions seem to fly in the face of this model of the Jedi Order. The Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn’s tendency for the Chosen One revelation is discussed right here and it comes from his master, Dooku. Dooku makes appearances in Master & Pupil, but those appearances are absolutely nothing contrasted to exactly how his training looms over a lot of things Qui-Gon does. In this tale, Dooku has already left the order to help with the administration of his homeworld Serreno, but those who were closest to the powerful Jedi Master think there is more to his departure than obligation to his homeworld and also family members dynasty. Where Dooku researched predictions for a function that at some point came to be much darker, his fascination with what they might forecast as well as mean was presented not just onto Qui-Gon Jinn. Dooku had an apprentice before Qui-Gon, a personality I suspect fans will certainly be howling for even more of as soon as they complete this unique Rael Averross (we’ll reach him in a second). Nevertheless dubious most Jedi respect prophecies, Dooku left an enduring curiosity within Qui-Gon, which is never rather sated, as the Jedi describes checking into the distant past of galactic history to take a look at if some might have currently concerned fruition yet thinks several have yet to pass.
Before we obtain unfathomable right into Jedi mysticism (that could be a whole series of write-ups), allow’s talk about the tale of Master & Pupil, as it’s a well-contained story that takes us on an adventure set against the thorny, political backdrop of a brand-new planet called Pijal. The tale opens up on the Hutt controlled world of Teth. The Jedi have been sent off to check out missing out on shipments of farming the Hutts are presumed of taking. After a brief standoff where Qui-Gon negotiates for Obi-Wan’s life while holding a blade to a Hutt crimelord’s throat, the Jedi go back to Coruscant to report to the Jedi Council. Gray makes no illusions that the relationship between Qui-Gon and also Obi-Wan is a smooth one at this point in time (canonically this takes place eight years before The Phantom Threat). It’s not as combative as the one Obi-Wan will later on have with his very own apprentice however there is an established skeptical undertone in the bond between the one he’s had with his master considering that the first day of his apprenticeship. Both master and also pupil question if they are a great fit. Qui-Gon is worried if he’s a capable educator as a result of his uneasyness with Jedi dogma and also testy connection with the council; while Obi-Wan can just discover ground in ignoring his own defiant propensities by sticking to the rigorous Jedi guidelines, which feeds doubt.Obi-Wan isn’t truly sure what to think about his master. The Padawan is seventeen and also on his 4th year of training under Qui-Gon’s direction. When Kenobi came to Qui-Gon he had a defiant reputation of his own and part of Yoda’s intent behind the suit was to utilize Obi-Wan’s natural uncertainty concerning authority to push him toward the Jedi code. Because Qui-Gon weaves in and out of Jedi conviction it forces Obi-Wan to accept it as his very own way of discovering his freedom from his master. Master & Apprentice (Star Wars) Online. It’s an odd however brilliant technique by Yoda, coupling to individuals with each other so comparable they contrast each other by their inherent nature to rebel versus the familiar and the status-quo, whether that’s their very own vibrant or the way they see the Jedi Order. Obi-Wan isn’t the confident, cocky young adult we fulfill in The Phantom Hazard. He’s untried, unclear, and also always wondering about if he’s doing the appropriate point. Regardless of the highlighted defiant streaks in his persona, Obi-Wan quite wants to be a good Jedi, he’s just unclear if he’s worthy of his master’s lessons or if they are the ideal fit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i am reading/ listening to  this  book
=================================================
I am on  Chapter 7  of  the  Audiobook   and it is   Supremely or surprisingly   good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently reading the third Hunger Games book and I have thoroughly enjoyed the series so far.

after that I'm going to read Battle Royale by Koushun Takami.

I believe the two series/books have similar concepts, so I'm eager to see how Battle Royale plays out.

• Like 3

On 12/24/2022 at 8:40 AM, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

I'm currently reading the third Hunger Games book and I have thoroughly enjoyed the series so far.

after that I'm going to read Battle Royale by Koushun Takami.

I believe the two series/books have similar concepts, so I'm eager to see how Battle Royale plays out.

I haven't read or watched the Hunger Games (yet), but with Battle Royale, I'd suggest not getting too attached to any of the characters. I guess it's the same with HG? One of these days I'll try giving it a read.