New Registrations Suspended Read more... ×
Nuh1000

What book are you currently reading?

On 11/1/2017 at 9:22 AM, SleepyLeoulf said:

Hero: Rescue Mission by: Jennifer Li Shotz

Been SUPER excited to read this book since I've been waiting months for it to come out. 

Like I said before I'm still SUPER excited that I'm reading this book, so far its good as always and I'm sucked right back into the world of Hero. I really enjoy the series quiet a lot since its pretty easy to read, flows well and the characters are well developed enough to understand and picture in your head when reading the book. Probably not for everyone but I rather enjoy it and find it interesting for a book and now a fan of the series / author. I really hope the ending will end on a happy note since I think this is the last of the Hero series.. Then later on the author is writing Scouts story next and series of books about him. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves dogs the type who serve our county, police the streets,  use for therapy companions, or search and rescuing people for disasters. I'll see how it ends soon. *picks it up and reads some more* <3

On 12/2/2017 at 11:36 PM, ItsSammy said:

Oh, how are you finding the Tokyo Ghoul mangas, @Vivi Hyuuga? I've read a few, up to season two actually.

I'm really liking them! I've seen the first season of the series, but I heard that season two was a real let down, so I decided to read the manga instead so I wouldn't be disappointed. I'm currently on volume eight. Really anticipating seeing what happens next!

• Like 1

The Snowman by Jo Nesbø

• Like 1

Dog Diaries: Togo Vol 4 By: Kate Klimo

An interesting book so far about a real dog and their life. True it is middle grade but I thought it looked kawaii to read some of the series, since they are based on history and I love animals. 

Icebreaker by Wiktor Suworow. 

I’m reading a book called ‘The Reader’. Very sci-fi and a good read for those who like Star Wars and such.

Now I'm reading Beren and Luthien, yes, even more Tolkien.

The Monk by Matthew Lewis. I can't believe I've been missing out on gothic horror all these years when it's right up my alley.

I never got to finish last apprentice. I want to read it again sometime 

I'm re-reading The Fault in Our Stars because I just want to lie down, try not to cry, and cry a lot.

AdiBPrO.jpg

On 12/6/2017 at 7:40 AM, Roxeg said:

I'm currently reading the Hobbit myself.

I just finished it two months ago, along with the Lord of the Rings. I soon got a migraine after binge reading non-stop for 20 hours.

• Cute (Kawaii) 1

13 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

I'm re-reading The Fault in Our Stars because I just want to lie down, try not to cry, and cry a lot.

AdiBPrO.jpg

I just finished it two months ago, along with the Lord of the Rings. I soon got a migraine after binge reading non-stop for 20 hours.

Now I'm reading Corpse Party, and Beren and Lúthien චᆽච

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

I'm ashamed to say that I'm really not reading anything at the moment.  Technically I'm in the middle of "Leviathan Wakes", but I kind of lost interest and haven't picked it up in months.  (That and I've just been too busy.)  I've barely glanced at the latest issue of "Analog" either.  I think the last actual book I read was either Mahaffey's science-history "Atomic Accidents" or O'Neill's "2081".  (The latter of which is still amazingly on-point, considering it was written over 30 years ago before personal computers, cellphones, the 'Net, Musk, or Sorensen.  Fox Cluster or bust!)  Neither of those is what most people would call recreational reading however.  For that I'd probably have to go all the way back to last years' reread of "Legacy of Heorot", by Niven, Pournelle, and Barnes.

On 5/9/2018 at 4:35 PM, Frith said:

Ready Player One

I thought that one was a hoot.  I was a big arcade crawler back in the days of pinball and Space Invaders and I played ALL those games at one point or another.  My VR/holodeck house will have an old-school arcade stocked with the likes of Space Wars, Space Invader, Asteroids, Galaxian, Star Wars, Gauntlet, and all the rest.  :)

On 5/24/2018 at 12:58 AM, efaardvark said:
On 5/9/2018 at 7:35 PM, Frith said:

Ready Player One

I thought that one was a hoot.  I was a big arcade crawler back in the days of pinball and Space Invaders and I played ALL those games at one point or another.  My VR/holodeck house will have an old-school arcade stocked with the likes of Space Wars, Space Invader, Asteroids, Galaxian, Star Wars, Gauntlet, and all the rest.  :)

I've been to Dave and Buster's and Chuck E. Cheese's, but I don't know if those are actually arcades, and I don't remember seeing games like Space Invaders or Pac-Man as much as skee-ball and a ton of games I just cannot recall. I did have an Atari 2600 growing up though; my parents are not fans of video games and when they found it at a yard sale it was all I was going to get. I mostly played Space Invaders, Asteroids, and a lot of Video Pinball.

Currently i am reading an old classic. i read it when i took advance placement English literature called, "Beloved" by Toni Morrison. and now a few years later i want to reread it as it was one of my favorite books while taking that class.